08-18-2009, 09:05 PM #1

Stiletto 2 Question/Issue...

Hey everyone im new here to the forums and have a question regarding the Stiletto 2.
    I went away on vacation and kept my unit at home plugged into the dock and i am assuming that the power to my house cut out at some point during that time and the unit turned back on when the power came on (similar to if the unit is on standby and you connect it to a power source, the unit will turn on), because when i came back home my unit was on and running. Im not sure how many days it had been on for but it was definitely more than 3 or 4 days. My question is this: Is this going to be bad for my unit, could my unit have been damaged from being on for this prolonged time ?...It seems to be running OK but if something were to be affected by this what would it be so i can keep an eye on it? I would figure if it would be anything it would be the battery and maybe the display....What do you guys think? I don't think the performance of the radio itself could have been affected, or at least thats what I'm hoping.

Hopefully everything is good and nothing was affected, any feedback regarding this to put my mind at ease would be really helpful, I tend to worry about little things like this too much.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Enthusiast
    08-19-2009, 12:53 PM #2
    I think you're gonna be just fine. I would just make sure you shut off, not sleep, the unit and turn it back on after 30 seconds or so. Then make sure if you ever go out of town again to leave it turned off and out of a dock.