Head Honcho
    06-18-2007, 05:31 PM #1

Sirius and XM Merger Survey

Let your opinions be known, and discuss it here on the forums. Participate in the latest SATCOS survey. SATCOS is a sister site of Satellite Standard and Sirius Buzz.

The latest survey is - Sirius and XM Merger Survey
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

06-18-2007, 10:21 PM #2

More options

I currently have subscriptions to both XM amd Sirius. I'm a big sports fan and spend $36 a month for both. The majority of the the music programs are the same but I have to purchase one sub for Baseball and one for Football.

I live in the Pocono mountains where there's not much to do, especially if one is disabled like myself. Without the sat radio, my entertainment and information would be extremely limited.

I was also wondering what would happen if one of the companies went out of business. Wouldn't that be a momopoly? That surviving company could then charge anything they wanted. If the merger is approved, it could be done with restrictions or some top of price cap. Seems to make sense to me.

Head Honcho
    06-19-2007, 12:54 AM #3

Good Points

You make good and valid points. Personally I think that neither company will go out of business, and if the merger is not approved one or both will be scooped up by other companies.

i would rather have the future of satellite radio in the hands of people that have been doing the business for quite some time than to have another corporation come in and buy one of these companies.

Hopefully you took the SATCOS SURVEY. If you get time there are other surveys on the site as well. Check them out.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder