Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 256

Thread: Market Watch for week of 9/8/2009

  1. #101
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Quote of the day!
    Bump +1 That was right up our alley, lol!

  2. #102
    bassmaster is offline
    Mentor
    bassmaster's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I actually purchased $2k worth of SPNG on Friday, I am an idiot. If you want to make money in this market do the EXACT opposite of what I do.
    let me know when you're gonna buy qasp . ill be sure to sell. tyia for the headsup

  3. #103
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I actually purchased $2k worth of SPNG on Friday, I am an idiot. If you want to make money in this market do the EXACT opposite of what I do.
    Thanks for the headsup Charles!!!

  4. #104
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I actually purchased $2k worth of SPNG on Friday, I am an idiot. If you want to make money in this market do the EXACT opposite of what I do.
    Hey Chuck,

    I know it is difficult, but don't feel bad. We all have a bad sense of timing on some stocks. My timing is always ass backwards also, so don't feel alone.

  5. #105
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,514
    Was there any indication that this rs was coming before this morning? I thought I had done some decent research and bought the stock on a nice dip friday. Then they announce an RS the next day? Crap.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  6. #106
    bassmaster is offline
    Mentor
    bassmaster's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Was there any indication that this rs was coming before this morning? I thought I had done some decent research and bought the stock on a nice dip friday. Then they announce an RS the next day? Crap.
    no, actually the opposite was assumed. a share buyback. and if i read correctly alot more dillution than what people thought. but sponge will be fine. just get through the r/s and i am in.

  7. #107
    ShotsII is offline
    Addict
    ShotsII's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 611
    I'm really liking the visits we're getting from the big boys today (referring to Sir Charles, Tyler, et al). Are you guys always lurking in the shadows or is this your way of celebrating te 3 day weekend? In any case, come back and give us your thoughts more often.

  8. #108
    GoHerdGreg is offline
    Senior Member
    GoHerdGreg's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: WV Posts: 314
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Was there any indication that this rs was coming before this morning? I thought I had done some decent research and bought the stock on a nice dip friday. Then they announce an RS the next day? Crap.

    Charles, I took a loss on MGLG last week. So, don't feel like you're alone in terms of making bad decisions. All of us in here do, on occasion.

    It's not like we make money *all* the time in here.

    Just most of the time.

  9. #109
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    no, actually the opposite was assumed. a share buyback. and if i read correctly alot more dillution than what people thought. but sponge will be fine. just get through the r/s and i am in.
    I just logged into my amertrade account and got the best news ever. My order never filled on friday and instead executed at .17 at open this morning. I guess its not the best news ever (as the order could have expired) but, at least I picked up shares at .17 rather than .19+

    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    I'm really liking the visits we're getting from the big boys today (referring to Sir Charles, Tyler, et al). Are you guys always lurking in the shadows or is this your way of celebrating te 3 day weekend? In any case, come back and give us your thoughts more often.
    I typically lurk when I dont have time to participate. I am here everyday but have recently taken time off from posting because of some health issues and more recently, some home remodeling.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  10. #110
    atmgeek1 is offline
    Senior Member
    atmgeek1's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2009 Location: Baltimore Posts: 303
    I thought that bcle was just consolidating and the dip would be brief. Does anyone have any insight to what's happening today? Did the consolidation trigger some sells or panic people into taking profits? I didnt see this happening today and I hope it doesn't put a damper on what I thought would be a good week.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •