12-08-2007, 03:13 PM #1

Signal problems

Long waits to acquire a signal and then only short periods of signal making it to our amplifier. The Audiovox screen shows normal signal strength bars and streaming program information. Prieviously the infrequent outages would be indicated by the "acquiring signal" notice or by the strength bars dropping to lowest. This is happening on Saturday, December 8.

Anyone else having problems?

12-08-2007, 09:29 PM #2
    Talked to Sirius customer service. The guy decided it was definatly the antenna. Would have had Audiovox or someone sell me another, but couldn't figure out if the plugs were compatable.

I took the control unit to our houseboat where we have a cradle and newer antenna. Same symptons. A kid at the local TV and stereo shop thought a new "modern" reciever was needed.

What fixed it was on-line ordering another indenticle Audiovox (four years old and discontinued) from Amazon. Now the unit works just fine. I guess we'll have a spare now.

Head Honcho
    12-09-2007, 02:32 PM #3

glad you found a fix

If you run into such issues in the future, give TSS radio a call. They carry a lot of accessories, and know Sirius hardware quite well.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder