Page 36 of 48 ... 26343536373846 ...
    Guru
    09-04-2009, 12:10 AM #351
    There, I got MGLG fixed...it is not a tragedy. I has a lot of muscle left! (Just my opinion, but I agree with Bass...don't average down...if it is going to happen, then it will happen. They will have to make it happen to survive. There will be more runs). Other than that, I know nothing.

Just keep your antennae up for a R/S...check the spoke often and sort the shit out there...you can tell what is good or bad news and not just opinions. You don't want to get caught in a R/S, if at all possible...so keep your eyes and ears really open. Ask questions here if in doubt....we may not have the answers, but we will try. We don't want to see anybody lose money. Sometimes it is really hard and strategic work. A person can never win them all though, but we will play it to the end of game....speaking of which...the Broncos beat the Cardinals tonight...but with our third string quarterback..Brandenstater...who is he? A quarterback for three years at Fresno State. What, that public school? I don't know anything about him, except that he played better than Ortman or Simms.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by billhart22; 09-04-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 12:54 AM #352
    Bill

What the hell happened to Ray! havn't heard from him since just after the crash of BEHL! Must have felt pretty good to be a millionaire for a couple of days!

Will email you something if I can find it on Youtube. Can you say new a$$hole!

Guru
    09-04-2009, 01:02 AM #353
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

What the hell happened to Ray! havn't heard from him since just after the crash of BEHL! Must have felt pretty good to be a millionaire for a couple of days!

Will email you something if I can find it on Youtube. Can you say new a$$hole!
    I will reply in a private PM and answer that question to the best of my ability. Posting to you now.

09-04-2009, 01:17 AM #354
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Maybe I will do it here in the near future....500 free trades for the 1st month. That is laughable for me...but nice to have! I will have to get together with you so I can get a list of what to get out of them for free. Zecco did have a charge for pennies...it was buried in small print, but they did and I believe it was higher than Scottrade..I checked tonight and cannot find it. Do you absolutely know if they charge a fee for pennies?

I am just trying to piece this together. I don't want to be doing this all again and again...You know...

I appreciate it!
    I'm 99% sure zecco is just $4.50 a trade reguardless of if its a penny stock. I've never used them but they are tempting with their low fees and if you have 25k you get 10 free trades a month. If you really like ST Elite then you would probably be best keeping a little in Scotttrade so you can keep the tools but put most of your money in zecco to trade with. If you like all the bells and whistles TDA with the Think or swim platform is best. The 500 free trades is a ton but I'm using it to just scalp a quick $50 when something on my watchlist is near its low of the day. Trading in a zero-sum game is much easier! here is a quick video of the blackberry app istockmanager for TDA, its a really cool app with live streaming quotes, news, charts, trading, L2 (if you subscribe to it on tda)...its a tda app and they have no account min. requirements so you may be able to just download it without a funded account.
    http://www.istockmanager.com/videos

Guru
    09-04-2009, 01:32 AM #355
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    I'm 99% sure zecco is just $4.50 a trade reguardless of if its a penny stock. I've never used them but they are tempting with their low fees and if you have 25k you get 10 free trades a month. If you really like ST Elite then you would probably be best keeping a little in Scotttrade so you can keep the tools but put most of your money in zecco to trade with. If you like all the bells and whistles TDA with the Think or swim platform is best. The 500 free trades is a ton but I'm using it to just scalp a quick $50 when something on my watchlist is near its low of the day. Trading in a zero-sum game is much easier! here is a quick video of the blackberry app istockmanager for TDA, its a really cool app with live streaming quotes, news, charts, trading, L2 (if you subscribe to it on tda)...its a tda app and they have no account min. requirements so you may be able to just download it without a funded account.
    http://www.istockmanager.com/videos

Honestly, Scottrade doesn't care what amount you have in. You ask them for Elite and they will give it to you. Just keep something in there as an account. All of these online brokers will do the same..it is just software and they want your business. They will all bend. If you are negotiating, then hang up on them...they will call back..they want your comissions. Plain and simple.

Years ago, when brokers were necessary, you had to call or go into their office. You would expect them to stand, while you sat...have a couple of good drinks and then talk about stocks. Those days have changed...we are electronic and they will give software away all day long on the promise of commissions. Don't ever fail to ask for everything that you want!

What a rant, but it is true............

09-04-2009, 01:45 AM #356
    I left Zecco at $4.50 per trade and just moved everything to TD but in my opinion you get what you pay for at zecco. They offer just trading...tools and anything else is extra plus after a trade you have to wait a few days for funds to be available regardless of length of time youve held the stock.

09-04-2009, 02:01 AM #357
    Quote Originally Posted by notwal View Post
    I left Zecco at $4.50 per trade and just moved everything to TD but in my opinion you get what you pay for at zecco. They offer just trading...tools and anything else is extra plus after a trade you have to wait a few days for funds to be available regardless of length of time youve held the stock.

good info, I was not aware of that. Maybe once my free trades run out I can threaten to leave TDA to go to zecco if they don't match the $4.50 commission and see if I can get them to bite.

Bill if you do change and want to keep the elite tools you may need to keep $500 in because Scottrade is one of the few that have a minimum balance, but i'm not sure what the penalty is if it is under $500

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 02:33 AM #358
    Hey Bass -

Yeah, I still have some ASFX - judging from the previous run, and the extreme pop it had, I figured history would repeat, so I dumped 1/2 my shares the day after the big white candle. I was still a little foggy when I woke up, so I missed the opportunity at 0.15, and dumped most of the half at 0.10. It dropped pretty quick, and I didn't have the daily chart up alongside the 5 min chart - big mistake, I would have pulled the trigger a lot quicker. Live and learn.. I ended up making a decent chunk though off that sale, so I kept the other 1/2 in. I've been noticing that when a lot of these pennies pull back, that if they pull back and the consildation is in the upper half of the run, there seems to be a greater likelihood for another - take BEHL for example... now the candles are really small, but that's how it went. I like ASFX too, since it seems like a real business, and I have talked to people that don't trade that are aware of their products, apparently, one of my friends saw someone use the thermometer on TV to cook something.

What price did you get the SIRI options at? I'll plug in some numbers on the calculators to show the decay, but if you got them around 0.10 a piece, they can't go much lower... though, you need a buyer. Trading them long term is something I don't have as much feel for, but I've done it. If you get some runs into that resistance area at 0.70+, I'd take some profits along the way, cause that's a pretty decent chunk of money, and the decay later will run much faster if the price isn't above $1. $1.08 is the next line above $0.70 that will be tough to clear. So think about taking some off the table if there is a pop above $1. If you can clear getting your original investment out, or most of it, then it'll be worth the risk.

My only fear, relating to your comment on the double dip recession, is a big W in the general market. I know a lot on the other board think siri trades its own way, but overlaying its chart with general markets and the sectors it is related to tells me its the same as any listed stock in that respect, so that's about your only concern. Sure there was a lot of shorting, but if it was only shorting that took it down, then the timing wouldn't have been at the exact same time the rest of the market turned over, and it wouldn't have popped back up at the exact same time. They would have done it sooner. That's my opinion.

Anyhoo - my experience is to take profits on options when they are there, unless the amount is something you can stomach going to zero. Do you know what they were worth when the price tapped 0.75? We should have a better guage for where the markets are headed next week. Anyway, if that thing shoots past that $1.08 mark, you'll make a pretty penny, that's for sure!!

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 02:37 AM #359
    I have Zecco, I don't even use it anymore. It had the benefit of having shares of popular stocks to short, as scottrade and such run out quite often, but yeah, I never liked the book keeping, sometimes weird things happen, etc. I actually forgot my password the other day.

So with TDA, do you get the full blown TOS with prophet? Can you still get the free trades? I don't day trade, but I make enough short term trades until I can build up enough to stay long, so that would be worth it.

09-04-2009, 04:38 AM #360
    just doin my daily 4am analysis even tho i don't have any $
    whts up w/ the volume on mpto and spike on aqui?

Page 36 of 48 ... 26343536373846 ...