Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 619

Thread: Market Watch for week of 8/17/2009

  1. #601
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Found it for ya ...

    That is too funny for words! ooooh la la! Go get em big boy!

  2. #602
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    If you actually look at that guy, he looks like Brett Favre!
    Right after he plays the Packers!

    Or is that during ... ?

  3. #603
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Montana, Aikman, Big Ben, Brady the best QB's in modern history. They will/willed their teams to victory...never quit...never count them out!
    The Emmit thing was just too easy JS ... you walked right into my lair while I was farting around with it.

    There are a handful of Cowboy's that I respect and Emmit is definetly one of them.

    You did leave one Elway out of that noble list ...

  4. #604
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Jeff,


    Here you go, I re-sized it for you. All you have to do is copy it and plug it in!


  5. #605
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Right after he plays the Packers!

    Or is that during ... ?
    It is hard to tell...he always looks like that.

  6. #606
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Lol! That's brutal ...


    Like the new avatar as well, but really, this is what it should be ...

    It would be fine if that was a Mad Dog 20/20 bottle covered with a brown paper bag.

  7. #607
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Elway, Montana, Aikman, Big Ben the best QB's in modern history. They will/willed their teams to victory...never quit...never count them out!
    I corrected your quote there for you.

  8. #608
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It is hard to tell...he always looks like that.

    He's getting up there for a football player ... I hope he does well though, admire that he still feels he can go at it, really just that drive to keep going.

    My Tiburones, just had Roenick retire, he was a kick in the pants, great attitude and a bit of a joker, great personality. Pissed he didn't stick it out one more season ... but he said his body had just had it, it's understandable either way.

    I want to go out like my wife's grandpa ... Helped him build my mother-in-laws house that he laid out and just blew me away with his stamina ... He was, I believe 92 at the time! The first day I got up there he had already laid out all the foundation forms, had them ready to pour, by himself! Just unbelievable ... Good ol Vern, taught me a lot in short order on framing and the like, where I had always been more of a finish kind of guy. He died a couple of years later but just busted it right up to the end. Remarkable man.

  9. #609
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    He's getting up there for a football player ... I hope he does well though, admire that he still feels he can go at it, really just that drive to keep going.

    My Tiburones, just had Roenick retire, he was a kick in the pants, great attitude and a bit of a joker, great personality. Pissed he didn't stick it out one more season ... but he said his body had just had it, it's understandable either way.

    I want to go out like my wife's grandpa ... Helped him build my mother-in-laws house that he laid out and just blew me away with his stamina ... He was, I believe 92 at the time! The first day I got up there he had already laid out all the foundation forms, had them ready to pour, by himself! Just unbelievable ... Good ol Vern, taught me a lot in short order on framing and the like, where I had always been more of a finish kind of guy. He died a couple of years later but just busted it right up to the end. Remarkable man.
    Brett is a great player. I have seen him many times. It is amazing how big that guy is in person. He is one of the bigger quarterbacks in the NFL. I hope that he has a good season also. There is a lot to respect about that man. He just can't get football out of his blood.

    Nobody messes with John Elway here in Denver, even in his last years of playing. I never saw anybody run up to him looking for an autograph or anything like that. Denver is a relatively small city and everybody just treated him with a lot of respect. He has always been very public here and visual. I saw a commercial with he and Justin Timberlake today on T.V. and Elway has put on a few pounds....must be that fine whiskey he loves so much!

    It sounds like your wife's grandfather was quite a guy. That is the way that I want to go when the time comes.

  10. #610
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It would be fine if that was a Mad Dog 20/20 bottle covered with a brown paper bag.

    Actualy? I swear I thought it was at first! That's too funny ... Then I remebered the commercial ...

    Ah, good stuff ... Guess we will have to get back to stocks here eventualy.

    Spent some time trying to drum up more info on Mr. Ray (Of Quasar) yesterday, but couldn't get the pieces to come together ... well, I take that back, gave it another shot ... (The guy on the spoke had me curious and sent me off on a hunt ...)

    I believe this is our man here; (It's an old article from 1981, scroll down to the bit on helicopters) -

    http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%200149.html

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •