Page 54 of 60 ... 4445253545556 ...
    Mentor
    08-28-2009, 01:39 PM #531
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Nice Tib, just don't fall off the couch when you wake up!!! lol. Politically, the day of reckoning is near. I think the general masses are being awakened to the feel of Uncle Sam lifting their wallet outta their back pocket.....at least that's what happening here in the Great State of North Carolina. Our governor just raised taxes on anything that moves and most things that don't. She even tried to sneak in a Surcharge of 2% on the taxes you pay to Uncle Sam...double dipping, can you imagine?

We'll be the next California!
    lol! I was only two sips into my coffee this morning, not far from the floor at all

Nice trick there with the double dip ... sigh ... I think you're right about the day of reckoning, these little town hall meetings could back fire on them ... I have visions of pitch forks and torches ... Wait, maybe I am still dreaming ...

Guru
    08-28-2009, 01:45 PM #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Ive been meaning to ask you...you dont by chance have any relatives here already?..my boss is married to a Hart.

Theres more than enough room for ya up here!!!!
    Thanks for giving everybody my last name, lol! I am going to edit it...No problem. No, not any relatives that I know of......laughing hard. I fixed it.

I don't know if I could get the wife to go for it, but I haven't asked her either. She likes cloudy weather and snow. She almost flew up to Dutch Harbor once to meet me while we were offloading for a couple of days. Then my parents almost met me in Dutch Harbor on an offload. I told them all that it was a gunslingers town and that it might not be too smart. Besides, we worked 16 hours a day when offloading and there isn't much time for entertaining or entertainment. Even we big boys travel together there for support. It is a mighty rough place.

I would like to live in a more civilized location. Anchorage is pretty cool from what I have seen, but I have never been out of the airport there. I used to live in Juneau and I loved that!
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-28-2009 at 01:57 PM.

08-28-2009, 01:51 PM #533
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Thanks for giving everybody my last name, lol! I am going to edit it...lol No, not any relatives that I know of......laughing hard.
    LOL...sorry about that...if they only knew what my last name was....and with 5 kids....I wouldnt hear the end of it!!!!

Anchorage is like any other city in America...heck we even get the occasional drive by...we have a bunch of wannabe's gangsters around here...

Village life can be tough...I moved to Barrow in 78, there were no other asians there before us....I at least had the right skin color...the white folks had it rough....times have changed though...I have many Native relatives....my only grandpa I have ever known is white, born and raised in Michigan....Ok Im getting to personal now...LOL....I have been told I am too nice of a guy....
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 08-28-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Addict
    08-28-2009, 01:54 PM #534
    Thanks for giving everybody my last name, lol! I am going to edit it...lol No, not any relatives that I know of......laughing hard.
    I think you're safe in this forum Bill. Although Ive only let two of you know even my first name (no my parents did not name me Shots), so who am I to talk.

Guru
    08-28-2009, 02:12 PM #535
    LOL...sorry about that...if they only knew what my last name was....and with 5 kids....I wouldnt hear the end of it!!!!

Anchorage is like any other city in America...heck we even get the occasional drive by...we have a bunch of wannabe's gangsters around here...

Village life can be tough...I moved to Barrow in 78, there were no other asians there before us....I at least had the right skin color...the white folks had it rough....times have changed though...I have many Native relatives....my only grandpa I have ever known is white, born and raised in Michigan....Ok Im getting to personal now...LOL....I have been told I am too nice of a guy....
    You are a great guy! Yep, they would get a kick out of your last name. I think it is a cool name.

Wannabe gangsters in Anchorage...geez, what next? You are Asian then...what country? You look Native Alaskan to me. You sure have a beautiful family!
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-28-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Guru
    08-28-2009, 02:15 PM #536
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    I think you're safe in this forum Bill. Although Ive only let two of you know even my first name (no my parents did not name me Shots), so who am I to talk.
    You are probably right...About half this forum and I email each other.

I know your last name. Shotski. Now everybody knows. It isn't a mystery anymore.
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-28-2009 at 02:28 PM.

08-28-2009, 02:30 PM #537
    You are a great guy! Yep, they would get a kick out of your last name. I think it is a cool name.

wannabe gangsters in Anchorage...geez, what next? You are Asian then...what country? You look Native Alaskan to me. You sure have a beautiful family!
    I get that "you look Native" comment alot. I am so in tune with the Alaska Native Culture...I lived it and also work in it.......Im Filipino..born in San Diego (Navy brat) and raised in Barrow.....I think were all decendents of the same people....we just stayed behind...the others crossed over the Bering Land Bridge to Alaska!!! Google it...theres some interesting stuff on it.....The comment about Sarah Palin seeing Russia from her back porch...well you can actually see Russia from there.....LOL

08-28-2009, 02:40 PM #538
    nm i figured it out (excel problem)
    ty

Guru
    08-28-2009, 02:48 PM #539
    I get that "you look Native" comment alot. I am so in tune with the Alaska Native Culture...I lived it and also work in it.......Im Filipino..born in San Diego (Navy brat) and raised in Barrow.....I think were all decendents of the same people....we just stayed behind...the others crossed over the Bering Land Bridge to Alaska!!! Google it...theres some interesting stuff on it.....The comment about Sarah Palin seeing Russia from her back porch...well you can actually see Russia from there.....LOL
    I have read all about that. For instance they say that the American Indians are really Vietnamese. I studied some of that in Anthropology in college. That is all really interesting study.

I have never been as far North in Alaska as you, at least on land. The only thing North of Barrow is water and that would be in just a few feet away. I was a Marine Corps brat.
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-28-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Mentor
    08-28-2009, 03:36 PM #540
    You guy's are cracking me up today!

Had computer issues as well (forgetting now who mentioned the same and BTW - My balances are all jacked up as well ... only because I buy the best quality stocks)

Having the former puter issues, I jumped on a second machine earlier and didn't realize why I couldn't shake this De Javu of how familar it all sounded, then I discovered I was reading Tuesday's postings ... What was that you said about the mental facilites Bill?

No kidding....NITE is running out of shares from what I can ascertain. Here is a post from miggle.

Here you go.

The website should be complete by next week and the share structure will be updated at the end of the month at the latest.

Karen Willoughby
    Investor Relations
    866-365-4724
    Think that got cut off somewhere .. It should read at the bottom,

"June 2009"

Tree, saw that volume as well earlier ... two days in a row ... My, now 443 Mil. and it hasn't tanked yet? ... saw it touch .000000004 earlier (Extra zeros for shrub like emphasis).

The sponges are tracking along nicely, slow and steady ... Good for you guys!

Page 54 of 60 ... 4445253545556 ...