06-23-2021, 11:51 PM #1

Question about streaming if I have an in-home siriusxm radio

I've been told that if I buy a SiriusXM home kit, and sign up for SiriusXM, I also get complimentary access to the same exact programming on my phone using the downloadable app. Is this true? Will I be able to hear exactly the same feeds of programs and music at the same time as what I can hear on the in home radio?

Or will it be just complimentary access to SiriusXM streaming which I have found is NOT the same.
    Last edited by Jay968; 06-24-2021 at 12:07 AM.

07-02-2021, 02:58 PM #2
    The content is the same. Keep in mind that the songs may be time shifted a bit. For example when you launch a channel in the app it usually starts at the beginning of whatever song is playing. So you could be out of sync with what's coming from the satellite.

I like the app a lot. You can do a lot more with it than your sat receiver. I have a show that I like to listen at 5pm. But sometimes that time slot is inconvenient. I can start the program at 5pm and then hit pause. Then an hour later I can hit play and listen to my show from the beginning. Some channels offer podcasts too.

And finally the internet stream sounds better since it streams at a higher bitrate than the satellite.