Page 1 of 24 12311 ...
    08-24-2009, 08:32 AM #1

Sirius Weekly Thread Week of 8-24-2009

Good Morning All

Look, last full week of August here! Summer is over.
    Now that I have depressed myself as well as you...

Premarket high is .76 Hopefully we will have a week
    like last. Not asking for much, 15 cents a week increase
    would bring us over $1 in two weeks. Just in time for Fall.

Enjoy your week!

Julie

Mentor
    08-24-2009, 08:35 AM #2
    ISEG was content to fill buys until .76. Then they slammed it shut there. Probably opens around .75 , .76, trades sideways for a bit on open, and judging by volume, and any buy or sell imbalance on the open, we either test .70 or test .80 at that point. Test of .80 holds, test of .70 holds, IMO. I think thats our range today. If we can close closer to .80, maybe take it out tomorrow.

08-24-2009, 08:51 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    ISEG was content to fill buys until .76. Then they slammed it shut there. Probably opens around .75 , .76, trades sideways for a bit on open, and judging by volume, and any buy or sell imbalance on the open, we either test .70 or test .80 at that point. Test of .80 holds, test of .70 holds, IMO. I think thats our range today. If we can close closer to .80, maybe take it out tomorrow.

Relmor, you took the words right out of my mouth, lol
    But you said it so much better.

Julie

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-24-2009, 09:17 AM #4
    Good morning everyone!

I'm off the bike and back into the office. It was a great ride, wonderful weather, beautiful mountains, and I made it back to the ocean to catch some great waves late Sunday afternoon.

That was one beautiful week of Sirius going up, up, and up some more. The news cycle continues to be positive for us.

There was a lot of talk on here about when to swing trade and when to hold. For me, the swing trades are done for now. I made a fair amount of money over the last three months as SIRI bounced around. But, I think now is a great time to hold on for awhile. I'm looking for us to break the dollar barrier within 10 days. So, it's hold and enjoy for me!

Good luck to everyone today. It's great to be back!

Chuck

08-24-2009, 09:34 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Good morning everyone!

I'm off the bike and back into the office. It was a great ride, wonderful weather, beautiful mountains, and I made it back to the ocean to catch some great waves late Sunday afternoon.

That was one beautiful week of Sirius going up, up, and up some more. The news cycle continues to be positive for us.

There was a lot of talk on here about when to swing trade and when to hold. For me, the swing trades are done for now. I made a fair amount of money over the last three months as SIRI bounced around. But, I think now is a great time to hold on for awhile. I'm looking for us to break the dollar barrier within 10 days. So, it's hold and enjoy for me!

Chuck

Great to see you back Chuck. There must be something about leaving
    for vacation, mine the previous week and now yours, two up weeks.
    Sounds like you had a great week. Back to 'work' for you.
    How's your butt, numb?

Julie

Addict
    08-24-2009, 09:39 AM #6
    Tyler's article explains skydock pretty well. Unfortunately, it seems pretty clear that the skydock won't make iPhone a portable satellite signal receiver, which is no surprise. Of course, if the iPhone app delivered all the content, then that wouldn't be as important. However, while I think it's a positive development, I don't see it as a real game changer as some have said. It's simply a car dock (and probably home dock), the same type of thing sirius xm has been selling for years for their plug & play receivers. Yes, for those who have cars without satrad, they can use one device for many things (iPhone as a cell, iPod, web, and sat rad). That is a good thing, indeed! But....at $99.....not sure it will bring the new subs in at a significant rate. But, worth a try. If not, then lower the price to the 'razor and blades' biz model like the cell phone industry, perhaps providing it free for 2 year contract, or $49 with month to month, etc. JIMHO.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-24-2009, 09:48 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Great to see you back Chuck. There must be something about leaving
    for vacation, mine the previous week and now yours, two up weeks.
    Sounds like you had a great week. Back to 'work' for you.
    How's your butt, numb?

Julie
    Hey Julie, yes, vacation is very good for business. I think we started to maintain this uptrend when Johnny Irish went on vacation.

So, now someone else needs to leave town so we can all profit. Hey, ROMO, it's about time you take a vacation!!!!

And yes, I have BikeButt bigtime. I'm practicing working at my desk on my knees...

08-24-2009, 10:30 AM #8
    Hey Julie, yes, vacation is very good for business. I think we started to maintain this uptrend when Johnny Irish went on vacation.

So, now someone else needs to leave town so we can all profit. Hey, ROMO, it's about time you take a vacation!!!!

And yes, I have BikeButt bigtime. I'm practicing working at my desk on my knees...

How could I forget about Johnny being on vacation. That was a long 9 days.
    I do think it's time for Romo to step up to the plate. We have to make
    sacrifices for the good of all.
    Why not try laying in the sand, it"s easier on your(re) knees.

Julie

08-24-2009, 10:30 AM #9
    Good morning everyone!

Chuck
    I agree, sir -- If it pulls back a little bit this week, don't take small profits. Its siriusly time to hold our positions, and take the opportunity to buy more if it pulls back. Its due for a small correction, but thats technically healthy after a nice run upwards. It will give it the strength it needs to push into the $0.80s. I think if it can get into the 80s we'll see it hit $1 soon after that.

08-24-2009, 10:36 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Lucas_ADP View Post
    I agree, sir -- If it pulls back a little bit this week, don't take small profits. Its siriusly time to hold our positions, and take the opportunity to buy more if it pulls back. Its due for a small correction, but thats technically healthy after a nice run upwards. It will give it the strength it needs to push into the $0.80s. I think if it can get into the 80s we'll see it hit $1 soon after that.

Welcome Jason, to Sirius Buzz!!
    Lots of good people here, with amazing knowledge to share.
    Good to see you posting.

Julie

Page 1 of 24 12311 ...