Page 2 of 4 1234
    Legend
    09-19-2009, 08:24 AM #11
    Can you please stop using the word Nazi. My grandparents were murdered by the Nazi's and the idea that someone can use that name to describe anyone other than the original Nazi's is particularly disturbing to me and all who understand the real meaning of that word. if your that intellectually unable to have a discussion without stooping to such name calling why dont you just stop posting.

No one is cramming anything down anyone's throat. Anyone can buy any car they want and will ALWAYS continue to. We just want to change the environment for the better so all our children and grandchildren can breathe better air and have a country that is not bankrupted by energy prices and held hostage to Middle east oil. We are going to give you MORE choices in car buying and not less.

All industries have always been a combination of private business and public
    policy. unfortunately you have bought into some talking points that do nothing to advance this important conversation and are in fact completely inaccurate.

Mentor
    09-19-2009, 06:51 PM #12
    Sorry about the nazi reference...but it was ok to call Bush a Nazi...But now...not OK...No problem! Will remove it from my posts!

Again...I call BS...With the new cafe standards that the eco-scumbags are cramming down our throat...Will either be next to impossibe to meet those standard with trucks/suv or they will all convert to hybrids...have you seen the cost of a Tahoe/Suburban hybrids...cost prohibitive! Happy now!

Mentor
    09-19-2009, 07:02 PM #13
    Country being BK by the liberals! Are you tired of being held hostage by the middle east...Drill here! You liberals are so hypocrital...Refuse to allow drilling here offshore...claim to want clean air for our grandchildren! But it is ok to give 200M or 200B to Brazil for them to drill offshore. Guess their kids and grandkids are not worth saving! Hypocrits...can I say that word!

We are dependent on foreign oil...We can reduce it by drilling here! And by using our Middle East like monoply on Natural Gas...we can again have affordable energy!

And yes hybrids, EV and such will help also to reduce our dependence on the Middle East!

Wind and solar will also help...but are and will cont to be cost prohibitive/unreliable for years to come! So let's all suffer for another 20 years of getting screwed by the middle east!

Real Unemployement- over 10% you want more jobs...put the oil industry back to work!

Mentor
    09-19-2009, 07:09 PM #14
    BTW- where was the outrage when Pelosi and the other band of scumbags were calling Bush every name in the book! Granted...he screwed up 2nd term...no question...but to call him some of the stuff that the LIBERAL SENATORS called him...totally unrehensible! Senator Wilson got raked over the coals and sent too timeout by the Liberals...FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!
    F%%%ing hypocrits!

BTW- check out the latest Rasmussen poll! In three key Senate races...Liberals getting killed! For the sake of our country...I hope it cont!
    Thank God, that I live in Texas and don't have to listen to their BS!

09-19-2009, 09:15 PM #15

What???

The MSM has admitted that their job is NOT to expose lies by either side; their job (as they see it) is merely to say "he said. she said". That does not provide useful information and abdicates the responsibility that the media has always practiced. They are lazy and uneducated in many issues and afraid of losing ad dollars.

Bush started a war based on lies to excuse his behavior. Using your logic it would be okay to say, Bush lied, bur all politicians lie so it is equal. BULLSHIT.
    There are differences and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    BTW- where was the outrage when Pelosi and the other band of scumbags were calling Bush every name in the book! Granted...he screwed up 2nd term...no question...but to call him some of the stuff that the LIBERAL SENATORS called him...totally unrehensible! Senator Wilson got raked over the coals and sent too timeout by the Liberals...FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!
    F%%%ing hypocrits!

BTW- check out the latest Rasmussen poll! In three key Senate races...Liberals getting killed! For the sake of our country...I hope it cont!
    Thank God, that I live in Texas and don't have to listen to their BS!
    Last edited by Atypical; 09-19-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Legend
    09-19-2009, 11:36 PM #16
    Sorry about the nazi reference...but it was ok to call Bush a Nazi...But now...not OK...No problem! Will remove it from my posts!

Again...I call BS...With the new cafe standards that the eco-scumbags are cramming down our throat...Will either be next to impossibe to meet those standard with trucks/suv or they will all convert to hybrids...have you seen the cost of a Tahoe/Suburban hybrids...cost prohibitive! Happy now!
    No. it was not ok to call Bush a Nazi. When did i ever say it was? Glad you will stop and i call on everyone else to stop as well no matter what political party you are from.

So having higher Mpg for cars is cramming something down your throat?
    Then cram away. Ridiculous. you are sounding like a real whiner over this matter. You should be thankful for the changes that will be coming to cars in the near and distant.future. Lets wait 10 or 20 years and beyond and see if your kids and grandchildren are complaining. And i for one am damn proud of what our govt is trying to do.

Legend
    09-19-2009, 11:39 PM #17
    Country being BK by the liberals! Are you tired of being held hostage by the middle east...Drill here! You liberals are so hypocrital...Refuse to allow drilling here offshore...claim to want clean air for our grandchildren! But it is ok to give 200M or 200B to Brazil for them to drill offshore. Guess their kids and grandkids are not worth saving! Hypocrits...can I say that word!

We are dependent on foreign oil...We can reduce it by drilling here! And by using our Middle East like monoply on Natural Gas...we can again have affordable energy!

And yes hybrids, EV and such will help also to reduce our dependence on the Middle East!

Wind and solar will also help...but are and will cont to be cost prohibitive/unreliable for years to come! So let's all suffer for another 20 years of getting screwed by the middle east!

Real Unemployement- over 10% you want more jobs...put the oil industry back to work!
    So your solution for our complex economic problems is to put the oil industry back to work? Thank god you are not running this country. Why dont you ask them why they arent drilling in all the land they presently have available to drill on. They will you tell you it aint worth it to them.

Mentor
    09-20-2009, 12:04 AM #18
    So...in your words...The MSM are lazy and uneducated in many issues and afraid of losing ad dollars! If they are uneducated and lazy...get them the F off of my television. they have no business discussing politics! NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC. What about MSNBC getting caught red handed editing video and lying to our faces! The "WHITE GUN TOTING" when it was a African-American. They edited the tape, lied during the broadcast, and lied again saying that the reporter wasn't talking about that guy! BS When you lie, you should lose ad revenue...you should lose your job!

NBC- Immelt in Obamas back pocket!
    MSNBC- lying DBags!!!
    CBS- Remember Dan the big fat lier Rather
    ABC- probably the fairest of the 3 network media giants!
    FOX- kicking their asses while at least putting out varying opinions! i admit Hannity/Beck are over the top...Otherwise fairly even...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    The MSM has admitted that their job is NOT to expose lies by either side; their job (as they see it) is merely to say "he said. she said". That does not provide useful information and abdicates the responsibility that the media has always practiced. They are lazy and uneducated in many issues and afraid of losing ad dollars.

Bush started a war based on lies to excuse his behavior. Using your logic it would be okay to say, Bush lied, bur all politicians lie so it is equal. BULLSHIT.
    There are differences and you know it.

Mentor
    09-20-2009, 12:08 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    So your solution for our complex economic problems is to put the oil industry back to work? Thank god you are not running this country. Why dont you ask them why they arent drilling in all the land they presently have available to drill on. They will you tell you it aint worth it to them.
    Yesterday...you asked me if I could read! It is obvious from what you just posted from my last post...You cannot!

I said...Ok with hybrids/EV...also said OK with Solar/Wind...somehow...you conviently missed those...Selective just as Lloyd is!

And Yes...put the oil industry back to work...Will helpto free our independence from the Middle East!

Legend
    09-20-2009, 12:57 AM #20
    I understand that you unlike John give some support to alternative energy as an important part of our future. However, you seem to have this deep seated ideological hatred of everything to do with the Govt only as it relates to the alternative energy business. Our Govt has been supporting the gas, coal, and oil industries with billions in subsidies and tax breaks for decades ( which continue today). I dont see your outrage in that case which leaves you open to the charge of being a hypocrite.
    The oil companies dont need more billions of dollars of help. They are working today and making record profits. They can drill in multiple places that they choose not to. God how i wish we could set up two parallel universes so we could test our alternative theories. I feel quite confident of the results.

Page 2 of 4 1234