Page 52 of 62 ... 2425051525354 ...
    Guru
    08-22-2009, 12:29 AM #511
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    thanks.......
    That bar is really nice! Did you build the counter top on it also? You have got it going on!

It's fun to look at each others' pictures of toys and such. I enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

Guru
    08-22-2009, 12:33 AM #512
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Projectors are the way to go, mine was 1/2 what people are paying for less than half the size in a flat panel.
    Romo, you have my mind stirring now for my basement...a projector just might be the ticket. I didn't even think of it. I will have to look around and ask you the technical questions since you know about this type of thing.

Guru
    08-22-2009, 12:37 AM #513
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Ive been looking really hard at Panasonic 1080's, but they are still pretty spendy....they say you cant really see a big difference between a 720 and a 1080 until you go BIG....what do you think...I can find some pretty cheap Pani's models in a 720 on Ebay..Ive heard alot of it has to do with the screen too....

The new flat panel 240hz LCD's are crazy!!!!! Everytime I walk into Costco they have one on playing a BlueRay movie and after awhile stareing at it, I get this queezy feeling in my stomach...too much overload on my small brain...its wild!!!!
    Andy, I have two flat screens. One is a Sony and one is a Vizio, in my Man's room (Not to be confused with the restroom). They are both 1080 and personally, I like the VIZIO the best. They are really good T.V.'s. As a matter of fact they even use them at my wife's corporation (where she works, not owns) and the I.T. guys there swear by them. They use them exclusively.
    BONUS - they are not as expensive.

Guru
    08-22-2009, 12:40 AM #514
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    OT Time!

Bill, this one is just for you. This is one of my guitars, a Martin SPD-16T which I bought in 1996. It's a special edition, signed by Chris Martin his bad self. We listen to Jimmy Buffett, and I play along with the songs. Ms. Julia thinks it's awesome.
    Wow, Greg, that is just a beautiful guitar! I would love to play it. Signed by Chris Martin makes it worth a whole bunch more! Very very nice!

Guru
    08-22-2009, 12:42 AM #515
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Busted 31st....$ 5100. Sigh
    $5100...........That is really good! Way to go! We are waiting to see you hit the big one and are pulling for you!

Guru
    08-22-2009, 12:46 AM #516
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Bill.... it was like 4,325,000,000
    Tony, thank you! I didn't have any idea where it closed at with volume. When it gets too high I think the Volume indicator quits. That is the second time that has happened. I guess I will have to start running two computers all the time. Some of our stocks will be taking off and I want to watch them closely.

Did you see all of those 9 million share buys today? It was insane!

I hope that you are having a great evening. It is time for a little MM, lol!

Guru
    08-22-2009, 12:55 AM #517
    Hey Shark,

I can see you swimming around out there, lol! What's up there, daddio?

Guru
    08-22-2009, 01:00 AM #518
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post

Yours truly, with the girls in the background. I figured some face time was needed.
    You are definitely better looking than I am. My Dad used to keep a picture of me on his desk at work. He told me that he had it there to scare the flies off!

Ray Ban prescription sunglasses, right? I have some just like that, if not just like that....they are expensive puppies! You have good taste!
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-22-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Mentor
    08-22-2009, 01:04 AM #519
    Neat!

Haven't used that adverb in awhile so ...

Really cool to come home and see\hear all this ... got a lot of catching up to do.

JS, just returned from that great state of Texas ... Really first time there besides some brief plane changes in DFW. Something about it ... it just feels Republican ... I won't go too far that, but still ... for being a Cowboy hater as part of the gene pool that comes with living in the Bay Area ... I liked it, though it was smelly hot and humid - They had some pretty good storms blow through last night into the morning - The new stadium is pretty slick, all over the news there ... Our driver was talking about how it's like a plush hotel inside ... seamless glass, carpeted floors ...

GoHerdGreg, great pictures! BTW - What is the significance of the name 'GoHerdGreg' anyway? Been meaning to ask you that ...

Bass, way to go! You sound a bit disappointed, which I guess is understandable but ... From my perspective, I may have gotten near that with my total investment in SIRI today when it hit that high, that is going back to Dec. of last year ... It's 5K man! I am trying here ...

How about that blue dog?! The few moments I have had to snatch glimpses at what has gone on the last several days were ... surprising, pleasantly so to say the least. Still haven't figured out just what is causing this sudden burst of energy ... heard a bit about the docking station ... got a lot of backtracking and catch up to do this weekend. Realized that I wasn't comfortable just throwing a sell out there not knowing what or why it was moving - Had the over core in @.80 as I had a few minutes before going out on a tour and thought, well that's kind of stupid and uninformed, it was just impulsive, so I pulled it - Hopefully I won't later regret it but I think at this point I am just holding it all as a long ... revised up to a 1.25-ish.

No miggle news other than some quip I caught about them supposedly updating their site and the evasive numbers coming (rumor) ... next week is the big QASP PR, correct?

Random babbling. Hope everyone is doing well and that you all have a great weekend.

Almost forgot the bar and the far too cute pup! My mother in law (who I love!) has one, can't remeber what breed, real cool dogs ... Nice setup Romo
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 08-22-2009 at 01:07 AM.

Mentor
    08-22-2009, 01:11 AM #520
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Shark,

I can see you swimming around out there, lol! What's up there, daddio?

Hey Bill! I am breaking tradition and having me a nice cold Sammy Adams ... Unravelling from the travel ... Pretty good trip, interesting things going on at work ... Interesting in that Chinese way of saying "May you live an interesting life!"

Page 52 of 62 ... 2425051525354 ...