Page 1 of 60 1231151 ...
    Guru
    08-23-2009, 09:58 PM #1

Market Watch for Week of 8/24/2009

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a huge week and there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-23-2009 at 10:06 PM.

08-23-2009, 10:30 PM #2
    Has anyone been playing MESA? I think it may have some legs left, and may be worth a quick trade

Guru
    08-24-2009, 12:06 AM #3

Re-post QASP T/A

Most indicators are saying that everything is still positive, but barely, The white spinning top is barely positive and shows complete indecision between the bulls and the bears. With news coming out and the press increasing on Qasp, it could start to shoot up about any time. It will be an interesting week with this stock by Friday for sure.

This second chart: It has gone up approximately 45% since its last resistance.

It has gone up approximately 70% since its last real low of .01, so the stock is heading North and hopefully we will get some leaps and gains.

Last edited by billhart22; 08-24-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Guru
    08-24-2009, 12:50 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    Has anyone been playing MESA? I think it may have some legs left, and may be worth a quick trade
    Isn't that the old airlines stock that you have played with for a long time? I am going to look it up.

Mentor
    08-24-2009, 01:06 AM #5
    Bill

All the indicators on qasp look like a go for the near future. When it decides to go, how many days up do you think we will see! i know you have a crystal ball...so gaze into it and tell us what you see!

Mentor
    08-24-2009, 01:07 AM #6
    Still can not get copy/paste to work with my avatar. when I go to paste, all choices are grayed out! Me no understand! And i really want that Emmitt as my avatar!!!!!

Mentor
    08-24-2009, 01:16 AM #7
    Bill

Gotta go...Wife just told me to stop talking to my girlfiends and get off the computer! if she only knew! LMAO

I actually told her...just talking to a couple of guys in construction! Her response...do they do showers! I replied...yes...but the travel cost is prohibitive...went right over her head! Hahahahaha

08-24-2009, 01:16 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Isn't that the old airlines stock that you have played with for a long time? I am going to look it up.
    yeah I think it still has another $.10 left in it

Mentor
    08-24-2009, 01:22 AM #9
    ROMO

Thanks for all of DD on spng this W/E! Plan on picking up somemore as powder clears in my acct!

have a great nite all!

jeff

08-24-2009, 01:39 AM #10
    Hey guys & gal (still waiting to hear or see that if I should pluralize that ladies )

I just wanted to chime in briefly to say thanks for the positive responses and also for the great info.

I've had a chance to go through a lot of the SPNG data - thanks again, Romo (and others) - and must say that I dig it. We're in just under .14.

I'm leaning towards not even looking at it for a while and see what's going on down the road. They seem to be attracting a lot of good mojo...dig it!

QASP: yeah, I bought it because of the deal with the fourth acquisition & increased revenues info.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to keep it. It's not that I don't believe that I'll make money with it. Quite the contrary, I reckon that I could make some decent coin *there*.

Thing is, I'm not really digging it. The data research just isn't *fun* for me.

Beyond the *fun* aspect, I am not seeing how it's going to make so much cash that I'm willing to take more time away from other things to keep on top of it. Point is, the law of diminishing returns have kicked in -already- for me on this puppy. Now, had I purchased pre-penny level...might would be a different story. Alas, I didn't so I'm not.

This being said, I'm setting my sells in @ 04/05/06 --- well, a fraction under the whole for each of my three lots.

I just don't have the bandwidth.

Getting back to SPNG - it makes me smile. So, yeah, I'll stick with it and probably add to the kitty. That is, if the great state of California would ever come off of the golf course or out of their hummer or off of their private planes and send us our damn return that's more than six months late!
    ***I suppose that I shouldn't complain until after I get it - I am a bit peeved that I'm *supposed* to be happy that I didn't get an IOU.

Anyway...

I'm going to do my best to back away from the computer for a while. I know - good luck, right.

Really, I've been a crazed lunatic with Sirius for the pass eight months. Now that I'm not as concerned - I'd like to step back and breathe a bit.

Ramsey

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ...