09-11-2009, 09:42 PM #1

2009 Ford Ranger swap from Sirius to XM

What needs to be done to convert a factory installation of a Sirius Radio module to an XM module? Can it be a simple programming service request through Sirius/XM?

If that is not possible has anyone just changed out the receiver module and used the same antenna, etc? What manufacturer and model of module should I get?

I understand the module is mounted behind the glove box. My biggest reason to switch is that I have XM in my Jetta, and there are a couple of programs and channels there that I really like that are not on the Sirius line up.

Enthusiast
    09-11-2009, 09:52 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    What needs to be done to convert a factory installation of a Sirius Radio module to an XM module? Can it be a simple programming service request through Sirius/XM?

If that is not possible has anyone just changed out the receiver module and used the same antenna, etc? What manufacturer and model of module should I get?

I understand the module is mounted behind the glove box. My biggest reason to switch is that I have XM in my Jetta, and there are a couple of programs and channels there that I really like that are not on the Sirius line up.
    Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just the add the Best Of XM to your Sirius account, go look at the channel line up on what the BOXM has to offer?
    you may be supprized, your missing XM channels may be on the BOXM