08-07-2009, 09:34 PM #1

Presets......

I own a newer version of the Starmate and have all 30 presets used yet I get only a few alerts. At times when I find a band or song I know I have preset I try to save it again in the memory and it won't let me. Is there something I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Howard

08-12-2009, 02:46 AM #2
    i have the sportster 5.. the most up to date radio sirius has(bs mirge) i have 30 set like you and rarely do they all come up.

I might have solution I noticved when i first turn on radio the alerts always come up but when its been on 1h+ it seems to shrink down to a few

So all i can say is i feel ya and just turn radio off then on

Enthusiast
    08-12-2009, 03:45 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan View Post
    I own a newer version of the Starmate and have all 30 presets used yet I get only a few alerts. At times when I find a band or song I know I have preset I try to save it again in the memory and it won't let me. Is there something I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Howard
    This has been a bit of a common problem with newer starmate radios. The problem stems from a set of preset strips on the circuit board not being lined up properly. When you push the button, either nothing happens or it will preset on the wrong number. If you recently bought this radio I would get it replaced from who you purchased it from. If not then I can assist you in fixing this problem yourself.