Page 20 of 62 ... 10181920212230 ...
    Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    08-19-2009, 09:35 AM #191
    Bill,

Hey, that was a nice little coin routine there. I knew there was a reason I liked you. A stock whiz and a close up worker. You have skills.

And you had a story with the routine... nice.

Enthusiast
    08-19-2009, 09:44 AM #192
    Dr. Dave,

That chart on what has been happening in the last 30 years in the stock market was awesome!!!!!

I had my wife look at it as well... we really enjoyed it. You documented it really well but we were curious about a few of the dips where you did not give a reason. I did not realize the Regan Dip of 1981 was that severe

we were also surprised how fast most of the dips recovered only two are going slow this one and the Black Monday drop/recovery.

What was the reason for the drop in '94?

Guru
    08-19-2009, 09:46 AM #193
    Hey Mag, welcome home! We were missing you.

Unless lightning strikes, it is going to be another "nothing" day. It is August, so what can a guy expect. September should bring some new surprises (good or bad). Let's hope for a little action though....at least enough to raise some kind of excitement. QASP has to do something here pretty quick. If it doesn't I will be completely befuddled.

Addict
    08-19-2009, 09:46 AM #194
    ASFX up 171% this morning

Enthusiast
    08-19-2009, 09:55 AM #195
    Bill,

You are right, August is a do-nothing-month. Well, perhaps we should call it a buy-it-cheap month. As long as we can relax and not expect much it should be an easy month. Just look for the deals.

I picked up ACAS pretty cheap after the Qrt reports came out. Of course it dropped even lower . . . just to jerk my chain But in the long run I think I got a good price and I won't complain . . . too much.

We might just have to wait until Sept/Oct to see BCLE rise up from the ashes and begin to produce. I can wait.

I also Picked up some TXMC. Green company . . . looks like they are trying to make something happen with some overseas investors. I will wait and see.

QASP . . . Frustrating but I think it will move... even if we have to wait a month.

MGLG... Seriously.. IR has mishandled this one! But I will wait for the numbers. "Fingers Crossed"

Enthusiast
    08-19-2009, 09:59 AM #196

Chb

OH...

and I picked up some CHB at .40 Looks like a good price for the month. I will hold this one for a short term (say 20%) return.

I think this is a good one to earn a little bit of coin. Check the charts and see what you guys think.

Enthusiast
    08-19-2009, 10:03 AM #197
    Sworntofun,

Awesome for you. A while back I was picking between SYMW, ASFX, and TXMC. I chose SYMW and TXMC. Darn it!!!!

I hope you picked up a lot of it!

Guru
    08-19-2009, 10:09 AM #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Magician View Post
    Bill,

You are right, August is a do-nothing-month. Well, perhaps we should call it a buy-it-cheap month. As long as we can relax and not expect much it should be an easy month. Just look for the deals.

I picked up ACAS pretty cheap after the Qrt reports came out. Of course it dropped even lower . . . just to jerk my chain But in the long run I think I got a good price and I won't complain . . . too much.

We might just have to wait until Sept/Oct to see BCLE rise up from the ashes and begin to produce. I can wait.

I also Picked up some TXMC. Green company . . . looks like they are trying to make something happen with some overseas investors. I will wait and see.

QASP . . . Frustrating but I think it will move... even if we have to wait a month.

MGLG... Seriously.. IR has mishandled this one! But I will wait for the numbers. "Fingers Crossed"
    Hey Mag, you are right..this is a do nothing month. I am going on vacation on the 10th of September for 8 days...back to Seattle to visit my parents. I am not too optimistic until late September or October when it is colder and people are back indoors.

Mentor
    08-19-2009, 10:11 AM #199
    asfx up 500% congratz tony!!!!!!! dr dave did you sell like me before the run up? LOL

08-19-2009, 10:11 AM #200
    Super low volume on mglg this morning. I think the stock has pretty much given up. Stopped shaving, wears sweatpants everywhere, orders pizza for every meal, just watches MASH all day.....

Page 20 of 62 ... 10181920212230 ...