Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    01-25-2013, 08:08 PM #31
    ^^ Amen ^^

02-05-2013, 04:58 AM #32
    The new online player seems to cut out DJ banter, the mobile app is likely soon to follow. Good news for everyone who is sick of crappy DJs.

04-17-2013, 01:41 AM #33

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    To me, the appeal of Sat Radio has always been about it being "commercial free"....not "DJ free".

Personally I LIKE to have a DJ introduce songs and talk about music. It adds a human element and makes it more interesting.

True, not EVERY DJ is going to appeal to everyone. Some will be better than others depending on who is listening. But to say get rid of ALL DJs is kinda silly to me. DJ's add personality and depth to the radio experience. Besides being entertaining they tend to be KNOWLEDGEABLE about the music being played, and that is very informative.

This kind of "human" element adds a "Soul" to Sat Radio that you just don't get from the likes of Pandora or Slacker.

I do think that SiriusXM should add a "jukebox" like feature on the iphone app where people can create their own radio stations like Pandora....that'd be cool and would only enhance the listening experience. However, I don't think they should change their regular platform by getting rid of DJs.

Getting rid of commercials? Of COURSE...that is WHY people are willing to pay for Sat Radio. But getting rid of DJs? Makes no sense to me. They are as important to me as the music when it comes to what radio is about.

Take them away, and you take away radio's soul. :-)
    Exactly. As long as they do not talk too much, it's OK. Some have interesting insight and comments (i.e., Cousin Brucie on Ch. 6).

Now, if we could just be spared the commercial spots for the weiner pills (and similar)...

09-05-2013, 05:41 PM #34
    I am tired of cousin Brucie on channel 6. He is on there every time I tune to it. I am paying to hear music not talk. If I wanted to listen to talk I would go to an FM station that features music, talk and commercials. Please, just have music on Sirius XM. If any of you want to listen to DJ's talk, joke and laugh, go to an FM station. There are plenty of them.

09-05-2013, 07:50 PM #35
    Don't have to get rid of DJ's. They just don't need to blab a lot. Just play the music without talking too much between songs.

09-06-2013, 04:24 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by corey View Post
    I am tired of cousin Brucie on channel 6. He is on there every time I tune to it. I am paying to hear music not talk. If I wanted to listen to talk I would go to an FM station that features music, talk and commercials. Please, just have music on Sirius XM. If any of you want to listen to DJ's talk, joke and laugh, go to an FM station. There are plenty of them.
    Agreed on the Cousin Brucie babble! I like 60's and 70's music, but every time I turn on 60's, he's talking away. Now the 70's station has just he right mix of DJ talk and lots of music. Probably my favorite station!

09-10-2021, 10:48 AM #37
    Old thread, I know, but just have to comment.

We are leaving SXM due to the yakking DJs. We want to hear music but are hearing way too much chatting. And we don’t want to hear it.

They seem like nice people, but that’s why we left FM radio—not enough music.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234