Page 61 of 77 ... 1151596061626371 ...
    08-14-2009, 04:17 PM #601
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    I have small boutique coffee roasting company in Charlotte, NC. www.dilworthcoffee.com
    Hey sandy that rules!!! I am solely a fresh roasted/fresh ground/french press guy. There are a couple of pretty awesome coffee places around me. I am considering getting a countertop roaster soon, have you ever used one? Can you suggest any? Thinking of taking my brewing to the next level with a small bodum vacuum too!
    How in depth do you get into the coffee selection? Do you ever get to go to south america to visit the plantations?

08-14-2009, 04:18 PM #602
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hey Sean....take it from experience. Find yourself some work that you love. The day will pass by quickly, you'll enjoy what you do and it won't seem like WORK. I've been doing what I love since 1993 and haven't been to 'work' since then....lol.
    I love what I do (although golfing or fishing for a living would be great), I just hate the people I have to deal with. A bit of a catch 22

08-14-2009, 04:23 PM #603
    atm what is it you do?

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 04:24 PM #604
    Nodded off siting here at lunch ... been that kind of week.

Nice BEHL bomb there, hopefully it will perk things up come Monday ...

Back to the grind.

Bill, we got a little contest tonight, eh?

Go 9ers

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 04:24 PM #605
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i think the optimal play is take out your original investment. ride the free shares. if it declines to form the handle buy in using your "original investment" around 3. and just pray the pattern completes with a breakout!!!

added this on edit : or instead of using full buying power at around 3, maybe half buying power at around 3 and the other half on a confirmed breakout of the handle. hows that strategy sound?
    Yeah, thanks for the advice, was on the fence... ends up my original low cost buy was a partial fill, so the math worked out pretty good, pretty much pulled the original out, +/- a couple of bucks, not worth counting.

Luckily, it rallied a little during my drive to work, so I scooted at $4.16. Hopefully, it will form a new pattern with a clear buy point above or below that resistance line.. but at least if it tanks, I'm clear.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 04:39 PM #606
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    dr d, i posted a link to your elliot T/A of sirius into the sirius thread. relmor (a pretty cool guy) had some thoughts, since i am not versed in it yet. maybe you can reply to his post if you have time, i am curious to see how that conversation goes.
    Yeah, if you notice, I only post there when I see you or Bill have been there. I rarely post there, as they simply argue too much and try to bash each other's street cred. When I first joined the site, I tried to chime in there, but they attacked me pretty hard, so I quit looking over there. That's why I refrained from posting a SIRI chart here for so long, I didn't want the daily price prediction wars to start over here. Those guys are way to sirious over there. I like this thread, cause you can put in your 2 cents, whether newbie to trading or a quasi-old-timer know it all, but you don't get bashed, and there aren't endless arguments as to who predicted the right price, which as far as I'm concerned is silly... since there aren't high probability ways to do that on a daily price and time scale (day in and day out), you only can get those some of the time, ie. with TA, you can call a target, but when it gets there, unless its close and there is momentum, who knows when it will hit... moreover, a TA guy knows they won't all hit anyway... and that you can only make the probability call infrequently. The rest of the time you sit and wait for the patterns and such to show up. Sometimes, I think they need to split that thread into intraday for traders, and notintraday for longs... likely less fights that way. When I first logged on, I assumed the thread, based on the name was for strictly traders, ie. no reason a long term person should watch ticks all day... a daily chart is used for timing, but its the monthly/weekly they should look at, not where the price is every 15 mins. Anyway, I left a brief reply, but I don't want to argue over there.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 04:39 PM #607
    911 - going to go grab a coke

08-14-2009, 04:47 PM #608
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    atm what is it you do?
    I am an atm engineer/technician/instructor. Everytime you guys pay that 1.50 surcharge when you get money out, your paying my salary. Thanks

08-14-2009, 04:58 PM #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Nodded off siting here at lunch ... been that kind of week.

Nice BEHL bomb there, hopefully it will perk things up come Monday ...

Back to the grind.

Bill, we got a little contest tonight, eh?

Go 9ers
    Hey Tib, though a Raven fan over here I will be watching tonight. My boss lives in Co. and is a huge Denver fan. He travels here every other week and all we talk is football. I'm also consumed by my fantasy league so I try to watch as many games as possible and Denver could be interesting this year as well as the 9ers. I think Hill will get the job over Alex Smith this year.

08-14-2009, 05:05 PM #610
    Did everybody catch that enormous volume on bcle today...NOT. I think that's an all-time low for any stock I've ever watched. Just a smidge over 153K wooohooo!!