Page 10 of 62 ... 891011122060 ...
    Mentor
    08-17-2009, 08:28 PM #91
    all i can say is..... the Giants are officially the best team in the NFL this season... again ---- GO BIG BLUE

Mentor
    08-17-2009, 08:31 PM #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Whats up guys!

Been busy today......

NSMG had a good run up to from .02 to .027 and closes at .019 could of been a good day trade I was gonna do it..but spent the powder on 33k shares of BEHL instead and closes green...

That SYMW ran pretty good today at first I thought was another pump and dump opened at .0011 and closed green at .0018 with 1255749066 trades...
    Im in with 300k shares at .001 so im good on that one....

QASP I had a day trade set up for 1/2 of my 200k shares at .04...those are the ones I got at .033 friday it got close to .039 but no cigar, i plan on trying to work that half and keep the 100k shares at .01 as my core long term.... and if trying to trade the 2nd block dont work out I'll keep them and see what happens at the end of the month...but over all adv on all of them are .0215 and closed at .034 so im in good shape anyway.....

you guys know the details on EVFL, IFSL and MGLG so i wont repeat anything you dont already know...

ASFX I sorta burried right now with 500k shares Im gonna leave them alone and say a couple of Our Fathers every now and then and hope one day they will turn around.....

SIRI is heading in the right direction but today manage to close red but Im up over all 20k so im good........

Thats my entire hand which I feel pretty good with and I think with patience they will do something........what who knows but something...

nice... you're doing great!!!!

Mentor
    08-17-2009, 08:34 PM #93
    Here's the nasdaq...

I lost my sp

08-17-2009, 08:50 PM #94
    Tony- i got a volume alert from hototc.com on SYWM tonight

Mentor
    08-17-2009, 09:33 PM #95
    hey dave is that 1 half of a head and shoulders pattern on the nasdaq chart?

Addict
    08-17-2009, 09:33 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    Tony- i got a volume alert from hototc.com on SYWM tonight
    Cool and Thanks Stang...when you posted Terry's picks I checked them all out and this was the only one that I liked....and its going ok so far....

We will see what tomorrow brings... Good Luck Bro....Tony

SYMW - SYMPOWERCO CORP (OTC)

Date Open High Low Last Change Volume % Change
    08/17/09 0.0012 0.0019 0.0010 0.0018 +0.0007 1219814625 +63.64%

Composite Indicator
    Trend Spotter TM Sell

Short Term Indicators
    7 Day Average Directional Indicator Buy
    10 - 8 Day Moving Average Hilo Channel Buy
    20 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy
    20 - 50 Day MACD Oscillator Hold
    20 Day Bollinger Bands Buy

Short Term Indicators Average: 80% - Buy
    20-Day Average Volume - 346923906

Medium Term Indicators
    40 Day Commodity Channel Index Buy
    50 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy
    20 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator Buy
    50 Day Parabolic Time/Price Buy

Medium Term Indicators Average: 100% - Buy
    50-Day Average Volume - 218457969

Long Term Indicators
    60 Day Commodity Channel Index Buy
    100 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy
    50 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator Buy

Long Term Indicators Average: 100% - Buy
    100-Day Average Volume - 121900813

Overall Average: 80% - Buy

Price Support Pivot Point Resistance

0.0018 0.0007 0.0016 0.0025
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 08-17-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Mentor
    08-17-2009, 09:45 PM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    hey dave is that 1 half of a head and shoulders pattern on the nasdaq chart?
    Good eye - it very well could be. That's what you want to be able to do, catch classic patterns before they happen, so you can anticipate - something Rashcke has said is very key to her success. That and seeing them at odd angles, and comparing related charts... can see the mini GS one quite clearly, but JPM has a slanted one. If we were talking about the stuff thursday, we could have used the GS one which was more complete, to set the trade for JPM... as JPM had a little upswing, which lowered the price of the contract, and given a tighter stop (going in friday, and using the top of the shoulder, which was thursday's high for a stop).

When I made one of my first "on my own" options trades on GOOG - I was only looking at one of the patterns that formed, and the price shot thru in the wrong direction, so I thought it was a fluke, and still wasn't thinking of using stops.... later, as I started losing my money, I drew every line possible on that chart, and every pattern I thought could develop, and found there were 3 patterns in the same area, and the price basically hit the outermost trendline - costly mistake that could have been avoided if I did that up front or used proper stops.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 08-17-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Mentor
    08-17-2009, 10:08 PM #98
    LOL - here it is...

I tried to play a put - things were still bearish then... the entry was the candle marked by the green line... I was using the "normal" blue I use to mark a symmetrical triangle, I expected that little red candle would be reversal candle on the line.

Later, I found an inverted head and shoulders (black, text is color coded for pattern), megaphone bottom (purplish blue), break of a trendline (cyan), and a channel (purple). You can see that the price rocketed to the megaphone and channel lines and held for a while, then popped out a little. Now, my stop in hindsight on a short term trade would have been the following day, but I was following an intermediate term trader at the time, who would have held on that, thinking its a one day head fake of the symmetrical triangle... by the following day, as you had a breakout of the head and shoulders and trendline, it was a massive loss. It wasn't even worth stopping out at that point, lol, as GOOG contracts are pricey, so the contract was much further out of the money... I think I was going for the next expiration, so I was totally screwed. You can also see for the previous 2 downturns in that pattern, I marked the turnaround in the upper indicators with a dashed red line... that wasn't happening for my entry. Man that was ugly!

Mentor
    08-17-2009, 10:11 PM #99
    dave whats the odds jpm hits 32.50 ... if it folows the gs pattern. it would be a nice payoff for us, huh

Mentor
    08-17-2009, 10:47 PM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    dave whats the odds jpm hits 32.50 ... if it folows the gs pattern. it would be a nice payoff for us, huh
    If the head and shoulders form like you anticipate, then it surely can... we have about 4 weeks though, our contract expires on the 17th. As we get closer, we will start to lose money each day, so closer to then, if its slowing down, we'd have to skip out (though the daily loss will be much slower if we get below $40 - explanation below)... that's the tricky part. But we will calculate it out with some examples of different contracts. I more meant this to be a quicky so you can see how it trades like a stock, but have to take the ask to get in, etc.

Now if we took the december contracts, I'd be more likely to hold. Not much decay, and you can see how the premium works...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=JPM&m=2009-09
    JPMUH $40 strike close at $1.78 or $178/contract in reality

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=JPM&m=2009-12
    JPMHX $40 strike close at $3.70 or $370/contract in reality

See the extra time costs $200/contract for those extra months

Look at August's contract for $40 strike, it costs $51/contract at the end of today.

If the price of JPM doesn't move tomorrow, I can see that one being worth $40 or something.

The other thing to consider is, once (or rather "if") JPM goes under $40, we will get an extra kick, as the contracts will then be in the money, and worth exercising to someone... ie. the price hits $38, then someone can (including you), sell 100 shares to the guy who sold the contract at $40, when they are worth $38. So that often times kicks the price up a little, and also once in the money, the time decay becomes minor. I'll show you that later.

But I hope you can see that say we do get a 30% gain this week, or say we did the trade friday, and were up 50%, it would take you weeks or maybe months to get that trading the stock, and you'd have to put in way more money to get the same gain. Likewise, the most you can lose is the contract price and the first commission if things went bad. Of course, if you went in big, the loss could be really bad.

Think if you had 1000 shares of GS though back before it dropped like a rock... if you had a protective put - say something with an expiration months out, you would put a fraction of money up for it, and good lord, I'd actually like to know how much that put would have been worth once that stock started dropping 50-80% a day. Let's just say, you wouldn't have been fearing going home to your wife or jumping off a bridge cause you lost $100K. That's just another use for them.

Likewise, if you fear earnings reports, or closing of a gap - see GRMN today closed the gap, an extra $50-$200 for a put would have likely covered the loss, and hopefully after gap closure, like for PCLN back in 2007, you could have then been on your merry way, less stress for that long position you don't want taxes on. Just have to know the stock I guess.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 08-17-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Page 10 of 62 ... 891011122060 ...