Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    08-07-2009, 02:51 AM #1

GOP is Propogating falsehoods

Guru
    08-07-2009, 07:26 AM #2
    Hummmm, While it is true that the congressional bill does say that if you lose your insuranse for any reason you will be forced into the government plan. That means when you switch jobs you no longer can have the new companies insurance you will have to take the governments plan. So I ask what the hell is that if it is not forcing all into a government plan.

Second I dont know this guy but somehow I doubt he put up to much of a fuss when Sen. J Kerry called our troops terrorist, or Sen. H Reid said the war was lost before the surge, or D Durban said our troops are no better then the Gastopo, or Mertha accusing our troops of killing innocent Iraqies in cold blood (which he has still not apologized for even after they were found to be innocent), or A. Gore screaming at the top of his lungs that Bush scared us into this war, and lets not forget Obama that accused our troops of air raiding innocent Afgans. Need I go on. I will end this with a little reminder of what H. Clinton screamed, "That I am sick and tired of people that say if we disagree or speak out against this President that we are unpatriotic. I say that to disagree and to speak against what we think is wrong to be patriotic."

Humm, how things change as soon as the same thing they have done, are done against the democrats, what a double standard.

What else is new

Addict
    08-07-2009, 09:46 AM #3
    As usual John you avoid the FACTS of the article. What else is new?

You never let facts get in the way of your opinion. The author of the article has criticized Democrats often. He calls them like he sees them.

Refute any point he makes in the article. Go ahead.

Addict
    08-07-2009, 09:52 AM #4

Guru
    08-07-2009, 05:31 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    As usual John you avoid the FACTS of the article. What else is new?

You never let facts get in the way of your opinion. The author of the article has criticized Democrats often. He calls them like he sees them.

Refute any point he makes in the article. Go ahead.

OMG, can you not read. What was the first paragraph in my last comment all about you idiot all. The congressional side of the bill contradicts the article and bolsters exactly what the GOP is saying. It is obvious the auther of this article has not even taken the time to read the house side of the bill himself that is not the amazing part though the amazing part is that Obama hasn't ether. so there is no confusion on your part I will repost that part of my comment again;

"Hummmm, While it is true that the congressional bill does say that if you lose your insuranse for any reason you will be forced into the government plan. That means when you switch jobs you no longer can have the new companies insurance you will have to take the governments plan. So I ask what the hell is that if it is not forcing all into a government plan."

Once again I feel the need to remind you to collect your thoughts before you respond to a comment.

Guru
    08-07-2009, 06:36 PM #6

First I would like to say that if lloyd Handwerker could collect his thoughts before he writes there also would be no need for me to post again.

Second I will start off with the web sites disclaimer:

"Tim has been an online organizer and blogger on health care policy for the Obama for America campaign (during the primaries) and currently for the Committee of Interns and Residents/SEIU Healthcare, a labor union for intern and resident doctors. Views expressed here are Tim's, and don't represent the positions of CIR or SEIU."

Congressional side of the bill is in black and white it is clear as day and what it states is that if you lose your health insurance for any reason that you will be force into the the governments plans. (there loyd I added an "s" on the end of "plan" for you). Fact, if you decide to switch jobs and you like the carrier of that employers insurance and it just so happens that the next employer you goto also uses that carrier you will not be able to get it. you have to use one of the governments plans. The case is the same even if the new employer uses some other insurance carrier unless they are already using one of the government plans you will be forced to go through the government to get your insurance.

Many may not know this but Hawaiians tried a state form of heath care. Do you want to know what happen in the end. They had to stop the program, the reason is it became to expensive and expansive. You know why, because when they offered it of course when a free option was offered (well not really free, it was being paid for by the tax dollars of the Hawaiian citizens) to many people said, why should I pay for insurance twice, Once in taxes and once in premiums. THE PROGRAM WENT BROKE and was ended. How can a privarte insurance provider compete with a free one, or one that does not have to worry about the bottom line (the governments bottom line is your tax dollars)

I will now tell people about what is happening in Mass, where they are trying a different form of state run health insurance. The state has just said it will have to cut off LEGAL immigrants, thats right LEGAL. The reason is because it cant take on the extra cost anymore. Just imagine when 18 million illegal immigrants are added to the rolls. Who pays for it, thats right you will ether in longer waits to see a over worked underpaid doctor, and in taxes being increased.

There are reasons that the Treasury Secretary was unwilling to back away from a tax increase for the middle class (in an interview on meet the press). His statement on this subject is, "it would be ridiculous for us to take any options off the table". Congressmen Rangle and several other democrats have said basically that a tax increase on most people maybe the only why to go.

Addict
    08-07-2009, 06:38 PM #7
    Did you refute any points in the article that i posted to start this thread? just
    wondering because that was the point of it all. LOL.

I will research the house of representatives bill and see if you have any legs to stand on.

Just to be clear. You are saying that if you lose your insurance for any reason
    (loss of job, non payment cancellation etc) you ARE AUTOMATICALLY FORCED INTO THE GOVT PLAN under the House of Representatives proposal?

You do know that the bill is not in its final form and is still being discussed in House and Senate?

Addict
    08-07-2009, 06:49 PM #8
    And i quote Richard Pearlstein directly

"Under any plan likely to emerge from Congress, the VAST MAJORITY of Americans who are not old or poor will continue to buy health insurance from private companies, continue to get their health care from doctors in private
    practice and continue to be treated at privately owned hospitals."

"So the probability that a public-run insurance plan is about to drive every private insurer out of business- the Republican nightmare scenario-- is
    APPROXIMTELY ZERO."

Heard any of this refuted by Republican Right Winger John? Naaahhhhhhh!

And there is so much more... Time to enjoy my a beautiful Friday evening.
    Have a good one.

Guru
    08-07-2009, 07:14 PM #9
    Did you refute any points in the article that i posted to start this thread? just
    wondering because that was the point of it all. LOL.

I will research the house of representatives bill and see if you have any legs to stand on.

Just to be clear. You are saying that if you lose your insurance for any reason
    (loss of job, non payment cancellation etc) you ARE AUTOMATICALLY FORCED INTO THE GOVT PLAN under the House of Representatives proposal?

You do know that the bill is not in its final form and is still being discussed in House and Senate?

OMG, YES you twit, anyone with an IQ of 100 or better would say that it was a direct answer towards your article. Are you that much of a retard that you just dont get it.

A basic breakdown of the article you put up and hence the title of the thread. Is that when the GOP says that you will be forced to use the governments plan that the article trys to state that it is not true. The problem with the article is the congressional bill says what the GOP is saying is true. Once again that part that directly debates your article;

"Hummmm, While it is true that the congressional bill does say that if you lose your insuranse for any reason you will be forced into the government plan. That means when you switch jobs you no longer can have the new companies insurance you will have to take the governments plan. So I ask what the hell is that if it is not forcing all into a government plan."

Yes, for any reason.

Yes the facts do not change that from what we have seen so far, is the congressional bill the senate is still working on theirs the fact is that there are not any republicans in on the bill so what is going to change except some of what the blue dogs want, which has just been releast that 100 million will be saved out of a 1.2 to 1.5 trillion bill. Boy that is something isn't it.

Guru
    08-07-2009, 07:31 PM #10
    And i quote Richard Pearlstein directly

"Under any plan likely to emerge from Congress, the VAST MAJORITY of Americans who are not old or poor will continue to buy health insurance from private companies, continue to get their health care from doctors in private
    practice and continue to be treated at privately owned hospitals."

"So the probability that a public-run insurance plan is about to drive every private insurer out of business- the Republican nightmare scenario-- is
    APPROXIMTELY ZERO."

Heard any of this refuted by Republican Right Winger John? Naaahhhhhhh!

And there is so much more... Time to enjoy my a beautiful Friday evening.
    Have a good one.

First of all I think you mean Steven not Richard, The article author you first put up is Steven Pearlstein not Richard Pearlstein

Second there you go again using a article that is false and directly contradicts what the house side of the bill that is presently out says. Even he has enough common sense to say "LIKELY" excuse me if I dont agree when the bill the house presently has in front of them and are trying to pass says something totally different.

And yes you better take the rest of the day, hell the rest of the weekend (it may take even longer then that, try a year) to collect your thoughts and come back when you have an ounce of common sense.

Page 1 of 2 12