Page 1 of 2 12
    09-04-2009, 05:29 PM #1

Cutting Cigarette Lighter Adapter ?

Does anyone know which wire of the two is the positive?
    Or if you know which one is the negative I can figure the rest out.
    Thanks.

Head Honcho
    09-04-2009, 08:22 PM #2
    That was funny.

For real though, you can get a small line tester at your local auto parts store for a couple of bucks to be sure. Or better yet, a new wire that goes from your unit to your fuse box if you are looking to hardwire.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-05-2009, 12:18 PM #3
    Well I cut the plug off and out of curiosity I looked inside the plug. There is a tiny board with diode's and resister's attatched. The instructions clearly state that using other method's may damage the unit. So I'm going to purchase the hard wire kit SIR-PVK1 to install properly.
    By the way I'm installing the Sirius onto my BMW motorcycle and need to run the wires from the handle bars to the rear seat area to a fuse panel.

Head Honcho
    09-06-2009, 05:13 PM #4
    You have to come back an post some pics in the installation forum when you are done. I wish I had stereo system on my road king but my bike doesnt lend itself well to that kind of thing.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-12-2009, 01:07 PM #5
    Just about there,had to order another plug. Wired a plug socket in yesterday. Removed all the body work to run the wiring the length of the bike. Bought an antenna with a 12" lead instead of coiling up the 21 feet of antenna wire (looked like hell). I'll post pics when I'm finished.

09-14-2009, 09:31 PM #6

Stiletto 2 motorcycle mounting

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You have to come back an post some pics in the installation forum when you are done. I wish I had stereo system on my road king but my bike doesnt lend itself well to that kind of thing.
    My ride is a FatBoy and I've received accolades for the Stiletto 2 system I put together from several online sources. I purchased the handlebar chrome satellite/gps mount and ultratilt from an outfit called LeaderMotorcycle.com (http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/PROD/ED-CH-SAT.html). I used the Sirius automobile cradle kit and combined it with the small motorcycle antenna mount and motorcycle antenna that is sold as part of the Siruis Motorcycle Mount Kit from tss-radio.com (http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-for-...593322606922d0). I had my local Harley dealer install the automobile wiring up and under the tank, placed the antenna mount on the clutch handlebar, and ran the headset wiring to under the riders seat where I use a simple stereo plug splitter so my wife or passenger can plug in and listen to Sirius, too. The whole thing comes off in a snap to take into into a restaurant or hotel at night.

10-19-2009, 04:07 AM #7
    Sorry for the delay kids. Here's the finished product.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Head Honcho
    10-19-2009, 10:58 AM #8
    Well done. Does that thing have speakers or are you going to hook into it with headphones inside your helmet? I have never had a bike with built in speakers... can you really hear the music when you're riding with the engine noise and wind?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-19-2009, 01:02 PM #9

Head Honcho
    10-19-2009, 02:11 PM #10
    Do you ever worry about not being able to hear traffic around you? Ever have any close calls?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 2 12