Page 2 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    08-13-2009, 12:40 PM #11
    I cant take the time to read the whole post but I can tell you that they do/did have weapons of mass destruction because the US sold them the weapons long ago. Granted they could have been moved out of the country by now but, I doubt it.

The only reason you never hear about this is because our government cant stand up and say "we know you have weapons even though we cant find them because WE SOLD THEM TO YOU."
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    08-14-2009, 01:58 AM #12
    Read the whole post by FACTCHECK.org before you comment next time.
    Isnt that the least you can do?

Head Honcho
    08-14-2009, 10:17 AM #13
    Me? I dont know if that was directed at John. I studied this issue heavily in college both inside and outside of the classroom, I dont need a website to tell me that we sell weapons to countries to fight other countries and keep other countries in line, only to then have those weapons tuned against us. Just look at Afghanistan, we had no problem helping them out back in the 80's now they are using those weapons against us. We gave Iraq the weapons, there is no denying that they have them, we just couldn't find them (not surprising).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    08-14-2009, 10:39 AM #14
    Yes it was directed to you Mr. SiriusBuzz. After the last dumbass heading by John i decided that guy has absolutely no class and is simply not worth engaging with.

"We gave Iraq the weapons, there is no denying they HAVE them we just couldnt find them (surprising)"

Well i quess you know things without being an expert (yes i know you studied it in college. So did i)on the subject that many REAL EXPERTS (weapons inspectors etc) KNOW DIFFERENTLY!
    I know they GAVE weapons to IRAQ years ago that is not the issue.
    Read the FACTCHECK.ORG (more than just another website) article and then if you want to stick to your original point of view fine.
    You sound rather close minded for the head honcho of a website.

Head Honcho
    08-14-2009, 12:58 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    I know they GAVE weapons to IRAQ years ago that is not the issue.
    How is that not the issue? If I hand you a dollar bill, is it not safe for me to say that you have a dollar? Even if you hide it, I can still say with certainty that you have it.

Read the FACTCHECK.ORG (more than just another website) article and then if you want to stick to your original point of view fine.
    How is that website any better or worse than any other? It is often simple to find article that agrees or disagrees with any point online. Its such a mass of information that its almost harder to not find two opposing points of view. That is why having a diverse knowledge of all the information is so important. I have read both sides of the story.

You sound rather close minded for the head honcho of a website.
    I dont know what open mindedness has to do with running a website nor do I see why my educated opinion (whether you agree with it or not) makes me close minded? You are entitled to your opinion based on facts you believe to be true, just like I am entitled to mine. You wont get any fight from me on this topic, I was tossing in what I find to be the most important fact.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    08-14-2009, 01:08 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    How is that not the issue? If I hand you a dollar bill, is it not safe for me to say that you have a dollar? Even if you hide it, I can still say with certainty that you have it.

How is that website any better or worse than any other? It is often simple to find article that agrees or disagrees with any point online. Its such a mass of information that its almost harder to not find two opposing points of view. That is why having a diverse knowledge of all the information is so important. I have read both sides of the story.

I dont know what open mindedness has to do with running a website nor do I see why my educated opinion (whether you agree with it or not) makes me close minded? You are entitled to your opinion based on facts you believe to be true, just like I am entitled to mine. You wont get any fight from me on this topic, I was tossing in what I find to be the most important fact.

They had them but it is argued that they were destroyed. Again read the
    article. You assume they were hidden and are still there. Certainly one point of view.

I have read both points of view as well.
    I have always looked for what could be considered the most neutral of
    sites. Factcheck.org fits the bill for me and i have sometimes disagreed with them. You find the ones that work for you.

Understand. Just thought before commenting you could have read the article. Know your busy but it takes 2 minutes and you took at least that time to think about and comment on the subject. Anyway.....

Page 2 of 2 12