Page 13 of 16 ... 31112131415 ...
    09-17-2009, 08:59 AM #121

Calling for an end to the recession!

The real Big Ben of finance has called an end to the recession, Bernake. Housing has bottomed, I put a FSBO sign in my yard yesterday and I had three competing full price offers, all pre-approved, in less than 24hrs, amazing! BS

Asian markets are up, European markets are up and according to yahoo our markets are poised for another nice move up! Wow, does anyone get a sense that everything is better? Markets are definitely fixed...hense they go in only one direction, up. Even though many good stocks are up 30% from their bottom, its time to buy, buy, buy! APPL, BP, XTO, NAT, pretty much anything you buy will go up. I think it time to go on margin and start buying with both hands, you can't lose!? BS.

Oil supply in the world is near record highs, how can that be if UPS and Fedex are shipping goods all over? BS Oil should be around 55$/barrel, gasoline should be well under a 2$, Diesel should be around 2$. There has been no disruption of oil refining, a slow summer driving season and less demand in general...something is off with oil. Today its back over 72$. I truly don't understand the supply and demand with oil, its run by a cartel, I wonder if that matters?

Just some thoughts for the haters out there.

My short positions are getting smashed and since I am playing with the houses money I am going to let them ride. I sold out of SIRI at .77 and if we continue to run I will take a new position at .73. It is up almost 4% premarket...good for all the longs hanging in there! Protect some of your gains, please. Never selling even a 10th of your position is unwise. GLA, DYODD, next stop the dollar menu! Its such a sure thing I think I am getting a home equity loan today and buying as much as I can tomorrow...this sounds like 98-99 all over again! Any chance we are already back in a bubble? No way, I am crazy and everything is better! Go buy a third car, trampoline, and an above ground pool!

Big Ben

PS The only true thing to come down the pike in the past month is Bernakes comment on what the recovery will look like...dog shit! Can't recover if 11% unenjoyment floating around, FYI most counties is SC are closer to 15-18%...not good.

09-17-2009, 09:27 AM #122

Worth the read

I love it, right after I take a shot at FedEx, nice article comes out.
    FedEx 1Q earnings fall 53 percent
    FedEx 1Q earnings fall 53 percent; says profit will remain weak through end of year
    By Samantha Bomkamp, AP Transportation Writer
    On Thursday September 17, 2009, 8:58 am EDT
    Buzz up! 0 Print.Companies:FedEx Corporation
    NEW YORK (AP) -- FedEx Corp. said Thursday its first-quarter earnings fell 53 percent -- matching its prediction released last week -- and warned its profit will remain weak through at least the end of the year.

But the world's second largest package delivery company, considered a bellwether of economic health, said it does see signs of improvement in the global economy as international shipments picked up.

The Memphis, Tennessee-based company reported earnings of $181 million, or 58 cents per share, compared with $384 million, or $1.23 per share, a year ago.

Revenue fell 20 percent to about $8 billion.

Analysts predicted profit of 58 cents per share on revenue of $8.24 billion.

First paragraph is the truth and second is a big fin lie! Not getting better and it won't in near future.....how can that be?

Guru
    09-17-2009, 10:53 AM #123
    Here Big Ben, I will give you a good example of what just happen. It is like you just lost your wallet with all your credit cards in it and 2,000 dollars in cash. Then someone returns your wallet to you with all your credit cards still there but all your money is gone. Now while you just lost 2,000 dollars you are still somewhat happy you got all your cards back and dont have to worry if they are also stealing your credit. That is what is going on with the way people feel at the moment. Give it time they will settle in and realize they still just lost 2,000 dollars.

Enthusiast
    09-17-2009, 12:20 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Here Big Ben, I will give you a good example of what just happen. It is like you just lost your wallet with all your credit cards in it and 2,000 dollars in cash. Then someone returns your wallet to you with all your credit cards still there but all your money is gone. Now while you just lost 2,000 dollars you are still somewhat happy you got all your cards back and dont have to worry if they are also stealing your credit. That is what is going on with the way people feel at the moment. Give it time they will settle in and realize they still just lost 2,000 dollars.
    That is a great analogy. But I think people are realizing they lost the $2000 and are seeing limited means to replace it as quickly as they once did.
    Unemployment
    Reduced wages
    401Ks underwater
    Wage raises frozen
    Expanded govt = higher taxes
    Home costs increasing: insurance, electricity, maintenance, etc.
    Education cost increasing
    etc etc etc

Top line revenue and jobs are not being increased with any significance. The consumer is diving in the trenches with every dollar until the tornado passes.

I think we currently have a market driving sentiment vs sentiment driving the market. There has been a huge amount of money sitting on the sidelines just waiting for an opportunity to draw a 20% plus return. That profit is going to be pulled out of the market soon.

Though we can still make money on the smart plays.

JMHO

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-17-2009, 04:13 PM #125
    We closed at .69 today on average volume. Not everyday can be a winner!

09-17-2009, 04:24 PM #126
    SIRIUS XM Receives Notice Regarding Minimum Bid Price RuleLast update: 9/17/2009 4:15:00 PMNEW YORK, Sept 17, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) announced today that it received notice from the Nasdaq Stock Market on September 15, 2009 that its common stock had closed below $1.00 per share for 30 consecutive business days and is therefore not in compliance with the Nasdaq Marketplace Rule 5450(a)(1). In accordance with Marketplace Rule 5810(c)(3)(A), SIRIUS XM may regain compliance if at any time by March 15, 2010 its common stock closes at or above $1.00 for 10 consecutive business days. The Company intends to maintain the listing of its common stock on Nasdaq and will consider available options if its common stock does not trade at a level likely to result in compliance with Nasdaq's minimum bid price requirement by March 15, 2010. This notification was expected given the reinstitution of Nasdaq Marketplace Rule 5450(a)(1) on August 3, 2009 and has no effect on the listing of SIRIUS XM's common stock at this time. In May 2009, the Company's stockholders approved an amendment to its certificate of incorporation to effect a reverse stock split at a ratio of not less than one-for-ten and not more than one-for-fifty. The Company's board of directors has authority to select an exchange ratio within the approved range at any time prior to June 30, 2010. The board of directors intends to effect the reverse stock split only if it determines the reverse split to be in the best interests of stockholders. Such a reverse split would put the company in compliance with the Nasdaq bid price requirement.

10 consecutive days above a dollar....we can't get to .80c. Reverse split is the death nail to all the true longs.

09-17-2009, 04:57 PM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    SIRIUS XM Receives Notice Regarding Minimum Bid Price RuleLast update: 9/17/2009 4:15:00 PMNEW YORK, Sept 17, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) announced today that it received notice from the Nasdaq Stock Market on September 15, 2009 that its common stock had closed below $1.00 per share for 30 consecutive business days and is therefore not in compliance with the Nasdaq Marketplace Rule 5450(a)(1). In accordance with Marketplace Rule 5810(c)(3)(A), SIRIUS XM may regain compliance if at any time by March 15, 2010 its common stock closes at or above $1.00 for 10 consecutive business days. The Company intends to maintain the listing of its common stock on Nasdaq and will consider available options if its common stock does not trade at a level likely to result in compliance with Nasdaq's minimum bid price requirement by March 15, 2010. This notification was expected given the reinstitution of Nasdaq Marketplace Rule 5450(a)(1) on August 3, 2009 and has no effect on the listing of SIRIUS XM's common stock at this time. In May 2009, the Company's stockholders approved an amendment to its certificate of incorporation to effect a reverse stock split at a ratio of not less than one-for-ten and not more than one-for-fifty. The Company's board of directors has authority to select an exchange ratio within the approved range at any time prior to June 30, 2010. The board of directors intends to effect the reverse stock split only if it determines the reverse split to be in the best interests of stockholders. Such a reverse split would put the company in compliance with the Nasdaq bid price requirement.

10 consecutive days above a dollar....we can't get to .80c. Reverse split is the death nail to all the true longs.
    LOL Ben, your as bad as the rest of the uninformed bashers. Maybe you should write for Motley Fool. If a short term sell off does come because of this news it will be from uninformed retail investors that get shook out and miss the real gains coming. They don't know any better. We've all known about this for months.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-17-2009, 05:11 PM #128

Ben,
    That is such old news that it's already built into the price. We're only talking about the price rising 31 cents in the next 160 days. The previous 160 days are a demonstration of what can happen to this stock in such a short time. We will easily be above a buck before very long. I know you want to bash it into the ground so you can jump back in. But, in reality, a better move might be to just buy the damn stock and stop being so depressed about your losses.

09-17-2009, 08:05 PM #129
    I love it, right after I take a shot at FedEx, nice article comes out.
    FedEx 1Q earnings fall 53 percent
    FedEx 1Q earnings fall 53 percent; says profit will remain weak through end of year
    By Samantha Bomkamp, AP Transportation Writer
    On Thursday September 17, 2009, 8:58 am EDT
    Buzz up! 0 Print.Companies:FedEx Corporation
    NEW YORK (AP) -- FedEx Corp. said Thursday its first-quarter earnings fell 53 percent -- matching its prediction released last week -- and warned its profit will remain weak through at least the end of the year.

But the world's second largest package delivery company, considered a bellwether of economic health, said it does see signs of improvement in the global economy as international shipments picked up.

The Memphis, Tennessee-based company reported earnings of $181 million, or 58 cents per share, compared with $384 million, or $1.23 per share, a year ago.

Revenue fell 20 percent to about $8 billion.

Analysts predicted profit of 58 cents per share on revenue of $8.24 billion.

First paragraph is the truth and second is a big fin lie! Not getting better and it won't in near future.....how can that be?
    I just sent a envelope to Washington DC Fed Ex over night. The cost $66.00 I think for another $30.00 or so I could have delivered it myself with the air fares being where they are...I think Fed Ex will do ok
    vaporgold

09-17-2009, 10:37 PM #130
    There is a pre-requisite to be clueless about debt to invest in Sirius?

they're paying $400mil/yr in interest -- that ALONE will sink them. not to mention the nearly $4 bil in principal to pay back.

you guys talk about how they are nearly making money EXCLUDING interest.... guess what? that won't save you from bankruptcy. including interest they are losing money hand over fist and it's getting worse every is it a pre-requisite to be clueless about debt to invest in Sirius?

they're paying $400mil/yr in interest -- that ALONE will sink them. not to mention the nearly $4 bil in principal to pay back.

you guys talk about how they are nearly making money EXCLUDING interest.... guess what? that won't save you from bankruptcy. including interest they are losing money hand over fist and it's getting worse every quarter as they issue more debt to buy more time.... (only reason they want more time is for management to pay themselves their ridiculous salaries)

the debt holders own this company - it's just a matter of time... the common is worthless.

one of you SIRI bulls show me - in numbers - how they will come out of this pleasequarter as they issue more debt to buy more time.... (only reason they want more time is for management to pay themselves their ridiculous salaries)

the debt holders own this company - it's just a matter of time... the common is worthless.

one of you SIRI bulls show me - in numbers - how they will come out of this please.

Finally someone with a brain.

Page 13 of 16 ... 31112131415 ...