Page 1 of 3 123
    09-07-2009, 12:24 PM #1

Delete this "loser member"

It seems this forum has been spamed. I hope you have already deleted the member named "Creemnend". If not please do so post haste; along with his/her spam.

Thanks,
    FastFrankie

Head Honcho
    09-07-2009, 01:49 PM #2
    we are working on the issue
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    09-07-2009, 08:55 PM #3
    ....All set
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    09-08-2009, 10:21 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrankie View Post
    It seems this forum has been spamed. I hope you have already deleted the member named "Creemnend". If not please do so post haste; along with his/her spam.

Thanks,
    FastFrankie

I dont understand why this keeps happening, I gave Charles an easy fix to the problem.

Hey Charles that was at least a month and a half ago. How long does it take to put it into effect. I mean really this should have been done weeks ago, it was so easy. I gave you a great idea to take care of this, it was so simple to do. I just dont know why it has taken so long to put into place.

Where there things I just dont understand and that something that seems so simple to me are really not so simple. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Head Honcho
    09-08-2009, 11:45 AM #5
    Can you refresh my memory? If it were a simple good idea, I doubt I would have blown it off.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    09-08-2009, 12:18 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Can you refresh my memory? If it were a simple good idea, I doubt I would have blown it off.

It was the last time you had these kinds of threads started. If you recall I said I cant believe it would not be easy enough to set up a simple program that does not let a single name person start a same name thread in each of the different forums. That there at least cant be an alert sent to you when it happens.

Head Honcho
    09-08-2009, 12:46 PM #7
    There are all kind of options like this built into the forum software (its the best out there and has been around for as long as I can remember) the problem is you run the risk of penalizing real people. I could setup the forum to not allow anyone to start a thread before x amount of days or before they have made x number of replies but, then I run the risk of aggravating newly registered members for something that only happens once in a great while and is squashed in a matter of minutes sometimes and never more than a few hours other times. There is also an "alert" icon next to ever person on every post where anyone in the forum can report an offensive or spam post, clicking that icon alerts me immediately but it is rarely used.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    09-08-2009, 01:26 PM #8
    First that is not what I talked about. What I talked about was a program that made it impossible to post the same name thread by the same name poster on every forum location on your site. That would then not penalizing real people because real people do not post the same name thread in each forum location.

I can see that you think your present hurdels are enough, I believe you could do better though by doing something so simple. I just dont understand why you will not do something so simple to make your site so much better. I just dont get why you have not done what I suggested before sooner. I dont think it is that hard and it would make your site alot better.

P.S. Just a lesson in what I was talking about before when people try to say things like why doesn't SIRIXM do this or that, these things are so simple. For the same reason you never did what I suggested you do to solve your spam problem, you have your reasons for not doing them whatever they are they make total sense to you but not to me. I will respect your reasoning behind your decision, as you should SIRIXM behind theirs.

Mentor
    09-08-2009, 01:34 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    First that is not what I talked about. What I talked about was a program that made it impossible to post the same name thread by the same name poster on every forum location on your site. That would then not penalizing real people because real people do not post the same name thread in each forum location.

I can see that you think your present hurdels are enough, I believe you could do better though by doing something so simple. I just dont understand why you will not do something so simple to make your site so much better. I just dont get why you have not done what I suggested before sooner. I dont think it is that hard and it would make your site alot better.

P.S. Just a lesson in what I was talking about before when people try to say things like why doesn't SIRIXM do this or that, these things are so simple. For the same reason you never did what I suggested you do to solve your spam problem, you have your reasons for not doing them whatever they are they make total sense to you but not to me. I will respect your reasoning behind your decision, as you should SIRIXM behind theirs.
    LMAO,you bastard,Charles you have to admit he got you....

Guru
    09-08-2009, 01:46 PM #10
    I tried to get Charles to bit a month and a half ago but he never did. That was ok though, as you can see I am patient.

Page 1 of 3 123