View Poll Results: Will this slur go unnoticed?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%
    Head Honcho
    11-21-2007, 07:14 PM #1

Will Bubba be reprimanded for racial slur?

In case you just missed it, Bubba just blew up on an Hispanic caller and flat out called him a spic. Is there truly free speech on Sirius Satellite Radio?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-21-2007, 07:16 PM #2
    I can't imagine that this will go unnoticed. Not sure if it should or not.

Damn did they shift gears quick. They went right to break and came back acting like nothing happened at all.

EDIT:

Now he is talking about it...maybe he should have let this one die.
    Last edited by clueless; 11-21-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Mentor
    11-21-2007, 09:24 PM #3
    I doubt it will go unnoticed, and I doubt it will go unpunished.

I didnt hear the peace, and I dont need to. With the merger this close to closing, Mel is going to be trying to cover the companies butt and will punish Bubba... at least publicly. Behind the scenes, he might be telling Bubba not to worry about it and there will be no fines or cut in pay, but publicly, he needs to make a big deal about it because the last thing you want is the FCC jumping in and saying "No merger unless we get to scensor you since you obviously dont want to do it yourself".

Mentor
    11-21-2007, 09:26 PM #4
    BTW: I definately do not care what the shock jocks said. You do not listen to them if you dont want to be "shocked" every once in a while. I am all in favor of free speech, and when a channel is advertised as uncensored, it should remain that way. Im just saying public image is what counts right now and Mel is going to have to do something if the public starts complaining.

Head Honcho
    11-21-2007, 09:43 PM #5
    I could not agree with your last post any more.

You should have heard how it was said and the context it was used in...it really could not have been any worse and blows what Imus did completely out of the water.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-24-2007, 10:50 AM #6
    are you kidding me!!! Don't you get it dummy's sirius is based it self as a censorship free enviroment, Sirius will never reprimand my boy in anyway, why you might they will. I disagree, they r nowhere close. Howard is king and the king is all about no censorship. He'll never let it happen.

Mentor
    11-24-2007, 07:25 PM #7
    He sure didnt seem to mind when Imus got reprimanded. He even said something to the effect of "everyone needs to censor themselves, and that was just plain wrong." Of course, that was not on uncensored radio.

He sure didnt seem to mind when Opie and Anthony got suspended, which WAS on uncensored radio.

And going back to the Imus incident... that was over a racial slur wasnt it? And Bubbas? Hmmmm Racial Slur again.

Again, I am not saying it is RIGHT that he gets in trouble, I am just saying I understand the motivation behind punishing him. The merger will make a lot more money for the company that Bubba ever will.

11-26-2007, 02:39 PM #8
    The worst thing XM did to their subscribers was to suspend O&A. Mel will not make this mistake. Uncensored is uncensored. I don't know what bubble the PC people live in but this kind of street talk goes on everyday and everywhere. It does neither shock or surprise me. I think this will just pass.

11-26-2007, 03:57 PM #9
    I agree and hope you are correct. That has been my biggest argument over the years...this happens everyday in the real world so why is this any different.

The only issue I can see is that this guy is a figurehead for a corporation and not just some guy working on a job site.