Guru
    08-23-2009, 01:22 PM #581
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    bill, i like that avatar! clever
    Thanks, I just whipped it up this morning

Guru
    08-23-2009, 01:29 PM #582
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    SPNG product update #2(ROMO had the 1st one)

Car Wash Sponge- worked just as advertised! Very easy to use!

Degreaser Pad- Did a good job...but kinda started to shred alittle bit when scrubbing tires!

Spammy(SPNG shammy) Had to continously keep going over car until all streaks/residue removed! Not my favorite!

Positives

1.very easy to use...no bucket needed!
    2. Sponge suds up alot!
    3. Mamas car looks good(if mama aint happy...nobodys happy)

Negatives

1. Degreaser pad comes apart when scrubbing rough surface!
    2. Spammy needs to be rung out and the car wiped several times to look outstanding!

Overall 1st impression...like it! Would like to see if you get 8 washes out of the sponge!!!!

Mamas happy! I'm happy!!
    thank you for the updates! Very cool to hear you talked to the manager and he said they were selling. I just read this weekend that QVC and walgreens online are sold out!!

I was waiting for somone else to try the sponge before offering a review like yours, great review and 100% my reaction too. That shammy leaves streaks and i recommend throwing it away LOL! I hate shammies anyway and the real product is the sponge.

Ok, moment of truth....look at your degreaser sponge...its not the same sponge thats in the picture is it? I think they ran out of the more sturdy wheel sponges and started packaging them with the dog wash sponges (no kidding look) also, if you watch the qvc video the shammy is totally different too, more like a rubbery look than cloth....

My interpretation is that either 1. they ran out from demand or 2. changed the product.

The main attraction, the car wash sponge rules, its fast and does a great job.

According to the CEO in not so many words is that the car wash product was just a test product and to make some money to develop other products, they are flying off the shelves faster than they anticipated, thats how they ended up buying dicon with cash.

Guru
    08-23-2009, 01:34 PM #583
    oh yeah i did use the chamois a second time and it was a little better you have to rinse it real good and wring it out as you use it...but still i have a squegee that works better.

I have family members that are very interested in the for home and school soap loaded sponges.

and the wife really likes the dog wash sponge, its so much easier than hold the dog and a bottle of soap and trying to make suds
    Last edited by imromo24; 08-23-2009 at 01:48 PM.

08-23-2009, 02:08 PM #584
    [QUOTE=imromo24;48778]That your('re) thing is hilarious everytime....

I know, I crack up too. It's amazing to me how many times I use
    that word. I never realized that before. I won't let that joke go,
    course I really don't want to either.

Thanks for the info on the Blueray. I have a small, in comparison to
    your(re) system, 42" and I have no clue what it is capable of.
    Instruction books are not for the faint hearted. It's as if I am
    reading Greek, even with all the illustrations.

Enjoy you're weekend Romo
    Julie

If you ever get any more pics of Bella dressed, pm me with her pics,
    if you don't feel like posting them.

08-23-2009, 02:17 PM #585
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I love that smoked Salmon so much that I am trying not to eat it all up, lol! Everytime I walk past the refrigerator I end up taking a bite! I am going to try Andy's recipe maybe tomorrow for the Cod. I am a big Cod fan.

But Andy's smoked Salmon is the very very best! The best I have ever eaten!
    Im glad you liked it guys/gals...nothing really special about the jarred smoked salmon...pretty basic brine with a few hours of smoke before being jarred up. My favorite happens to be the Native Traditional style of smoked fish...hung up on a fish rack and smoked fairly dry using alder..kind of like jerky....If I could have built a fish rack in my backyard..I would have done it in a heartbeat.

About a month left of fishing season and the silvers are still coming through, so if I could get one more day out on the water...our catch will be smoked and jarred up...to send another batch out to you folks!!! Just so you know the jarred salmon will last indefinately as long as its not opened yet...and can be stored in your pantry and doesnt need to be refrigerated..

Dr. Dave...your the T/A man again!!!! Looking forward to an exciting week, especially with QASP!!!

All this talk about sponges, Im going to have to go searching for some around time.

We'll Im off to coach my sons football game and after will finish up the fence. See ya guys later!!!

Guru
    08-23-2009, 04:48 PM #586
    Most indicators are saying that everything is still positive, but barely, The white spinning though barely positive shows complete indecision between the bulls and the bears. With news coming out and the press increasing on Qasp, it could start to shoot up about any time. It will be an interesting week with this stock by Friday for sure.

Last edited by billhart22; 08-23-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Mentor
    08-23-2009, 05:12 PM #587
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I have seen all of them. That is exactly what I used to do on the crab boats.
    Did you ever get to throw the hooks to reel the pots in?

Did you get bummed out when they were empty, and all crazy when they were full? I love it when they real in a big pot.

Guru
    08-23-2009, 05:17 PM #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Did you ever get to throw the hooks to reel the pots in?

Did you get bummed out when they were empty, and all crazy when they were full? I love it when they real in a big pot.
    Yep, used to throw the hook. If you miss the Captain will be all over your ass, because he has to put the boat in reverse. You keep moving while you are hauling in pots.

Yep, you get bummed out. No product..no money, not to mention one hell of a lot of work and hours put in.

Mentor
    08-23-2009, 06:16 PM #589
    Romo

Where can you get the all of the different products that they make! Only saw the car wash sponge in Walgreens!

Romo

found them on the internet! not sure what degreaser sponge I'm using! Think I will send my daughter a dog wash kit. She has two daschunds! I have 2 large dogs...Just hose'em off. I'mnot wrestling with them in a tub!
    Last edited by just sirius; 08-23-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: never mind

Mentor
    08-23-2009, 06:18 PM #590
    Wow Bill

Dumped the Broncos after the second preseason game...You really are hard core! I believe that the Lions have plenty of room on their band wagon!LOL

Page 59 of 62 ... 9495758596061 ...