Page 49 of 77 ... 39474849505159 ...
    Guru
    08-13-2009, 09:17 PM #481
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill, I do believe that you left off one very important piece to completing a job like this...2 bottles of Makers!
    Well, since you brought this up... This morning, my buddy Bill (not me), had his first shot of whiskey in 20 years. Like breakfast. He say my Makers bottle and asked me if he could take a look at the label. Then he asked if he could have a shot. I said sure! I went and got a shot glass (which holds three real shots) and poured one for him. Well, about 20 minutes later his speech was stammering. I didn't say anything but was chuckling on the inside.

Anyway..

Guru
    08-13-2009, 09:19 PM #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    how hot is it in the south?

holy smokes i had to lift a few boxes today and walk up and down a few stairs and i'm dying!!! i haven't done that kind of labour in like 6 months!
    I hope that you didn't get a hernia.

08-13-2009, 09:30 PM #483
    So I know you guys looks down on this kind of stuff and dont suggest it, BUT, earlier today i was doing the bored douche trader thing, and decided to email bill g00dwin, The president of T m D energy and director of TOGA just to feel him out. I was very very polite and explained to him my concerns with the caveat emptor tag that has been placed on mglg and the lack of communication from the company. I basically asked him for a little piece of mind because he is the only one even remotely connected with magellan that anyone can get in touch with. Here is his reply:
    Mr. TheTree,
    Not only am I a director of TOGA, I am president of T m D Energy, a partner with magellan in some Tenessee projects. The info that magellan is providing in news releases and on the website is accurate. The lack of communication to shareholders via fax and phone is well outside our responsibility.
    Please understand TOGA is a trade association and doesnt regulate in any way our members. If you are unable to communicate with magellan, i am surprised to learn you continue to buy shares.
    -Bill G00dwin.

I am going to respond to him thanking him and appologize because I actually thought that TOGA was a regulatory body.

i hope this doesnt end up on Ispoke. please give thoughts and we can delete it.

Guru
    08-13-2009, 09:46 PM #484
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill!!!!

I need to remodel all three of my showers/baths...Ugly...ass...plain...white tile...you know...the cheapest of the cheap!

I did the floors myself...looks good...hope it sticks!!!!!

Shit is expensive! $2500 for main shower...$1200 per bathtub! How does that sound to you! Plus...i buy materials!!!

Hope your wife appreciates your hard work! Just hand a glass of Makers...she'll love what you have done!

BTW- up 4K on SiriusXM! Woohoo!!! Now...if mglg and bcle would just cooperate!
    That sounds just about right. I charge $1200 to tile a tub/shower plus materials.

My wife was thrilled, as I didn't tell her that I was going to do it.

Mentor
    08-13-2009, 09:46 PM #485

For the bassman....

Ok Bass -

Here goes....

Shipping:

The BDI has formed a channel - I have a 150 SMA on the chart, to mimick a 30 SMA for a weekly, it appears to be rebounding close to it, and hopefully headed to the upper part of the channel....

That said, lets look at the shipping index....

Today, it appears to have gotten a little jump - we have the ABC down, and what appears to be 1 and possibly 2. So, I took a look at some ships...

We always start with the fundamental leader.....

Mentor
    08-13-2009, 09:47 PM #486
    Tree

Just tell him that you got your investing advice from a home health physical therapist, a couple of handymen, a tow truck driver, and a canadian who just started trading about a month ago...Maybe he will throw you a bone and give you some good information...that will let him know how serious we are here!LOL

Sorry Bass, left off the poker playing fisherman!

Sorry...Sorry...forgot the carpenters!!!!
    Last edited by just sirius; 08-13-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: fuX2

08-13-2009, 09:47 PM #487
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    So I know you guys looks down on this kind of stuff and dont suggest it, BUT, earlier today i was doing the bored douche trader thing, and decided to email bill g00dwin, The president of T m D energy and director of TOGA just to feel him out. I was very very polite and explained to him my concerns with the caveat emptor tag that has been placed on mglg and the lack of communication from the company. I basically asked him for a little piece of mind because he is the only one even remotely connected with magellan that anyone can get in touch with. Here is his reply:
    Mr. TheTree,
    Not only am I a director of TOGA, I am president of T m D Energy, a partner with magellan in some Tenessee projects. The info that magellan is providing in news releases and on the website is accurate. The lack of communication to shareholders via fax and phone is well outside our responsibility.
    Please understand TOGA is a trade association and doesnt regulate in any way our members. If you are unable to communicate with magellan, i am surprised to learn you continue to buy shares.
    -Bill G00dwin.

I am going to respond to him thanking him and appologize because I actually thought that TOGA was a regulatory body.

i hope this doesnt end up on Ispoke. please give thoughts and we can delete it.
    you know, at first read I thought passively about what Bill said but after a second read I'm not sure about his last sentence??? He's surprised you buy shares from a member of his association??? Before that he said that the info provided so far by magellan is accurate so he should understand that's why we buy shares. Interesting but confusing or I'm reading way too much into it.

Mentor
    08-13-2009, 09:49 PM #488
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i take it as face value. no interpretation. a statement of facts with an opinion of one's investment strategy. like i said before , the only doubt for me is the validity. if its genuine, then it confirms magellan's existence and purpose. another fact is only 2 people know the answer to the validity of the email, bill g and thetree...

thetree -- what you did is not a douche move IMO. any DD you can get is plus information. dont take my posts as an insult or a stab at you and i am not trying to embarress you. you brought up a piece of information to this board and i am giving my opinion. if that email is real, i am happy. so since you know whether the email is real or not, then i should answer any doubts you have regarding MGLG.

i feel my opinions may not go well with some people. like for the past few days ive been bearish short term on qasp or whether i question the validity of an email. i will continue to give my opinion until it is decided by the board users i am useless and a negative to the goal of making money. it is great to make wonderful friends here, but my main goal is to learn and make money and perhaps teach others the same. i am accomplishing that with the help of all of you. if theres something i can bring to the table i will try my best it is reasonable and logical and HONEST. i will not sugarcoat anything ( but i will try not hurt any feelings). ty and gl
    Can you see my last post? Just posted some charts on shipping.. .the message board says I was last to post, just don't see it.

Mentor
    08-13-2009, 09:49 PM #489
    Bill

Nice...complete suprise! Nice tactic!!

Thanks for the info...How long does it take start to finish for bathtub/shower

Mentor
    08-13-2009, 09:52 PM #490
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Can you see my last post? Just posted some charts on shipping.. .the message board says I was last to post, just don't see it.
    there is something weird with the posts tonight. i just seen your post to me now, p.s. the charts didnt post

Page 49 of 77 ... 39474849505159 ...