Page 13 of 26 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Enthusiast
    09-08-2009, 04:34 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Quote of the day!
    Don't encourage me...I'll keep you guys in stitches...especially on days like today. Who woulda thunk it. After all the hype this weekend and good pr's last week, several good stocks got stuck today.

BCLE, IFSL, BEHL...nothing skyrocketed. Eh, tomorrow is another day!

09-08-2009, 04:59 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Don't encourage me...I'll keep you guys in stitches...especially on days like today. Who woulda thunk it. After all the hype this weekend and good pr's last week, several good stocks got stuck today.

BCLE, IFSL, BEHL...nothing skyrocketed. Eh, tomorrow is another day!
    I know, maybe they shoulda released the pr's today and the effect may have been better? Except for spng, the day started fantastic for bcle and behl, then the fizzle. Qasp didn't go crazy, it just held it's own and slowly finished green. I wouldn't have thunk it.

09-08-2009, 05:01 PM #123
    Just opened up a margin account with Scottrade to be ready for use on Friday. AAAHHH freedom from the 3 day settlements! I plan on doing a lot more active trading in my accounts now and hopefully making some lucrative moves in and out of stocks. $$$

I have a decent investment in SPNG. My plan is to wait for the 10k and sell around that time. I do not want to bother with the r/s until the stock has settled down.

Addict
    09-08-2009, 06:46 PM #124
    Dr Dave,
    If you do a bunch of your TA tonight, could you please do a bit on BEHL? I'm already in, but I think the group could benefit from it.

Guru
    09-08-2009, 07:34 PM #125
    http://www.pennystocksblog.net/2009/...llcapvoicecom/Cobra Oil & Gas Company (OTC BB: CGCA)

Cobra Oil & Gas Company is pleased to notify an approval by the Obama administration for a pipeline to carry oil-sands fuel from Canada into the U.S., sending a positive economic signal in a difficult economic period. The pipeline will amass 1000 miles and is designed to carry up to 800,000 barrels of fuel a day from Canada’s vast oil sands.

Enbridge Energy will take on the building of the pipeline as the U.S. aims to diversify oil supplies coming into the country and increase crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer while shortening the transportation path for crude oil supplies.

“As the United States looks for more diverse oil supplies for domestic use, the Oil Sands will consequently gain importance,” stated Max Pozzoni, Cobra’s President. “The enormous oil sands potential within North America will help diminish the reliance on overseas oil.”

Cobra is currently finalizing the purchase of 40% contract interest on 23 Federal Leases covering 33,632 acres within the P.R. Spring deposit in Uintah County, Utah. Adjacent to the Utah oil sands prospect, Cobra also acquired a 37.5% working interest covering 640 acres, along with a 62.5% working interest on 640 additional acres.

Guru
    09-08-2009, 07:37 PM #126
    SpongeTech® Delivery Systems Announces Reverse Stock Split to Move Closer to NASDAQ Listing

SpongeTech® Delivery Systems, Inc. (“SpongeTech”) “The Smarter Sponge™”, (OTCBB: SPNG) today announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously approved a reverse split of SpongeTech®’s issued and outstanding capital stock at a 1-for-100 split ratio. The reverse stock split, which is expected to take effect on September 22, 2009, subject to receipt of necessary regulatory approvals, has also been approved by the holders of more than a majority of SpongeTech’s voting capital stock.

The same 1-for-100 reverse stock split ratio will be used to effect the reverse stock split of SpongeTech®’s issued and outstanding common stock, Class B Stock and preferred stock. Accordingly, all stockholders will be affected proportionately.

“This reverse stock split – which we believe will bring our company’s Wall Street profile in synch with our business profile – is another important step in the development of SpongeTech,” said CEO Michael Metter. “Combined with our recent engagement of Deloitte Touche LLP as our public accountants and our plan to apply for a NASDAQ listing, the reverse stock split demonstrates our commitment to establishing SpongeTech as a world-class company whose capital structure, operations and infrastructure all match the impressive sales growth we are achieving.

“We continue to expand our product portfolio, licensing agreements, and sales and marketing programs, and are very excited about the record-breaking order flow these efforts are producing. Our July 2009 acquisition of Dicon Technologies, a recognized product innovator with exceptional R&D capabilities, established distribution channels in the U.S. and Asia, and many large, direct commercial customers, perfectly positions us to leverage the many exceptional opportunities in our targeted marketplace. We’re committed both to building SpongeTech into a global player and building shareholder value, and this step will help us realize each of these goals.” Full Article

If you are unfamiliar with a 1 for 100 reverse stock split, the shares outstanding decrease by 100 while the stock price increases by 100. Instead of SPNG trading at $0.20, it would be trading at $20 per share with 100 times less shares. This reverse split will allow spng to apply for a listing on the Nasdaq.

Guru
    09-08-2009, 08:08 PM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Was there any indication that this rs was coming before this morning? I thought I had done some decent research and bought the stock on a nice dip friday. Then they announce an RS the next day? Crap.
    holy sht no...today was supposed to be the glory day the 10k came out and made everyone thousandaires...

that day is still coming, when the 10k comes out it will gain back, no need to worry...im still all in

I believe there is bigger news coming and the timing is working correctly for it...

just like sirius did, get anything bad out before the good stuff, although the RS is actually good long term, getting on the nasdaq is good

Guru
    09-08-2009, 08:11 PM #128
    by the way, RS news aside...spng is still trading on early 09 numbers and they are already in q2 of 2010

the 10k will come out, the RS will happen and then in october q1 2010 will come out....all within weeks of eachother

how long does it take to make it on the nasdaq once you apply and meet all the criteria, could that happen the day of the RS?

Enthusiast
    09-08-2009, 09:43 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    I know, maybe they shoulda released the pr's today and the effect may have been better? Except for spng, the day started fantastic for bcle and behl, then the fizzle. Qasp didn't go crazy, it just held it's own and slowly finished green. I wouldn't have thunk it.
    Yeah ATM, in hindsight, today woulda been the better PR release date. Everybody back to work and focused. Whatchagonnado, right?

Tell me, in your opinion, is now a good time to get into QASP or should I wait to hear when they will be closing on their 4 acquisitions?

Had a buy in GTC @ .0195 last Friday but it hicupped up and got away from me.

09-08-2009, 10:35 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Yeah ATM, in hindsight, today woulda been the better PR release date. Everybody back to work and focused. Whatchagonnado, right?

Tell me, in your opinion, is now a good time to get into QASP or should I wait to hear when they will be closing on their 4 acquisitions?

Had a buy in GTC @ .0195 last Friday but it hicupped up and got away from me.
    considering I got in @.038 I'd say below .02 sounds good but who knows if it's going to get back there???? I'm not a chart reader but some T/A might be in order to set an entry point, maybe Dave can work some magic if he gets a chance. As Bill has pointed out this is a real company with alot of upside and has been veryactive acquiring other smaller companies to grow thier business. As long as the reasoning for postponing the recent acquisitions is real, then one should not get burned getting in now around .025, JMO. I am a newbie when it comes to investing working on a big learning curve here so please DOYDD. Good Luck!!

Page 13 of 26 ... 3111213141523 ...