Page 56 of 62 ... 6465455565758 ...
    08-22-2009, 10:50 PM #551
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I love that smoked Salmon so much that I am trying not to eat it all up, lol! Everytime I walk past the refrigerator I end up taking a bite! I am going to try Andy's recipe maybe tomorrow for the Cod. I am a big Cod fan. We used to have it everyday out at sea (we ate other stuff too - regular food), but we always had Cod. Sometimes it just happens that you run out of food on a fishing trip....what do you eat?? Anything you can pull on board.

I used to cook up Octopus a lot..that stuff is delicious. When we were fishing in Siberia and up around the northern Penninsula of Russia, we used to haul in gigantic scallops. We would just throw them in a sink and run boiling water over them (out of a hose) and when they popped upon we would just munch them down. We used to haul up sea snails (they kind of taste like crap) and sea cucumbers (which also suck). We would take those big ass King Crab and cook them up also. We weren't supposed to but we did anyway.

King crab are blue until they are cooked...really pretty! The colors vary though.

ALL crab that you buy in a store is red/orange. It is fully cooked. To cook crab from the store, you just put it in boiling water for 4 minutes to warm it up. Don't go over that 4 minutes or it will get tough.

But Andy's smoked Salmon is the very very best! The best I have ever eaten!

Hi Bill,

Reading all your food descriptions makes me hungry!
    Question for you Bill, I hope you can answer. I watch Deadlest Catch and was wondering why it is they do not count or bring in the dead King Crab.
    Does it make that much of a difference that they are dead? I've watched were they have hauled in a lot of dead ones and just seem to toss them overboard. Obviously, they are dead when I buy them, seems like they
    would be okay. Watching that show makes me realize why King Crab is so
    expensive!

Julie

Addict
    08-22-2009, 10:51 PM #552
    Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (QASP)
    Written by John Pentony on August 22, 2009

http://www.stockguru.com/about/qasp/

Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc.

Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (OTC: QASP) is an integrated aviation/aerospace corporation created to pursue an innovative and highly synergistic business strategy in the aerospace industry.

Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc., formerly Equus Resources, Inc., is the holding company for a group of aviation related entities that through their union strengthens the Company making it more efficient and profitable.

Three wholly owned subsidiaries of the company are:

Atlantic Aviation, Inc. (AAI) operates a flight school at Herlong Airport in Jacksonville, Florida
    Quasar Aircraft Corporation is developing a four place trainer aircraft
    Quasar Aircraft Corporation also intends to develop the Quasar I, a twin engine, six place very light jet aircraft
    Aviation Import/Export has been formed to import aircraft and/or components for sale, lease and use by qualified Quasar Aerospace Industries affiliates and other companies

Equus Resources, Inc. merged with Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. on March 18, 2009.

Atlantic Aviation, Inc. (AAI)

Atlantic Aviation, Inc. (AAI), a wholly owned subsidiary, operates a flight school at Herlong Airport in Jacksonville, Florida.

Atlantic Aviation Inc. was formed to respond to a critical shortage of flight school capacity in Florida with a particular demand for training international students. Once the initial school is operational, the goal is to market this “School Concept” as a turn-key franchise opportunity to aviation professionals around the country.

Letter of Intent for Flight School Students: Atlantic has signed a Letter of Intent with a group from India to train foreign flight students, and has submitted an application to the U. S. Secretary of State for approval for this operation. When the program begins, the Company plans to add ten students per month until it is fully operational with 60 students in training at all times at varying stages of training and a full capacity of 80 students.

The flight training program runs for approximately six months, and each student pays $66,000 for the full program.

At full capacity this one school could generate approximately ten million dollars in revenue with margins ranging from 38-45%. The flight training program currently has eight students enrolled.

Atlantic Aviation Jacksonville Facility:

The Company has a long-term lease with the Jacksonville Aviation Authority for a flight training facility.

The facility will have:

A 14,000 square foot maintenance hangar that will hold six aircraft
    A 6,750 square foot administration and training building
    Ramp parking for 25 aircraft
    The Herlong Airport Project agreements have been signed with the Project Manager/General Contractor, the Civil Engineering firm and the Architect.

Dakota & Company of Jacksonville was selected as the general contractor. This firm has been the developer and builder of several exceptional airport projects. Mr. Fred Dewitt, the company president, will oversee all engineering, design and construction for the maintenance hangar, office building and site development. Dakota and Company has recently completed the Marco Airplane Hangar in Jacksonville, Florida. www.dakotaandcompany.com.

The civil engineering company selected for the project is Phillips Civil Engineering. The architect the Company has chosen is Wharton Donaldson who is the Architect of record for the Marco Airplane Hangar and thus has a great working relationship with Dakota and Company. www.phillipscivil.com.

The project will be the first truly Green development on any airport in the Jacksonville area. Amongst the Green Building Initiatives will be photovoltaic electric, radiant heating and a highly insulated building.

Quasar Aircraft Corporation is developing a four seat trainer aircraft and will be the developer of a twin engine, six seat very light jet aircraft.

Acquisition of Manufacturing Company for Aircraft

Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. executed a binding agreement to acquire a manufacturing company that will provide production capability for the Quasar line of aircraft currently in development. For security reasons the name of the company will not be divulged until the acquisition is closed.

The acquisition is to be made with private funding at $54 M, of which $40 M will be in cash and the remainder in assumption of liabilities. This acquisition when it closes is anticipated to add approximately $44 M to the Company’s revenue stream and $10 M in EBITDA.

The company to be acquired has a vast range of capability in the aerospace industry, and operates three plants totaling approximately 300,000 square feet. The company owns two of the plants equaling 190,000 sq. ft. and leases the third plant. The revenue and profit numbers are achieved with less than 250 employees and an excellent safety record.

Undisclosed Purchase Agreement for Aviation/Aerospace Company

An agreement to acquire a third aviation/aerospace company was signed in May of 2009. The full Board of Directors of the company to be acquired unanimously approved recommending to the shareholders that they accept the offer of One Dollar per share for the 32 M shares outstanding. The members of the Board hold over 80% of the outstanding stock so shareholder approval is certain to be obtained.

The acquisition will add approximately $18 M to the Company’s annual revenue and $3.75 M to the bottom line. The current management team will remain intact. Quasar’s management team has been closely associated with this company for over three years.

Management and Board of Directors

Dean Bradley. Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board of Directors.

Mr. Bradley has served as CEO and President of multiple companies in both the public and private sectors. He has founded over a dozen companies and launched multiple startups.

James Ray President of Quasar Aircraft Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary.

Mr. Ray brings over 40 years of senior level management in the aerospace/aircraft industry to the Company. He is one of the world’s foremost experts in composite fiber technology having worked for the original United States Air Force team that initially evaluated graphite fibers for aviation use.

Mr. Ray will lead the design engineers and the manufacturing process for both the new single engine training aircraft being developed and the development program for the twin engine very light business jet currently under way.

In addition, James Ray headed up the design team for Sikorsky Aviation, a division of United Technologies, to bring us the Blackhawk and Seahawk helicopters. Most recently, Mr. Ray was CEO of North American Composite Consortium which serves as a liaison effecting aviation contracts for the United States Navy. Mr. Ray has served on the Company’s Advisory Board for the last three years and works seamlessly with management team.

Thomas Costanza Chief Financial Officer.

Mr. Costanza has 20 years of experience in financial management, tax expertise, securities compliance and “Best” Accounting Practices to the company. His professional experience includes working with both public and private companies in a variety of sectors including financial services, manufacturing and online media/e-commerce. His significant capability leading successful merger and acquisitions initiatives, finance capitalization strategies, and corporate governance.

Since 2008 Mr. Costanza has been President of Accountabiliti LLC, a firm that provides financial management solutions to companies. Prior to founding Accountabiliti he was CFO and interim President of a global manufacturer where he led the sale of the business to a major European private equity firm. He was CFO for a developing publicly traded online media and e-commerce business where he led the raising of $15 million in private equity and a significant acquisition that nearly doubled the revenue scale of the business. Mr. Costanza will remain with Accountabiliti, which will allow him access to a variety of professional resources provided by the firm. Mr. Costanza earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the Florida State University before passing the CPA exam on his first attempt. He began his professional career with big-four international audit and tax firm Ernst & Young based in Jacksonville, Florida.

Marty Zell — Board of Directors and Vice-President for Shareholder Relations.

Bert Watson, Jr. — Board of Directors

Dean Bradley
    904-612-8485
    deanbrad@bellsouth.net

Scott Martin
    770-521-9410
    scott.martin@jpccapital.com

9300 Normandy Blvd.
    Suite 511
    Jacksonville, FL 32221
    http://www.equusresources.com
    Phone: 904-612-8485
    Fax: 904-378-3252
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 08-22-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Guru
    08-22-2009, 11:00 PM #553
    Tony, you are doing some serious DD on QASP. By the way, I nominated QASP! I gave at the office!

I hope that you are having a great weekend.

I am going to throw up a couple of stock actives so people can start checking some of these out and coming up with which ones may be good purchases.

Guru
    08-22-2009, 11:01 PM #554

Addict
    08-22-2009, 11:02 PM #555
    StockGuru Weekend Alert: Please Look Closely at Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (QASP)
    Written by John Pentony on August 22, 2009

Dear Members:

I have a big announcement this weekend. We are initiating coverage of QASP.

Like SKVI, MZEI and GDHI, I anticipate this one will bring in a lot of attention. I am going to give you much more information over the weekend on the company. I wanted you to take a good first look at this today.

ON SUNDAY, I am going to establish my value story here. It has a real upside, and I think you should see it.

http://www.stockguru.com/2009/08/sto...t-please-look-

closely-at-quasar-aerospace-industries-inc-qasp/
    Remember – all three of those symbols I listed before had very good runs, two reaching 52 week highs in days. I am going to give you solid reasons why I think we will see much of the same here.

Let’s all have a great weekend – but do not forget to look closely at QASP!

Thank you,

John Pentony

Publisher, StockGuru

Guru
    08-22-2009, 11:02 PM #556

08-22-2009, 11:06 PM #557
    Hey Bill, Don't forget about me!

Julie

Addict
    08-22-2009, 11:08 PM #558
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Tony, you are doing some serious DD on QASP. By the way, I nominated QASP! I gave at the office!

I hope that you are having a great weekend.
    How you doing Bill...Im having a very good weekend Thanks...also doing the things I neglect during the week being glued to the computer...
    Ray shot me this stock today...check it out! WTWO
    I am going to throw up a couple of stock actives so people can start checking some of these out and coming up with which ones may be good purchases.
    We know that the fair value of this company should be anywhere between .60 (on the low side) to possibly $1.25 (depending on the P/E ratio).
    So, if the company delivers as promised and can prove the numbers...how quickly can we realistically expect the PPS to get up into this range?

When SPNG took flight, it took about 2 weeks (I think) to reach its high. Obviously, there is NO comparing the two companies... which is why I would expect QASP to perform way better...and stay there! Talk to you later
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 08-22-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Guru
    08-22-2009, 11:22 PM #559
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hey Bill, Don't forget about me!

Julie
    Julie, I am sorry, I didn't see that you posted up there. First of all if they are dead you cannot cook them and eat them. Crab (raw) is very poisonous. The fishing seasons for King Crab are extremely short, sometimes a matter of 72 hours. Different fisheries (mapped out locations) have different seasons. They really control the fisheries and are very strict. The Coast guard is out there in the Bering Seas on Coast Guard Cutters and they will board you anytime that they feel like it...at any hour...you just have to comply. On the Cutters they have the I.R.S., The Department of Fisheries, the F.B.I and a bunch of different government agencies. When they come on board, they check your passports and if you are wanted for anything, they will take you with them.

You can be way out in the middle of the sea and they can see you, but you can't see them. They will pull up next to you, get in a little red rubber boat and come on over. They board with full automatic weapons and hand guns, flack jackets and the whole works.

The price is because of supply and demand. You throw the little ones back, that are too small to keep, by law.

I hope that you are having a great Saturday night!
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-22-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Guru
    08-22-2009, 11:34 PM #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    We know that the fair value of this company should be anywhere between .60 (on the low side) to possibly $1.25 (depending on the P/E ratio).
    So, if the company delivers as promised and can prove the numbers...how quickly can we realistically expect the PPS to get up into this range?

When SPNG took flight, it took about 2 weeks (I think) to reach its high. Obviously, there is NO comparing the two companies... which is why I would expect QASP to perform way better...and stay there! Talk to you later
    I totally agree with you. This upcoming week should be totally great with price or working its way up. I am very surprised that it hasn't buzzed up a bit more. It is one of the top 15 everyday on the wheel. People should start sending out junk emails about it here pretty soon with their new, big, cannot miss stocks.

I think there will be one hell of a pump and some big pullback attempts, but over the long term it should pay off big. Those are my thoughts for what they are worth at the moment.

Page 56 of 62 ... 6465455565758 ...