Page 1 of 3 123
    Addict
    08-10-2009, 01:39 AM #1

Tesla car

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tes...tream-2009-08-

And what Bozo called all electric cars golf carts?
    One of the dumbest people on earth.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 09:28 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tes...tream-2009-08-

And what Bozo called all electric cars golf carts?
    One of the dumbest people on earth.

I dont know who said that but I have told you and that still has not changed, IT IS THE COST TO HAVE A ELECTRIC CAR. I just seen what Buick is doing with its all electric car. Now while the battery bank last 2 to 3 years longer the cost to replace has gone up to 12 to 13 thousand dollars to replace. (I can only gather from that, that it is because they are using a heavier base element for their batteries) So that still means that it cost on average of 1,562 dollars in batteries alone every year. Some things change but the average cost still remains the same. I wont even get into the extra cost you will have on your electric bill and god help you if "Cap and Trade" gos into effect. Then lets see what other extra cost is there, thats right it is going to be about 12,000 dollars more to get then a comparible gas model. I will say it again for the dumbasses out there, that there is not yet a economical replacement out there for the gas model. That will not come for another 20 years (by the way, that is Obama and the democrats that also say that, lloyd)

Addict
    08-10-2009, 02:20 PM #3
    Your compatriot Dread said that electric cars were golf carts.

The Prius and several other models (civic hybrid and insight to name a couple) are replacements for the gas only model car right now. That is why it is the 4th highest trade in for the cash for clunker deal. People are not stupid.I dont now why you continue to lie. I provided you with the study that showed how much money you would save from buying the Prius over similar gas run cars.
    I cant do more than provide the evidence.

OBVIOUSLY electric cars are not money savers yet. Its the very beginning stages of the industry. Watch in 10 years. There is a reason all car companies will have them by 2013. They are out to make money and they will.

The hybrid plug-in will be saving people money even sooner.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 02:33 PM #4

The Prius and several other models (civic hybrid and insight to name a couple) are replacements for the gas only model car right now. That is why it is the 4th highest trade in for the cash for clunker deal. People are not stupid.I dont now why you continue to lie. I provided you with the study that showed how much money you would save from buying the Prius over similar gas run cars.

OBVIOUSLY electric cars are not money savers yet. Its the very beginning stages of the industry. Watch in 10 years. There is a reason all car companies will have them by 2013. They are out to make money and they will.

Listen you twit once again if the government stoped with all the money given to purchasing a hybrid then the cost of the car is far beyond it being economically viable. With the government payments they are at best equal, that is also for the few that can get ALL the deals that the government has out.

Hey I can also get the government to pay me to go to school, have you ever seen that nut that talks about all the government programs that give money to people for what ever reason. The problem is all the hoops and requirements that there are to get it, makes it about impossible for normal people to get them.

Addict
    08-10-2009, 02:44 PM #5
    Not true twit. The study on the Prius discounts govt financial incentives. Read it.

i noticed you didnt protest when the Republican Party and John McCain supported 35 billion dollars in subsidies to the oil and gas industry.

How many countless of BILLIONS of dollars have gone to the nuclear and coal industries. You guys are such hypocrites. You have no problem with money spent on industries you support but when we try even the littliest bit to JUST LEVEL THE PLAYING FTELD you go apeshit.
    Those entrenched industries have a huge head start and its time for a change.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 03:01 PM #6
    Not true twit. The study on the Prius discounts govt financial incentives. Read it.

i noticed you didnt protest when the Republican Party and John McCain supported 35 billion dollars in subsidies to the oil and gas industry.

How many countless of BILLIONS of dollars have gone to the nuclear and coal industries. You guys are such hypocrites. You have no problem with money spent on industries you support but when we try even the littliest bit to JUST LEVEL THE PLAYING FTELD you go apeshit.
    Those entrenched industries have a huge head start and its time for a change.

lloyd, you dumbshit those subsidies are there because the government also regulates the price the power companies can charge for power.

The oil companies get subsidies to promote the finding of new oil, not to mention those subsidies come from the tax rate they pay which is the highest in the world. So in the end that money is just less they have to pay in taxes and not money given to them by the government.

Addict
    08-10-2009, 03:09 PM #7
    I will say it again.
    Those entrenched industries have a HUMONGOUS head start in Govt subsidies and suppport. Its DAMN WELL TIME TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD FOR THE NEW AND FUTURE INDUSTRIES OF THIS COUNTRY. Dont cry about it!

Guru
    08-11-2009, 11:36 AM #8

I have to prove what a twit you are again. Here follow these 2 links for a comparison.

http://www.toyota.com/prius-hybrid/?...3410_p40444336

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/focussedan/

Now if you did that you will see that the Prius gets a average of 50 miles to the gallon and starts at a cost of 22,000 dollars.

Next you will notice that the Focus get an average of 30 miles to the gallon and starts at a cost of 16,000 dollars.

There is a total difference of 6,000 dollars between the two there is also a difference of about 20 miles between the two. The average person drives 12,000 miles a year.

12,000 / 50 = 240 gallons for the year (Prius)

12,000 / 30 = 400 gallons for the year (focus)

Taking the gallons of each and multipling them by 3 dollars a gallon.

240 gallons X 3 dollars = 720 dollars per year cost in fuel for the Prius.

400 gallons X 3 dollars = 1200 dollars per year cost in fuel for the Focus.

Then subtract the difference and you get the extra cost in fuel for the year.

1200 - 720 = 480 extra dollars a year (in fuel cost) to drive the Focus.

Now take the 6,000 dollars you will have to pay up front on the Prius and divide that by the 480 dollars and you will get the amount of years it will take to just break even.

6,000 / 480 = 12.5 years to just break even on the Prius.

I dont even think I have to bring up the cost of the battery pack and that it is supposed to last between 5 and 7 years.

I dont even think I have to bring up the true cost of not having 6,000 dollars and what that would earn in a bank (after taking 480 dollars away every year, FOR THE NEXT 12.5 YEARS). Which would bring the time frame up to more like 15 years before you break even (once again that is without the extra cost of replacing the battery pack).

I dont think I have to bring up the cost of the Prius if you just happen to get into an accident that totals the car before the 12.5 (plus the 2.5 years) is up.

You asked for it, you idiot. There it is in simple terms so that even you can get it.

Addict
    08-11-2009, 03:37 PM #9
    I posted a study earlier that shows the Prius saves you money in comparison
    to a similar car. You saw it and did NOTHING to refute it. Should i post it again?

Addict
    08-11-2009, 03:40 PM #10
    By the way Its a much more comprehensive study than your figures and takes into account many more things. When i am done with my work over the next
    2 days i will post it again for the ignorant putz.

Page 1 of 3 123