11-14-2007, 03:19 PM #1

Sirius downlink satellite signal intermittent

Notice today (14 November 2007) that my S50 reciever is intermittently receiving all channels. This is regardless of it being installed in my home cradle or automobile cradle.

I called Sirius Customer service. After a bunch of verification questions of who I was, I was told that "Sirius is currently undergoing configuration changes from 14-16 November. The symptom of signal fading in and out is going to be normal during this time frame."

I am suprised that Sirius is not posting a Satellite Status anywhere on their online site.

I joined "Sirius Buzz" hoping to hear from others...if they are experiencing the same issue I am. Why doesn't Sirius post satellite/system status's?

I feel sorry for new subscribers and installers during this time period. They may think they are having problems Vs. it's not really their problem...it's Sirius.

thanks,
    Sir4Life
    Last edited by Lifetime Sirius; 11-14-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Head Honcho
    11-14-2007, 04:33 PM #2
    Thanks for the update.

I haven't noticed anything up here in the Boston area but it might be useful for others to know what might be going on.

I wonder what these "configuration changes" will mean for us once they are done? Improved performance?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    11-14-2007, 09:58 PM #3

I noticed something

I lost signal a few times during about 3 hours of droiving time on my Stiletto. Only a few seconds each time, which struck me as odd, but nothing that generated concern on my part.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

11-16-2007, 09:22 PM #4

Thumbs up

The signal is doing great. Evidently 14 November was the only day I had the problem...the symptom of signal fading in and out every 10 seconds all day has ceased.

I am suprised that Sirius is not posting a Satellite Status anywhere on their online site.

All is good.

11-16-2007, 11:57 PM #5
    I wish they posted it as well. I hate when I get to work and cant sign in to listen online. I don't know if its my IT department or Sirius.

11-28-2007, 04:41 PM #6
    im in san bernardino... no problems here... i almost never run out of batteries from listening to my stiletto100 (i got the standard battery pack, not the slim one so...). there were a few hiccups on the 14th, but that didn't bother me much.