Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Guru
    09-14-2009, 10:58 AM #11
    What candleman still no answer, does that video of her look like she is made up person to you and yes something you would have know about if you watched FOX. Just think from what you have said this women was never mentioned by any other MSM. Does that get you thinking who is really being brainwashed here. I have not seen one report on any other MSM critical of the Obama health care. Doesn't that get you thinking that you have been mislead.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-14-2009, 11:09 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    What candleman still no answer, does that video of her look like she is made up person to you and yes something you would have know about if you watched FOX. Just think from what you have said this women was never mentioned by any other MSM. Does that get you thinking who is really being brainwashed here. I have not seen one report on any other MSM critical of the Obama health care. Doesn't that get you thinking that you have been mislead.
    John,
    For the most part, I don't watch TV. I am just a bit too busy living my life to spend my time in front of the tube. I do get most of my news from National Public Radio and they have presented many opposing views to the plans that are being offered up by our Congress. And of course I have these employees to keep busy and stocks to invest in and profit to make, so I can happily pay my taxes and help take care of Americans that are less fortunate than me. I'm just not willing to give those things up in order to watch TV.

You shouldn't get so pissed John, it's not good for your blood pressure and that will cause my insurance premiums to rise....LOL

This is debate and that's how we will solve the problem. I watched your videos and checked out your web sites. It's good information. Thanks for sharing that with me.

Mentor
    09-14-2009, 11:13 AM #13
    For you candelman I will do the research you should be doing yourself.

http://www.physiciansforreform.org/index.php?id=30

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...oach_to_h.html

http://healthcarehorserace.com/tag/barbara-wagner/

As for me, I have been living on planet earth in the real world, how about you.

http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/vcity.php?stateid=NC

Then you people wonder why I get so pissed at you, get the facts before you say something.
    John,

You say you live on Planet Earth...and yet you don't have a very worldly view. You seem to be very angry about the way the rest of the world deals with health care. This anger can't be good for your health. You make some good points John. But, you're a little uptight. Quit watching TV and go out for a run or a bike ride. It's a beautiful world out there. Full of happy people that go to work on a daily basis and just want a good life.

Guru
    09-14-2009, 11:41 AM #14
    candleman, You are missing the point, I have a great life that I dont want to change. The problem I have with people like you and Lloyd is you being uninformed and are tying to change my life for the worse. I want you Lloyd and the government to stay the frick out of my life. I dont want your healthcare, your Cap and Trade, or your high tax rate. If people like you want to give more of your money to the government or to the poor to get health insurance then noone is stopping you, go right ahead, just dont make anyone else do what you want.

I love how when people like Lloyd say well Bill Gates and Warren Buffet say they want to pay higher taxes. Well noone is stopping them from giving the government more money, yet they have not done it. Not to mention it is easy to call for higher taxes after you have already made the bulk of your fortune and that bulk will not be taxed. Somehow I think they would think differently if it was going to be made retroactive. The reason is you never heard them say that kind of thing when they originally started their businesses. I dont know somehow I believe back when they were just starting out they where against higher taxes.

If the polls showed Bush to have the low ratings on the war as Obama has had on Healthcare then Bush would not have gone to war in Iraq in the first place. Also dont say well the polls changed after the fact because it is much more difficult to get out of something then to get into it. Just like this heathcare Obama wants. If it gos into effect then there will be no chance to get out of it.

Mentor
    09-14-2009, 01:09 PM #15
    candleman, You are missing the point, I have a great life that I dont want to change. The problem I have with people like you and Lloyd is you being uninformed and are tying to change my life for the worse. I want you Lloyd and the government to stay the frick out of my life. I dont want your healthcare, your Cap and Trade, or your high tax rate. If people like you want to give more of your money to the government or to the poor to get health insurance then noone is stopping you, go right ahead, just dont make anyone else do what you want.

I love how when people like Lloyd say well Bill Gates and Warren Buffet say they want to pay higher taxes. Well noone is stopping them from giving the government more money, yet they have not done it. Not to mention it is easy to call for higher taxes after you have already made the bulk of your fortune and that bulk will not be taxed. Somehow I think they would think differently if it was going to be made retroactive. The reason is you never heard them say that kind of thing when they originally started their businesses. I dont know somehow I believe back when they were just starting out they where against higher taxes.

If the polls showed Bush to have the low ratings on the war as Obama has had on Healthcare then Bush would not have gone to war in Iraq in the first place. Also dont say well the polls changed after the fact because it is much more difficult to get out of something then to get into it. Just like this heathcare Obama wants. If it gos into effect then there will be no chance to get out of it.
    I understand what you're saying John. We all have different opinions of what it means to be an American. You have yours, and I have mine. I'm glad that we can discuss these things so we have a better understanding of each other!

Addict
    09-14-2009, 01:13 PM #16

US Dept of Defense: valuing Energy Security

Addict
    09-14-2009, 01:16 PM #17
    http://markey.house.gov/index.php?op...839&Itemid=243

Its good to see Politicians planning for the future as opposed to waiting till everything is worse and that much more difficult to resolve. (ie. Bush/Cheney on health care)

Addict
    09-14-2009, 01:25 PM #18
    Oops. Wrong place. i quess i was too anxious to change the subject. Lol.

Addict
    09-14-2009, 01:30 PM #19
    Oops wrong thread.

Mentor
    09-14-2009, 01:30 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Oops. Wrong place. i quess i was too anxious to change the subject. Lol.
    Good move Lloyd...change that subject as quickly as possible...

And by the way, how's your investing going??? Since that is the point of being here

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...