Page 3 of 4 1234
    Head Honcho
    01-27-2010, 01:41 AM #21
    The channels all have webpages on the Sirius website and except feedback... why not let them know? I know for a fact they have listened to feedback in the past. How else will they know you are aggravated if you don't tell them?

A simple email that says less talky more musicy would be fine. Or maybe an email that says John Doe DJ thinks he's funny but he's not...EVER.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-29-2010, 06:58 PM #22
    The DJs add alot to the "nostalgia" stations. Having the old MTV VJs on the 80s station was a big draw when I switched from XM to Sirius years ago. I usually listen to "First Wave" and remember Larry the Duck back from his WLIR/WDRE days so he is part of the Nostalgia. I would assume Cousin Brucie is a big draw to listeners of those stations.

02-21-2010, 09:32 AM #23
    Whether it's 30 seconds or a minute, this isn't why I spent all this money to get Sirius. 1 morning at about 3 I had to sit through close to a minute of MTV VJ Alan Hunter and his philosophy about some bands in the 80's. Why should anyone care? And Magic Matt tramples all over the music rambling on with idiotic jokes on the 70's channel. AND Kayla on The Boneyard can't seem to always want to express how cool she is. It's getting worse too. Someone needs to step in, overhaul the music and....just.......PLAY the music.

03-04-2010, 01:31 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by sentimental48 View Post
    Whether it's 30 seconds or a minute, this isn't why I spent all this money to get Sirius. 1 morning at about 3 I had to sit through close to a minute of MTV VJ Alan Hunter and his philosophy about some bands in the 80's. Why should anyone care? And Magic Matt tramples all over the music rambling on with idiotic jokes on the 70's channel. AND Kayla on The Boneyard can't seem to always want to express how cool she is. It's getting worse too. Someone needs to step in, overhaul the music and....just.......PLAY the music.
    This. SiriusBuzz had a good idea. We should send them an email to let them know what we think.

04-24-2010, 04:42 PM #25

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Orbital View Post
    I pay for Sirius to listen to commercial free music. I am sick of DJ's talking for 5 minutes at a time. I just want to hear music. Please tell them to go to FM radio if they want to jabber so much. I don't think we should have to pay to hear them talk. There should be a separate channel for that or something. It is just as bad as commercials. Just for clarification, I don't mean them announcing the next song. I mean them sitting there and literally talking for 5 minutes. Hey, its going on right now again. Yay. They have been doing this for a while on The Pulse.
    Frankly I like the jibber-jabber. I usually learn something interesting but they don't talk for more than a minute normally and if they do it's for an interview or some other feature. But since I grew up listening to many of their DJ's when they were on NY and Philly FM I'm a bit prejudiced.

05-12-2011, 12:09 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffw6864 View Post
    Response to Orbital;

Faction has Jason Ellis on for 4 hours daily, and for the majority of his show he talks (with some music occasionally thrown in). Ellis seems to be gathering a growing audience, and his show seems popular.

Deep Tracks/The Spectrum has DJ Bob Dylan talking on his Theme Time Radio Hour. Also on Deep Tracks, Tom Petty DJs on his show.

The Loft has an amazing show where Vin Scelsa's, hosts and DJs Idiot's Delight.

And, so many other programs on various channels have DJs who add to my, and many others, entertainment and musical education.

I will concede though, that Sirius XM Hits1 has a very annoying "Zoo" format in the morning with annoying DJs who talk way too much on that channel. The other day they were taking calls from listeners/subscribers on what their baby's first words that were spoken. I can't take listening to pointless shit like that.

As for The Pulse, my beef with that channel is the limited playlists that they had been playing. I emailed them stating as much and signed up for their channel survey stating that they were playing the same G D songs over and over. There has to be a 1000 or more songs that could play on that channel.
    As for annoying DJs, I just don't agree.
    DJs are great on Sirius/XM - they rarely are there and when they popon they throw out some actual useful info. However, I love the Faction lineup in the morning but I have no interest in listening to Ellis on my ride home from work. I really wish he had a separate station so they could have a full lineup of songs all day.

07-18-2012, 07:57 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    ...I would assume Cousin Brucie is a big draw to listeners of those stations.
    The main reason I put XM or Sirius in three vehicles is for the oldies. I think "Cousin Brucie" is a moron and I getsick of listening to him and all his "cousins". Then for a couple days you see "Encore Presentation" instead of the song info. It's almost enough to make me not renew.

07-20-2012, 12:02 AM #28
    Getting back to the original subject matter here. I too prefer to listen to just music and nothing else. Many here are subscribers for the unique talk shows and others (like myself) are here for strictly the music. I can accept occasional (30 seconds or less) jibber jabber between music sets BUT not much more than that. Chill (is on at bedtime) is a good example of absolutely no DJ at all and it is very refreshing

09-03-2012, 07:20 PM #29
    I agree. I've been listening to KLOS FM in Los Angeles since they went on the air in 1969. That station has been preset on my all the radios on all the cars I've owned since then. The only time I ever changed the channels from KLOS in all those years was when Jim "the pontificator" Ladd came on. I was glad when he was thrown out last year. Well, guess what? Whose show is on Sirius Deep Tracks every day a 4 PM? Jim "I am so awesome and know everything" Ladd. Now I am changing channels from Deep Tracks every afternoon. Can we get a break from these blabber mouths?

01-25-2013, 07:34 PM #30
    Have been listening to XM/Sirus for six years now and KAYLA is the worst! She rambles on about non-music related topics like what she did last weekend. WAKE UP We are paying for this!!! We pay for every word she says! This is not FM where it is a free (ad-supported) service to the listener. If you have something to say music related, then Say It Quickly and get back to the music!

Page 3 of 4 1234