Addict
    09-08-2009, 01:30 PM #1

The GOP's Misplaced Rage

Guru
    09-09-2009, 07:32 AM #2
    First of all calling him a Conservative is like saying Arnold S. (Gov. of CA) or Senator Snow of Main are conservative, they are not. While they are part of the republican party they are not conservative republicans.

Once again when Bush had the recession in 2001 he put in place tax cuts which gave us the shortest shallowest recession in history (and that with the 911 attacks to boot). The cause for this DEEP recession are as said before because of the collapse of the banking industry brought on by giving bad loans to people that could not pay them off.

As for the differences between what McCain and Obama would have done it is clear that McCain would have gotton us out faster. One only has to look at what has happen in the economy so far for that. First of all, as for all the stimulas that has been spent so far, a whooping 12 % of the total, most of which is in tax cuts. So most of the improvements that the administration is trying to lay down is proof that the stimulas is working shows the way to get out of a recession is to give the people back their money (or not take so much away in the first place).

P.S. I am still waiting Lloyd for that answer to my question as to; How did the Bush tax cuts cause this recession.

I dont expect you to ever answer that question because for you to do so, will once again show your stupidity or prove you to be wrong on the issue and nether is exceptable to you.

I am also still waiting for the answers on

1) If volcanos put out more global warming gases in one eruption then humans have the last 20 years how can humans be a such a big part of the equation.

2) If the oceans put out 98% of the global warming gases and everything else and humans are responsible for the other 2% then how can humans be such a big part of the equation.

3) If your own UN studies say that cows put out more global warming gases then all the cars then how are humans so much of the equation.

I will help you out here by giving you a picture maybe you can rap your mind around. If we were to take the Super Dome and fill it up with people to represent all the global warming gases put out on the planet and then take a count of the people to represent what humans put out. Do you know how many people in that dome would be????? thats right, just 4.

Addict
    09-09-2009, 08:46 AM #4
    "Bruce Bartlett has been involved in CONSERVATIVE politics for a quarter century. He authored one of the leading books on supply-side economics, worked in the Reagan administration, and held a position at the Natioal Center for Policy Analysis--until the Dallas-based group fired him, apparently fearful of financial retaliation arising from his sharp criticisms of the administration."

Guru
    09-09-2009, 10:47 AM #5
    I dont care if he has been involved in conservative politics or not, reading the article I can tell you now he is not a conservative. Just like Arlen Specter called himself a republican upto just a few months ago. What does he call himself now thats right a democrat. That was no surprise to conservatives though, we knew just where he came from, and if you recall conservatives and many republicans never wanted Bush to support him in his re-election bid the last time and that was if you recall a reason he gave for leaving the republican party, he knew this time around he would not get the republican nomination.

As for the article Because it is long and I dont have the time to tear it apart totally, I will show the most prevailing misconception in it.

"Finally, conservatives have an absurdly unjustified view that Republicans have a better record on federal finances. It is well-known that Clinton left office with a budget surplus and Bush left with the largest deficit in history. Less well-known is Clinton’s cutting of spending on his watch, reducing federal outlays from 22.1 percent of GDP to 18.4 percent of GDP. Bush, by contrast, increased spending to 20.9 percent of GDP. Clinton abolished a federal entitlement program, Welfare, for the first time in American history, while Bush established a new one for prescription drugs.

Conservatives delude themselves that the Bush tax cuts worked and that the best medicine for America’s economic woes is more tax cuts; at a minimum, any tax increase would be economic poison. They forget that Ronald Reagan worked hard to pass one of the largest tax increases in American history in September 1982, the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act, even though the nation was still in a recession that didn’t end until November of that year. Indeed, one could easily argue that the enactment of that legislation was a critical prerequisite to recovery because it led to a decline in interest rates. The same could be said of Clinton’s 1993 tax increase, which many conservatives predicted would cause a recession but led to one of the biggest economic booms in history."

First and fore most it is fact thats right fact when Reagan came into office the top tax rate was 67% and when he left it was 39%. That is not raising taxes that is lowering them. Are you now going to say you never heard of trickle down economics. Where do you think that phrase came from. Second it is also fact that the revenue the government gets when the taxes are cut gos up. It has happen every time from when JFK did it to Bush. Next he forgets to mention that they where PROJECTED surpluses not actual which took a hit when Bush got hit with a recession and then we had 911 which took a total of 1.2 to 1.5 trillion out of that PROJECTION by itself. He also gives Clinton credit for cutting spending. Where that credit comes from I have no idea because if you where old enough to remember those days he was planning on spending almost as much on his health care reform as Obama (as compared to GDP) and that it was not until the republicans in the house came in to power that the cutting started. A perfect example of the total misconception of this article and this guy being a conservative is that he even trys to give Clinton credit for welfare reform. Once again anyone that was old enough knows Clinton had to be dragged kicking and screaming to pass that bill. It is fact that welfare reform bill was concieved by the house republicans not Clinton.

Now to say Bush was even a conservative was brought into question by many when he got that prescription drug bill through. Most conservatives will tell you that that was the beginning of the end of the republican party being in power because that bill went totally against everything republicans where suppose to stand for. Instead of sticking to their princibles they tried to get people the way the democrats did by making them dependant on the government and giving entitlements away. They thought that would get them more votes they made a terrible mistake because it turned away their base which by the way were CONSERVATIVES.

Now lets bring up your hero Paul klugman who has said this bill (the house bill being discussed) would end up being a single payer plan. Kind of turns what you said about that bill on its head doesn't it.

Also Lets talk about Pat Catdel (a Carter adviser) a proud to say it lib, that says, Obama is distroying the country and democrats had better start to ask what dog is barking because Obamas America is not the same America most democrats are ready for or want.

What cats got your tongue!!!! No answers to the questions I asked you so many times already. I will take your silence to these questions for so long to mean you cant answer them with any common sense and therefore your theories on both are totally flawed. Otherwise you would be able to answer those questions a long time ago right. I mean hell I asked those questions months ago and you still have no answer.

Guru
    09-09-2009, 11:26 AM #6
    Here I think Lloyd needs help in answering the questions put to him in my first post on this thread so I will ask anyone that thinks the Bush tax cuts caused this recession to answer that question and anyone that believes man is responsible for global warming (oops thats right it is now global climate change I bet the wack jobs think we wont remember they called it global warming when they start to say AGAIN (BTW) that we are now heading for another ice age) to answer the others dealing with that issue, I will wait.

Addict
    09-14-2009, 04:36 PM #8
    Remember these books as we watch the economy goes through its future gyrations.