Page 24 of 26 ... 142223242526
    Mentor
    09-12-2009, 12:38 PM #231
    Great patterns... why wasn't this one mentioned when I compiled the ticker list!, lol.

09-12-2009, 01:30 PM #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Great patterns... why wasn't this one mentioned when I compiled the ticker list!, lol.
    Not sure if you are speaking of BIEL but if so it is one I just recently became aware of. I am no expert but looking good to me , that is why I threw it out here for the more experienced like yourself to have a look and see what you think.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-12-2009, 02:03 PM #233
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    it would be irresponsible of me not to mention this. but it appears a deathcross is approaching for QASP. its when the 50 dma crosses below the 200 dma. the meaning behind it is the uptrend is over and a big downtrend may be looming.

I AM STILL LONG 500K shares at an avg of .024. i am not trying to stir a panic but i feel responsible mentioning it. i dont know what to do. Bill, Dave, anyone please offer an opinion. IMO if the acquisition pr doesnt come out or there is a bad news pr i think we may see below .010. i am not adding, i wouldnt recommend adding or creating a new position to anyone on this board. i may start shaving soon starting at break even.

although i havent pumped much on other boards, it doesnt mean i will not do it. i just wont pump here.

anyone holding a position here please comment on your thoughts.
    Bass, thank you so much for sharing your feelings on this one. I will certainly keep an eye on my position which I just opened this past week.

One of the great things about this board is that members act responsibly. When someone brings positive news it's great. But, it is just as important to share negative news and feelings also. Thanks again Bass!

Mentor
    09-12-2009, 03:00 PM #234
    Oh yeah, the one piece of SIRI news my buddy told me that I think is really important though is the 0.42 mark that Mel has on his options, lol. That's the kind of news I like to hear.

Guru
    09-12-2009, 03:28 PM #235

spng washed truck

Washed my truck again just now and the sponge is holding up amazingly...

its my 4th time using the car wash sponge and its working as good as the first time, i bet i can get more than 8 washes out of it...truck is shining nice

did you guys check out the link i posted from the 2004 products? kinda funny to see how far they have come in 5 years, gives a lot of support to how much farther they are going to go.

The best thing i like is it doesn't get dirty.. I have a brush that i use to clean the tires and the wheel well and its black and won't clean up. As soon as i apply water to the sponge the dirt washes right off...pretty cool.

check this out, i wonder if this is really spongetech, it says sponge-tech WIPES.. this could be a cool product, wipes made from the same or similar material, fully disposable, they say their product is recyclable too..

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentor
    09-12-2009, 03:50 PM #236
    sorry to be stirring up trouble, but its important to express feelings.

ive posted before this is my big play, im sticking with it . just have to let others aware of my observations.

ive been bothered by the death cross since i noticed it last night. i also looked at the weekly charts and IMO it is extremely bullish. the 20 sma and the 50 sma are rising. the 20 has just met the 200 and the 50 is on its way there. this is a golden cross the polar opposite of a death cross. and a bullish pennant has formed as well. since its big rise from the trip zero's in march this stock has held most of its gains. it means people believe in this and the company is for real. its tough to see which pattern wins out. the company will decide this fate.

just observations. but the reality is this : if we dont get the acquisitions done , there will be a huge sell off and loss of value for this stock. if we do get the acquisitions done it will be a huge payday for me and others here. that is a fact. i dont believe the acquisitions are baked in to the price because once that particular deal is announced the stock at its current price is wayyyyy undervalued. we're looking at a .25- .50 rise in the very least just on value, nevermind what momo can add on top of that.

dave thanx for your opinion. i realize you dont depend on certain indicators in penny stocks. i respect your view. i am still learning T/A
    and this is all part of my education and hoping to open other investors eyes to different translations.

i dont want people to think im flip flopping. im just post observations on both sides of the spectrum. this is only one point of view.i am long and still playing this one for a free bentley continental gt convertible.

Enthusiast
    09-12-2009, 04:14 PM #237
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    sorry to be stirring up trouble, but its important to express feelings.

ive posted before this is my big play, im sticking with it . just have to let others aware of my observations.

ive been bothered by the death cross since i noticed it last night. i also looked at the weekly charts and IMO it is extremely bullish. the 20 sma and the 50 sma are rising. the 20 has just met the 200 and the 50 is on its way there. this is a golden cross the polar opposite of a death cross. and a bullish pennant has formed as well. since its big rise from the trip zero's in march this stock has held most of its gains. it means people believe in this and the company is for real. its tough to see which pattern wins out. the company will decide this fate.

just observations. but the reality is this : if we dont get the acquisitions done , there will be a huge sell off and loss of value for this stock. if we do get the acquisitions done it will be a huge payday for me and others here. that is a fact. i dont believe the acquisitions are baked in to the price because once that particular deal is announced the stock at its current price is wayyyyy undervalued. we're looking at a .25- .50 rise in the very least just on value, nevermind what momo can add on top of that.

dave thanx for your opinion. i realize you dont depend on certain indicators in penny stocks. i respect your view. i am still learning T/A
    and this is all part of my education and hoping to open other investors eyes to different translations.

i dont want people to think im flip flopping. im just post observations on both sides of the spectrum. this is only one point of view.i am long and still playing this one for a free bentley continental gt convertible.
    Hey Bass...you're my new hero man! I've been studying your posts for some time, but hit the jackpot today when you posted about your goal is a Bentley...MY FAVORITE CAR! Have you checked out the new 2011 Bentley Mulsanne?? It replaces the Arnage series and just might make you change your mind about that convertible.

Check it out.http://www.mulsanne.bentleymotors.com/

My goal is for BCLE to pay my mortgage off and BEHL to pay for my Bentley Mulsanne when it comes to America is the spring of 2011!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Enthusiast
    09-12-2009, 04:23 PM #238
    I've been up all night - I tried to sleep, but just came back into work.

Regarding Bass's comment on the death cross - for the pennies, I don't worry about it. I posted a longwinded reason why... but can do so briefly - the golden/death crosses are more important to big board stocks, and not in the sense of the individual stocks, but rather the indices, as by definition, the moving averages of the indices can't move upward unless the price action of more than 50% of the stocks is moving upward, likewise for downward, once the averages are in unison, 75% of the stocks should be moving in that direction. That's why you tip the odds in your favor by going with the flow on those.

In the penny case, everything is compressed in time, and pr's come out in different frequencies - compare BEHL and MGLG. Since there is no index, since these are independent, you can only use the stock, and for each stock, these events aren't correlated enough and too short in time to make those averages useful. That's my take. I cut my indicator periods in half, to just get them to match moves since they were noise before... so if you want to play moving averages, we can backtest a handful of stocks, and see if we can come up with some happy medium - ie. make some penny golden/death crosses.

Regarding TA, fundamentals, .etc. It all depends on how each individual trades. You are correct in that pennies will need a different set of factors - ie. that's why I shortened the indicators and believe them less. But, before we go into that, we just have to take the collective parts of what each contributes and develop our own individual trading strategies. I for one, will not average down (we'll at least not more than once, but the first buy has to be very small), or buy into something that has some serious downside on high volume. I cringe when I hear some of the others do that, but they have a completely different trading style than I do, and I respect that. They do know way more about the news and such, and have a better feel for speculation than I do.

Regarding how the TA fits with the news - I still have a question that I haven't followed up on myself... as, a second thing I'm trying to watch, or started watching a while back with SIRI (going into another side thought) is also watching the TA with bulletin board comments.. but back to my question...

Does anyone know if the mention (PR) of the signing of the acquistions precede, were released on, or followed the second trading day in august?

It's the first high volume day following the first run up.

I'm just curious, as we can all learn from this.. as I poke around the boards, seems like some folks are holding on until the signing, but if that news was on that day, or preceded that day, we could have had our run up.

Regarding the elliot waves and such. I myself don't trade too much on these, I mainly, as stated before, look for support and resistance first, then patterns, then things like candles, then indicators... it helps if I know some fundamentals. I also have only been trading pennies since I made that first mistake trade with BEHL, so I'm learning.

While it does look a little grim - I noticed a few things... maybe I'll post a chart... hang on...

tick tick...

presto:

Oh yeah, the aug candle is under the "c".

First off, this is an alternative EW count, but it doesn't effect the present action.. usually, you use elliot waves for speed of moves, not particularly for targets, etc. and I have less faith in them on the pennies, than I do indices, but they appear to work for some of our stocks... so I'll keep trying to add them in... but back to what I was looking at:

I marked a few lines.

First off on the volume. I took a closer look after reading Bass's post. Sometimes, after getting into a position, my attention starts to decrease, unless someone asks something about it. I don't go into pennies with big money, and won't up my stakes until I've played them for some time... so that's another reason. Man, I'm tired, I'm just rambling. Too the point - I looked at the volume. Since we hit the Big 2, and made the new "1" rally... the volume has jacked up tremendously... see the blue lines on the volume. That tells me we have a lot more money riding after that second trading day of august, or a hell of a lot more investors.

That said, I marked some support and resistance lines on that day (but around the open and close, since they are a little more significant), as well as the next big volume day. These days represent the most shares traded, so most decisions will be made around the ends of these two candles.

You can see the prices since have bounced to the fraction of the penny between them.

So, as of this weekend, we are in the most neutral zone... which does make me a little uncomfortable, but I do like the fact that the price has previously bounced off of the solid redline - meaning, it has stayed above the prices of the new entrants/money into the game, so if we do get a run, I think it should at least match the previous.

Now as far as I'm concerned, the folks that like to buy low, I wouldn't buy any lower than that dashed redline... that's the losing point for the new money, then unless you have some decent speculative info, you will be among the guys averaging down and hoping the price will come up, and they will likely already be heavily vested, so it'll be harder to move the price (my humble opinion). Me, I'm not buying any more, since I prefer to average up, and that won't be until it's above the dashed green line and appears to have some volume associated with it. In fact, I'll likely stop myself out, if awake, if it crosses the solid red line again, or closes below it.

Disclaimer and such - I"ve been reading one of Schwager's books, it's interviews from master traders... each one has their own style.. a common recurring theme is money management, but not always, a second and the most predominant theme is they learned their own style well, and didn't listen to others when it came to when/where to buy and sell, they learned it on their own, made their own trading plans, and stuck with them with absolute discipline until they tested enough to figure out a winnable method. In later down years, they reevaluated, and refined, or came up with new methods. I mention this, because if you are a speculative trader, you shouldn't get spooked by TA guys, and vice versa. Learn your style - are you an investor or a trader, short term or long term, .etc? Learn one first.

This thread is excellent, in that we have traders/investors of all types, so you can learn a bunch, and its not about who should be trading how, and arguing about which way to do it, and rubbing it in each other's face when one of us gets it wrong. That's what I like about it anyway.

Oh yes, yes for the pennies, PR's make the price move, but you get extra oomph from TA players that don't even follow the stock too... ie. there are guys who just look for unusual price/volume action on a universe of stocks, so they'll come in, maybe see what the PR was about, and play for one run. So there is energy from folks that don't read the PR's. I personally do not follow SIRI news, the siribuzz thread, etc. I do have a friend that fills me in on the news, but I really don't use if for trading decisions. But when I buy, it makes the price go up, and when I sell, it makes the price go down. I just look at the charts, and listen to the SIRI radio in my truck, and look around to see if people are subscribing to it. Ahh - the one thing I do do, is look for the earnings dates, and also see if the company is making money... most of the time (sometimes I don't). So in trading it's a mixed bag... one of the great traders I read about, said, at the end of the day, stock prices are 100% perception.
    Hey Dave, an excellent tutorial. I'm always like "whoa...where did this guy learn all this stuff", but you provide the answer...you read, study, and learn from mistakes. Thanks!

Guru
    09-12-2009, 08:05 PM #239
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    My goal is for BCLE to pay my mortgage off and BEHL to pay for my Bentley Mulsanne when it comes to America is the spring of 2011!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.
    spng is going to pay off 2 credit cards a college tuition and then im going to retire in hawaii, if im lucky im just going to leave my house, cars and clothes behind and just start from scratch when i get to hawaii....

is there a lamborghini dealership on the island?

09-12-2009, 11:57 PM #240
    Oh yeah, going on a cruise for a week, supposedly I have wifi.. .If I don't send another message by 9 pm tonight saying I set a bunch of stops, remind me!
    Did you get those stops set!?