Page 2 of 4 1234
    08-17-2009, 10:14 AM #11

Morning Mash-Up

I have to agree about Hits 1 morning zoo program. It's like nails on a chalkboard. If I wanted to hear these people, I would listen to FM. Some of them even came from FM stations in New York. I have no desire to hear about their weekends, or their romantic situations. Not only that, but it's repeated also!! Just play some F'in music!!!!!

08-20-2009, 10:17 AM #12
    Over 3 minutes of just talking about their lives on the pulse from 7:12-7:15 am. I timed it.

08-20-2009, 10:28 AM #13
    5 minutes of talking from 7:22am to 7:27am on the Pulse. Almost 6 minutes actually. Are all stations like this or just the Pulse?

08-20-2009, 05:48 PM #14

Too Much Talk on Classic Jazz, Channel 72 & Symphony Hall, Channel 80

Since the merger of the two companies, the amount of talk on Classic Jazz, 72, has increased considerably. The most talkative announcer is Mark Ruffin during the late PM hours. The one who says things which are relevant and brief is Les Davis, late PM to midnight. Then, there are the special shows such as Wynton Marsalis who talks about jazz and interviews other artists. He's a great musician and let's keep him as one. Dizzy's Club Coke-A-Cola can turn into a talk program. Sometimes I wonder where is the music.

Even worse, is Symphony Hall, 80, at 11pm when William McGlaughlin decides its time for music history and theory. At that hour, I'm going to bed and like listening to classical music at that time. I don't want to hear his babble!!!
    Fortunately, I have the option of Classical Pops. My other criticism is that both classical channels seem to have added more vocals than was the case when it was just Sirius. I don't want to listen that classical vocals at anytime. They belong on the Opera channel.

Fortunately, the 70s and 80's oldies, channels 7 and 8, seem to remain unchanged. I enjoy both while driving. The announcers make occasional comments about the artists but keep it limited.

I hope others who find the talk radio on music channels objectionable will post here and send comments to Sirius/XM. I'm afraid that Sirius/XM cares only about their financial situation and are tone deaf to programming complaints.

08-24-2009, 02:04 PM #15

Programming upgrades?

There are some rumors being talked about on XMfan's discussion board about the music channels programming changes (for the better, depending on your perspective). Most of the speculation focuses on deeper and broader playlists. DJs will probably stay. These music changes may coincide with the new hardware to be unveiled on Wednesday. I personally would like to see broader playlists.

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t...er=asc&start=0

12-19-2009, 01:57 PM #16
    I would just like to bump this thread and say it is still really annoying trying to listen to radio stations and hearing people talking about freedom of technology. (Pulse@ around 9:50 this morning.)

12-30-2009, 03:46 PM #17
    Bump. I have been free for 3 years now and and I have created playlists that put SiriusXm channels to shame and it is nice not having to hear what Tiger Woods is doing before my next Lou Reed song

12-30-2009, 08:38 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbital View Post
    I would just like to bump this thread and say it is still really annoying trying to listen to radio stations and hearing people talking about freedom of technology. (Pulse@ around 9:50 this morning.)

I listen to The Pulse, usually early in the morning on the way to work.
    I don't recall hearing any talking. Of course if I don't like a song
    I am changing the station. (the Blend is another good one) Does
    this happen often, talking?

Julie

01-04-2010, 12:34 PM #19

DJ annoyance

Yes, "commercial free" is what I define satellite radio as but for me I don't really give any thought to dj's or what ever. I just want the masses to buy subscriptions and be happy.
    My ultimate goal is for the price of the stock to increase so I can make a buck.
    Happy New Year! (Bertman)
    Last edited by bwebbman; 01-05-2010 at 11:40 AM.

01-26-2010, 01:48 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I listen to The Pulse, usually early in the morning on the way to work.
    I don't recall hearing any talking. Of course if I don't like a song
    I am changing the station. (the Blend is another good one) Does
    this happen often, talking?

Julie
    Not always. But sometimes is it really bad. I just want to hear music. I dont' want to hear 2 people talking about gossip or the weather or anything else. I have listened to many other stations but I would have to say Pulse is the worst out of the ones I listen to. If it was even a quick 5 seconds after a song it wouldn't be that bad but its 30 seconds or more sometimes. Sometimes whole minutes(not very often but it happens).

Page 2 of 4 1234