08-14-2009, 04:58 PM #1

Srh550

I have an SRH550 Home Tuner; can anyone out there tell me what the "service port" is intended to be used for? Interestingly enough, the user manual doesn't even mention it. I assume it is there so you can hook up an external component (e.g. receiver, etc.) for external control, but want to be sure before I actually connect it to my Onkyo TRS706 (which has the same, 8-pin female mini-DIN connector earmarked "Sirius"). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

08-21-2009, 03:36 PM #2
    Wow... no one out there has any info on this?

Enthusiast
    08-25-2009, 12:09 PM #3
    I tried to look up some info for it and I have come up with nothing. We are assuming this could be for some sort of diagnostics program for home theater equipment but I contacted and installer about it and could not find anything.

08-25-2009, 01:43 PM #4
    Thanks, Matt. I finally hooked it up to my Onkyo receiver via the 8-pin mini-DIN and the receiver would not recognize it. I think it is probably just as you say - it's only there for diagnostics and service (thus the term "service port"). That's probably why the user manual didn't bother to mention it as well. Thanks for taking the time to look into this and respond to me.

Enthusiast
    08-25-2009, 05:14 PM #5
    Not a problem. I just wish I had more information to give you. As soon as I found out though, I will update you.