Page 17 of 24 ... 71516171819 ...
    Addict
    08-26-2009, 12:05 PM #161
    here's some info. Apparently Brandon is at the event and sending pix, and there's some running chat on what's going on.
    http://satwaves.com/blog/

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 12:39 PM #162
    Tyler has it all on the news page,check it out,very cool indeed...

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    08-26-2009, 12:45 PM #163
    Wow! Mel has no "Ace" up his sleeve... Boring... Yay for the new products of course but I thought something "BIG" was going to come out...

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-26-2009, 12:48 PM #164
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Tyler has it all on the news page,check it out,very cool indeed...
    These are indeed new and interesting products that will make SiriusXm much more useful in the home and office.

Nice job Mel!

And thanks Tyler for the excellent coverage and up to the minute delivery of the information.

Now, let's shoot for a strong closing today!!!!

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 12:50 PM #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Wow! Mel has no "Ace" up his sleeve... Boring... Yay for the new products of course but I thought something "BIG" was going to come out...
    Big as in What?
    This is good for X-Mas retail season,we haven't had new real radios for retail in a while,and this sector is what is dragging down the sub numbers,check it out in the 10k's,we have been bleeding 300k subs for a year or more each quarter..

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    08-26-2009, 12:57 PM #166
    Hey Johnny,

I agree with you, these new products will be great for the retail side of things! I guess I was just making it out to be more than it could. I was hoping for something "exciting" I guess and maybe some news on Howard re-signing.

I know I am a bit of a dreamer...

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 01:25 PM #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Hey Johnny,

I agree with you, these new products will be great for the retail side of things! I guess I was just making it out to be more than it could. I was hoping for something "exciting" I guess and maybe some news on Howard re-signing.

I know I am a bit of a dreamer...
    Laughing,i hear ya,we all are....as far as Howard,from what i know he likes to push the envelope on signing deals,so i wouldn't expect anything on re signing till 11:59 pm on last day of his contract,which is in 15 months!!!!!

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 01:53 PM #168
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Johnny - you're crazy. The "street" will have us back into the 50's in no time. It's as if there isn't enough air on Earth to pump this sucker up.
    So far volume, charts, and level 2 say your wrong. Nothing to support this claim?

Addict
    08-26-2009, 01:54 PM #169
    some nice products. I like the internet radio device that can connect to home or office wireless networks. that's cool. skydock is important and will be interesting to see if it lures iPhone folks to satrad. My only problem with all this is the continuing confusion over programming....what you get with what. I know a lot about S-XM, like all here, but to tell you the truth, I'm still confused over 'best of this', best of that, MLB, no MLB, MLB homeplate (sure to confuse and piss off people who think they're getting real MLB), you get Howard, you don't get Howard, works in the car, works wirelessly...no not WIFI....via iPhone...., oh. but now the internet radio works with WIFI.....Arghhhhhhh! etc, etc. Mel.....HELP! confusion in the marketplace is ALWAYS BAD! It hurts sales.

08-26-2009, 02:01 PM #170
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    some nice products. I like the internet radio device that can connect to home or office wireless networks. that's cool. skydock is important and will be interesting to see if it lures iPhone folks to satrad. My only problem with all this is the continuing confusion over programming....what you get with what. I know a lot about S-XM, like all here, but to tell you the truth, I'm still confused over 'best of this', best of that, MLB, no MLB, MLB homeplate (sure to confuse and piss off people who think they're getting real MLB), you get Howard, you don't get Howard, works in the car, works wirelessly...no not WIFI....via iPhone...., oh. but now the internet radio works with WIFI.....Arghhhhhhh! etc, etc. Mel.....HELP! confusion in the marketplace is ALWAYS BAD! It hurts sales.
    Agreed. Simplify. Look at Apple. . .it has just a handful of computers at select pricepoints. Nothing fancy.

Page 17 of 24 ... 71516171819 ...