Page 28 of 28 ... 18262728
    09-19-2009, 02:11 PM #271
    Tib - mad max, indeed. do a googlemonster search for "thunderdome burning man" -- and/or go to www.burningman.com -- my pics don't do it justice - but thanks for the compliment. I'm a leo, so yeah, keep it coming my friend ;-)

Hey Romo -

Man, I tell ya, I should be spending the day drinking - too

There are two inherent issues with that thought, though.

1. It's just me and the boy today - he's not trained, yet, in making drinks.

2. I've not done *that* since September 2005. I wouldn't know where to begin...

I had spent a while creating a rather cohesive response - and then, well, I failed to copy the text before hitting the reply button -- poof! lost in space...it drives me crazy when I do that!

Now I'm on limited (borrowed) time, while my son get's the last of Saturday morning cartoons. And then, it's PB&J sandwiches, a glass of milk, and we're off to get him a new harmonica and school supplies. I'm thinking that there just might be some gummy worms & frozen yogurt somewhere in the mix.

In a nutshell --

Sans 10k delay, I wasn't comfortable going the distance - re: facing the r/s head-on. Well, not at $0.20+ pricing. As is, I'm maxed out on my intestinal-fortitude risk levels with that other stock (siri).

My exposure is roughly $1200 currently. And, should it remain sub-dime - I'll take another position on Monday. Not betting the bank - but will put another grand in...

Me - I'm kinda hoping that the r/s is rescheduled/postponed/cancelled. I can see it jumping to the purported $0.45 quickly, in such case. I'm okay, at this price point, for the r/s to be effected, though.

The runup, imho, was due to you -- well, folks like you that have faith in the stock. I know that if it weren't for you, there are several folks here that wouldn't be interested & putting money in it. By way of casual observance, I noticed that there were at least three fellows poised to get in or otherwise add to their position.

Me - I don't pay much attention to the shorts - probably should, but I don't. In a way, I take an approach similar to the way I play blackjack (the only game I play, btw). And that's simply to assess the amount of cash that I have that is truly discretionary - put it on the table - and pay attention to not only the cards, but also the dealer and other players. If the dealer is agro...change tables...if there's a drunk next to me...change tables...ultimately, it's *ok* to take my money off the table. greed is good, when monitored ;-)

Anyway...so yeah, the *over there* is satwaves. I try to be a good cheerleader and not step on any toes. There are times that some of the senior guys can get carried away. A couple of times, now, I've been a bit more verbose than is the norm in taking a stand. It's a good forum, over all, but a few cats that I respect have lost a few credibility points by way of unwarranted and unsolicited outbursts that aren't conducive to the welfare of positive flow of communications and educated discourse.

That's not to say that I'm conducive or relevant - just that one of my pet peeves is when folks buy their confidence & respect when they *should* be renting it. Mama always said that you attract more flies with honey...

And while I'm not savvy to an "ignore" feature, I do have a built in meta-filter and skim over 70% of the *senior* posters. For the most part, these guys are rather inflexible with their views and are rather predictable.

Me, I'm much more interested in what the guys that post less frequent have to say. Not only do I find that there is either new info & new questions to be considered - I find that more than half the time, these are the guys that only speak up when they feel strongly that it's time to say something. So, yeah, my ears perk up to these cats.

My meta-filter also is quite adept in speed bumping the "me too" & "one-liner_great post_love_&_do_whatever_you_say" cats.

All said, there are about ten Cats that I dig and listen to that have more than 100 posts.

I might add that I'm much more of a perception-based-social-feeler guy than a chartist. I do look at the charts, though, often and play the fibs/resistance. -- realize that Dave has been *mentoring* me, along the way. So, I imagine that as we move forward -- it'd be a natural progression for me to lean towards his style.

And frankly, I'm of the opinion that Dave's modus operandi is not a bad way to go...

Still, if I can't *feel* the stock...it eats me up to be in it. I still have to be able to engross myself in the overall vibe of the company and to be interested in reading large amounts of information to this end.

Okay...my boy is giving me doe-eyes...time to head out to the music store!

here's a blog article that I just read that appears to be genuine and well written that may be of interest to you bubble-heads

http://50centinvestor.wordpress.com/...pnge-skeptics/

Have a great day ever'body...

Ramsey

PS: I did it again - submitted this without being appropriately logged in - this time, though, I copied it first!

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    tough call, do you think the friday runup was caused by shorts or NSS covering? The story came out before the RS announcement from buyins.net that the shorts are out of the money at .09, so that would be a signal of a cover friday...maybe they know now is their only chance to get out....only good things to come...

SPNG is fundamentally valued at around .30 so .10 is unbelievable buy, but can it go lower and will it go lower after the RS?? dunno, but if .08 breaks the next support is .05, i have some $$ left incase it gets tested (before or after the RS) thats all on that one....have to make your own choice based on those tidbits....(the game changer is the 10k and we don't know how long the reaudit of 2008 and 7 will take) i wonder if the sec allows the RS to happen without the 10k being filed another kicker in the equation.

Where is "over there"? yazoo? Its unreal how many lies people can tell there...there's a real nice guy named ramsey...that I think is nice and smart though, lol...

I started using the ignore button like mad, it helps...otherwise I got burnt out and had to shut the computer off for 3 and a half minutes!! jk, i was burning out though..

Glad to see you and bill again....gotta go drink all day, probably check in again sunday....

09-19-2009, 02:19 PM #272

Been here and there.....

[QUOTE=billhart22;51553]

Speaking of fish...I was reading through here and I haven't seen Andy posting..maybe I just missed it. Andy, are you here? I am going to fire up the fish that you sent me this weekend!QUOTE]

Hey Bill...Welcome back...weve been missing you over here....LT, ROMO, Bass and the rest of the boys/gals have been keeping the thread going while youve been gone.

Me...Ive have had quite the busy last few weekends trying to fill the freezer with fish and game.....Been lurking on the thread..not posting though...watching my portfolio go up and down like everyone else.

For all you vegetarians out there...close your eyes!!!!

80lb Halibut!!!!

Bull Caribou!!!!

39inch Bull Moose hanging on drying rack!!!!

This is why WE love Alaska!!!!!!
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 09-19-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Mentor
    09-19-2009, 03:26 PM #273
    Andy

Great pics...did one of the boys shoot the caribou? Good to see fathers/sons doing the hunting/bonding...memories that will last forever! Good work my man!

jeff

09-19-2009, 08:30 PM #274
    Hey Jeff,

Unfortunately my 12 yr old boy had a chance, but missed at another bou in the bunch. At that point in the trip, we were heading home with a moose and saw a band of 7 bulls on the hillside, so we motored over on the boat and climbed the hill to see how close they were. The bou were bedded down about 500 yrds from us..one bull saw us and they all got up and started walking away. I managed a shot from about 200 yrds on that one. My son had a shot from about 100 yrds and missed...it would have been his second one. We were running out of daylight, so we dragged the bou to the beach, gutted and headed and loaded him up on the bow. If we would have got a second one, we wouldve arrived back to town in the dark....not a good thing.

So overall it was a good trip...I plan on trying to get back up again this month when the main herd is closer to town.

Andy

Mentor
    09-20-2009, 12:28 AM #275
    Andy

I remember missing from 100 yards...couldn't believe it...He'll have his chances!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Jeff

Guru
    09-20-2009, 12:55 AM #276
    [QUOTE=Alaska Guy;51600]
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post

Speaking of fish...I was reading through here and I haven't seen Andy posting..maybe I just missed it. Andy, are you here? I am going to fire up the fish that you sent me this weekend!QUOTE]

Hey Bill...Welcome back...weve been missing you over here....LT, ROMO, Bass and the rest of the boys/gals have been keeping the thread going while youve been gone.

Me...Ive have had quite the busy last few weekends trying to fill the freezer with fish and game.....Been lurking on the thread..not posting though...watching my portfolio go up and down like everyone else.

For all you vegetarians out there...close your eyes!!!!

80lb Halibut!!!!

Bull Caribou!!!!

39inch Bull Moose hanging on drying rack!!!!

Hey Andy,

It is great to hear from you. I am a vegetarian, but if I lived in Alaska and lived off game I would not have a problem in the least. I would eat it all. That is why I eat fish (wild caught from Alaska).

The worst thing I have ever eaten wild is Bear. Logically, it is marbled with fat (Brown Cells), that slowly break down over the Winter. The meat is like tallow wax and pretty disgusting and tough, but I have eaten it several times. It is pretty rancid tasting. Cut around the fat and it still sucks. The bright side is the skin and fur...it is precious and is wonderful for a rug with felt back on it. You know where I am coming from.

Fish?? They are a Godsend! I love fish and Oysters (raw). I love them both raw. Your smoked Salmon is the best I have ever eaten..I thank you so much for it. I have some things on the way to you..It is just taking some time...It is only because you are so generous and such a good guy...no other reason.

We really appreciate you here!

Your pictures are bitchin'. I would love to be doing the same things as you. I think I will write you a PM and discuss some fish business with you...if you are interested. I am totally into Halibut...

Andy, have a great night and I thank you so much for your support!

Bill

Mentor
    09-20-2009, 09:22 AM #277
    Your pictures are bitchin'.

Between those two quotes ... Andy, you really get me reminiscing every time you put these up. I need to get away from the concrete jungle for awhile. Never a hunter but I used to work at a Trap and Skeet place as a 'puller' when I was younger ... Fishing, my friends and I where far more geared towards trout and the elusive Steelhead, rivers and lures was more our niche'. There is just something conveyed through what you share here that is remarkable, beyond my articulation ...

Ramsey ... "Me too!" I don't know, the whole deal between here and 'there' ... just can't be bothered with it, not after all these years of moderating in an even more hostile environment ... But I think your assessment is pretty much dead on, the one thing that I think happens unintentionally is a sort of 'bullying' that escapes the one's doing it - I was just as bad in my little realm and despite the occasional mentions even privately it didn't really sink in until after I had been away from it all for a season. Looking back at it, I have more than a few regrets - At the time I think it was more of a subconscious protectionism, you're too close to it and deep into it where every little thing gets magnified and blown out of proportion.

I jumped the gun there a bit with the rambling on about a book I am reading - Should have waited until I get through all of it, it's going a little sideways at the moment ... raising some doubt's about .. oh, ethic's and credulity.

Mentor
    09-20-2009, 10:03 AM #278

Evfl

Missed this Friday ...

DALLAS, Sep 18, 2009 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) --
    Evolution Fuels, Inc. (Pink Sheets:EVFL) (the "Company") today announced that
    it has filed a "Supplemental Information" filing which can be found on the Pink Sheets
    OTC Markets website (www.pinksheets.com) under "Filings" for Evolution Fuels.

In the filing, the Company describes the status of certain debts in the aggregate
    amount of $2,536,869.26 that have recently been retired.

About Evolution Fuels, Inc. ...

http://www.pinksheets.com/pink/quote...sp?symbol=EVFL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the Pinksheet filing;

EVOLUTION FUELS, INC. (f/k/a EARTH BIOFUELS, INC.) (“Evolution” or, the
    “Company”) hereby states the status of previous outstanding debts owed to certain
    entities. The items below describe Evolution’s retirement of debt to Radcliffe SPC, Ltd.
    and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.

RADCLIFFE SPC, LTD
    On August 24, 2009, Radcliffe, SPC, Ltd., a fund managed by Radcliffe Capital
    Management, LP based in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania provided an exchange notice to
    Evolution that, pursuant to the Amended and Restated Senior Secured Exchangeable
    Convertible Note dated 6/26/08, it had elected to exchange $2,000,000.00 of debt for
    200,000 shares of PNG common stock at an exchange price of $10.00 per share. The
    Company has complied with the exchange notice.

AKIN GUMP STRAUSS HAUER & FELD LLP
    On August 5, 2008 the Company executed a promissory note in favor of Akin Gump
    Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (“Akin Gump”). The principal amount on the promissory
    note was $536,869.26, which became due and payable on November 1, 2008. The
    Company failed to make the payment required by the Promissory Note on this date. The
    Company reached a settlement agreement with Akin Gump on September 11, 2009 and
    no longer has any obligations related to the promissory note.

http://www.pinksheets.com/pink/quote...sp?symbol=EVFL
    (Under Filings)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caught this elsewhere and stopped by the shrub to peruse for any intelligent conversation regarding it ... sigh ... It's truly pixie dust, or laughing gas or who knows what these guy's are on, so much crap to try and get through ...

Nothing on their (EVFL) site, it doesn't even show up in the latest news.

Not sure what to make of it ...

Page 28 of 28 ... 18262728