Page 37 of 48 ... 27353637383947 ...
    09-04-2009, 06:28 AM #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    So with TDA, do you get the full blown TOS with prophet? Can you still get the free trades? I don't day trade, but I make enough short term trades until I can build up enough to stay long, so that would be worth it.
    Well I have never used TOS other than what they give you with TDA, but if this isnt a full blown program, I cannot imagine what the full program would be. I know it does have something called prophet but i cannot figure it out. Would love to have you using it so i can get some questions answered!

09-04-2009, 06:39 AM #362
    By the way if you do decide to go with TDA, I can send you a referral and i think we both get something free. Unless you already have someone to refer you, of course.

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 06:42 AM #363
    Is the TOS interface for TD ameritrade entirely web-based? I tried a PC trading system where you had to download the software to the machine once - cost me $1000 or so in lost trades due to crashes, lol. Was trading some real volatile stocks, so I'm not into trying that again.

Do you like TD ameritrade otherwise? Are there usage fees or anything like etrade used to have.

I've tried about 5 brokerages, so I too am a little tired of shuffling around. I'm looking for web-based traders with a lot of features. I never used the scottrade elite yet, cause the one PC in my office is hit or miss - its the one I lost the $1000 on.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 09-04-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 06:46 AM #364
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    By the way if you do decide to go with TDA, I can send you a referral and i think we both get something free. Unless you already have someone to refer you, of course.
    I'll have to withdraw my funds from zecco first, and I'm actually doing something I rarely do, go on vacation next week. I'll try to get a check sent from zecco before I leave though.

I went online - looks like the deal now is a month of free trades, not 500, but I'll take it!

So TDA is the one you guys were also talking about that will match commissions?

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 06:54 AM #365
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Well I have never used TOS other than what they give you with TDA, but if this isnt a full blown program, I cannot imagine what the full program would be. I know it does have something called prophet but i cannot figure it out. Would love to have you using it so i can get some questions answered!
    LOL, I watched a few TOS tutorials, and I certainly was confused... that's why when I was less busy, I didn't switch over. That and I joined a newsletter service and there was so much to learn on their site on top of that.

09-04-2009, 07:17 AM #366
    Well, I know you download the TOS software to your computer and it is a stand alone program. Of course you have to put your TDA username and password into TOS and then it connects to the TDA server. It automatically pulls your portfolio into TOS and you can do what you want with it from there. So its not web based, but you need the web for trading, obviously.

- I dont know about the commission match

- And no there are no usage fees for any of their tools that I have found.

- And yes I like it a lot, except they wont let me trade options, but im sure that is just my lack of experience and money.

Enthusiast
    09-04-2009, 07:35 AM #367
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    somebody cheer me up. tell me some wins you had with IFSL or ASFX.
    Hey Bass...glad to see your stirring around again. I'm celebrating a win with IFSL. I took about a quarter of my holdings @ .0099 and just sitting tight on the rest. The MM's shook the weak hands out yesterday and apparently the longs are sitting tight till mid Oct. when 3Q numbers are out. The numbers should show a significant cash position, exponential sales growth and significant debt reduction (I think a shrubber is expecting no debt, but I doubt that). I don't have a position in QASP or ASFX.

Other than that, just sitting here laughing with EVFL at 0. Go figure. I'm thinking things should start to pop after labor day. Hoping for a big run up on BCLE and another spike for BEHL and my bank account will be fat and happy!

Hope you continue to improve.

Happy Labor Day to all....

09-04-2009, 08:04 AM #368
    I was lucky enough to get them to give me $5 commission...I'm not sure if it was a one time thing or not but I think its worth a try. I told them my other broker was $4.50, I make a lot of trades, and my friend was involved in their $5 program and I would make them my primary(praised their tools, debit card, basic ass kissing) if I could get my trades at least $5...they gave it to me.

09-04-2009, 08:14 AM #369
    Those in BCLE...check the spoke postings about them hiring StockStars.net for promotion. I think they are really trying to get the share price to move which is something good for us(finally)

Addict
    09-04-2009, 08:49 AM #370
    Lois like a gap up for BEHL but will it hold? Will continue to run up after the open?
    And will SPNG hold at .20 or drop beneath?

Only time will tell. And yes I'll day it again...

God I love stocks!

Good morning team.

Page 37 of 48 ... 27353637383947 ...