Page 11 of 16 ... 910111213 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-16-2009, 01:36 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This would be news to me. I just talked to Tyler yesterday.
    Thanks Charles, this was starting to worry me. I was thinking about a cocktail and then I realized it was the middle of the day.

Guru
    09-16-2009, 01:45 PM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Agree john,nothing goes straight up,and second little recession is definitely on the table,especially if unemplyment doesn't stabilize or go down next 2 q;s as it is a lagging metric,just as it was in beginning of crash..
    we will have 10-15% dips for profit taking as normal,but up we will go with know as of now news..

I think it will be what you said and a huge drop in the value of dollar (which then leads to hyper-inflation) that will cause the next recession. The reason is I dont think the money can be paid back fast enough from the tarp and other bail outs to stop the value of the dollar from dropping. That along with all the spending that is going on. If the health care and other spending can be stopped then maybe the dollar well not drop to far or fast. To be clear speculaters look at the future and see even though the health plan will not cost anyting in the near future it will in the not to far off future.

P.S. Hey Lloyd that is how the Bush tax cuts could have caused this recession. The government would have had to borrow money for them sending the value of the dollar down and therefore causing hypre-inflation to happen there by causing a recession. Now while some will say the dollar did drop compared to the Euro in 2000 I have to remind people that many economist said that the Euro was way under valued and should be at least 1.20 to the dollar and not 87 cents to the dollar it did not take long for that correction and was mostly there or on its way before the Bush tax cuts where even talked about. There is one fact reguardless while the value of the dollar did fall it did not fall anywhere near what would have been needed to cause hyper-inflation. As proof there were times the Fed was worried about deflation and not inflation. Anyway all that did not happen and why it is ridiculous when people try to blame this recession on Bush or his tax cuts. Recessions are cyclical they will come ilregaurdless the difference is how long and deep they are.

Guru
    09-16-2009, 01:48 PM #103

I would watch out Charles he could Newman you.

Sorry Newman I had to.

Addict
    09-16-2009, 02:02 PM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I think it will be what you said and a huge drop in the value of dollar (which then leads to hyper-inflation) that will cause the next recession. The reason is I dont think the money can be paid back fast enough from the tarp and other bail outs to stop the value of the dollar from dropping. That along with all the spending that is going on. If the health care and other spending can be stopped then maybe the dollar well not drop to far or fast. To be clear speculaters look at the future and see even though the health plan will not cost anyting in the near future it will in the not to far off future.

P.S. Hey Lloyd that is how the Bush tax cuts could have caused this recession. The government would have had to borrow money for them sending the value of the dollar down and therefore causing hypre-inflation to happen there by causing a recession. Now while some will say the dollar did drop compared to the Euro in 2000 I have to remind people that many economist said that the Euro was way under valued and should be at least 1.20 to the dollar and not 87 cents to the dollar it did not take long for that correction and was mostly there or on its way before the Bush tax cuts where even talked about. There is one fact reguardless while the value of the dollar did fall it did not fall anywhere near what would have been needed to cause hyper-inflation. As proof there were times the Fed was worried about deflation and not inflation. Anyway all that did not happen and why it is ridiculous when people try to blame this recession on Bush or his tax cuts. Recessions are cyclical they will come ilregaurdless the difference is how long and deep they are.
    http://www.christiangrantham.com/200...ive-economist/

Schooled again.

Addict
    09-16-2009, 02:25 PM #108
    And this. Anyway you get the picture. I now return you to your regularly scheduled channel. Sorry for the interruption by you know who.

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/0...de-of-descent/

09-16-2009, 02:35 PM #109
    Thanks for jumping in Charles. Before I scrolled down I was teary eyed.
    Where else could I go and get my own customized dog? Where else could
    I go and find a bunch of great guys? Where else could I go with my wicked sense of humor and not get booed off?

Nowhere else, but here at Sirius Buzz!

Thank you for all you do to make this place home to me/us.

Julie

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-16-2009, 02:40 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Thanks for jumping in Charles. Before I scrolled down I was teary eyed.
    Where else could I go and get my own customized dog? Where else could
    I go and find a bunch of great guys? Where else could I go with my wicked sense of humor and not get booed off?

Nowhere else, but here at Sirius Buzz!

Thank you for all you do to make this place home to me/us.

Julie
    Julie, Julie, Julie....you could go to the corner bar and find the same bunch of nuts....

Page 11 of 16 ... 910111213 ...