Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    08-05-2009, 11:03 AM #1

John how do you like that "cash for clunkers" govt program?

One last post before i leave for work. Couldnt resist

Just curious if you opposed the program?
    Do you support the additional 2 billion?
    How do you like the fact that the Prius is #4 on the most bought list?
    Still think that hybrids dont work? Or do you think the American people are dumb?
    Again have a nice day its always fun banging up against your putz brain.

Guru
    08-05-2009, 09:08 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    One last post before i leave for work. Couldnt resist

Just curious if you opposed the program?
    Do you support the additional 2 billion?
    How do you like the fact that the Prius is #4 on the most bought list?
    Still think that hybrids dont work? Or do you think the American people are dumb?
    Again have a nice day its always fun banging up against your putz brain.

No I dont like it. It is a waste of money that the US doesn't have. Forget the fact the numbers are already not adding up. A good reason the government should stay away from heath care. I dont care if it helps SIRIXM or not I would rather I lose the 140,000 I have tied up in SIRIXM then see my country go down the tubes. Then there is the big picture most miss andf that is that everyone of the people that buy a car under this program are not going to need a car in the near future. So what happens then dipshit. I know, I know, You democrats never think about the unentended proplems that come out of your programs, it is the thought that counted right.

As for the Prius being only number four should be a worry for you. The whole program exist to get rid of the higher MPG cars and put poeple in lower MPG cars. The terms require that a car have so many more MPG then the one being traded in. If anything it proves my point when you have every possible government program out to try and get people to buy these types of cars and they are not it should tell you something. The god dam car has the backing of the full US democrat controled government and it still lags.

And once again they dont work because take away all the government programs and incentives and the the numbers bore out that it would drop off the face of the earth. Then again I guess when the government starts to pay for half of the car you are going to come back here and say see john they are number one. You see were your logic fails.

As for the American people being dumb, no they are not. Hell you pay for a big chunck of my car and I will buy whatever car they are offering to pay that big chunk on. Dipshit do you get it yet, without the government subsidies the car is not economical for people to buy, hence why all the government money being put into it.

There is one undisputable fact if the car was economical it would not need any government money people would be breaking down the dealer doors to get them. Which would mean OEMs would only be making them. That is not happening.

Also from your favorite news source the New York Times, did you see the article "The summer that never was". Every day more and more scientist change their minds on global warming. Did you see the latest poll in Germany 62% want Merkel to get out of the KYOTO accord. what I tell you, dumbass.
    Last edited by john; 08-05-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Addict
    08-05-2009, 09:53 PM #3
    I quess i am not surprised you dont like it.
    You must have meant the program was designed to replace low mpg cars with higher mpg cars (you said the opposite). Dont have the statistics at hand but people are buying cars that are on the average getting 10 + miles mpg more than their junkers. So it seems to be doing what it was designed to do and in fact it is doing better than some people like Diane Feinstein and Susan Collins thought. i believe they have dropped their attempt to change the legislation and put in a provision that mandated a higher increase in MPG than currently in the legislation.

Absolutely not worried about the Prius. Its growing in popularity. For a hybrid car to be # 4 in purchases is quite an accomplishment. it would be increasing #'s whether the govt helps or not. All car companies will have hybrids, hybrid plug-ins and even electric cars in their lineup by
    2013. As i have said before those cars in addition to clean diesel will start to
    take over the market slowly but surely.
    I quess you didnt read my post of the study that showed the Prius saves the purchaser quite a bit of money. Cant be any more clear than the study. Had hoped you had read it. Dont agree obviously that the Prius need helps but in my world there is nothing wrong with encouraging people to switch from cars that get under 18 mph in exchange for a car that gets over 50 mpg. I think its interesting that you probably never complained about the many bilions that the govt has given to the coal, gas, oil and nuclear industry over many years.

Can you post the article you are talking about in the times " the summer that never was"? and the statistics on scientists changing their minds on global warming? What is the % of Germans that believe in global warming?
    What did they want to replace the kyoto accord with i believe the Germans have one of the largest if not the largest solar business growth of any country. I will check up on that.

Addict
    08-05-2009, 11:37 PM #4
    "the pew survey found that 6 of 10 Germans believe global warming is a serious problem and 77% believe that the government needs to protect the environment even if it causes slower economic growth and job loss"

This survey was released this week! So dont quite get what you are trying to say about German population.

Guru
    08-06-2009, 01:11 PM #5
    "the pew survey found that 6 of 10 Germans believe global warming is a serious problem and 77% believe that the government needs to protect the environment even if it causes slower economic growth and job loss"

This survey was released this week! So dont quite get what you are trying to say about German population.

All those surveys were from the Hannity radio show goto his web site and you may learn something.

Addict
    08-06-2009, 01:24 PM #6
    It didnt say what the Germans wanted to replace Kyoto with. All you have to is post the Hannity poll on this site like i do with other polls and statements.

The Pew poll from this week clearly shows that Germans believe by a large majority (60%) in global warming and want to protect the environment (77%) to the extent that they are willing to accept lower economic growth .
    So i still dont no what you are trying to say about the German population.

Addict
    08-06-2009, 01:26 PM #7
    One correction. 60% of Germans said Global warming was a SERIOUS PROBLEM. More believed that Global warming was real and man made.

Guru
    08-06-2009, 01:38 PM #8
    It didnt say what the Germans wanted to replace Kyoto with. All you have to is post the Hannity poll on this site like i do with other polls and statements.

The Pew poll from this week clearly shows that Germans believe by a large majority (60%) in global warming and want to protect the environment (77%) to the extent that they are willing to accept lower economic growth .
    So i still dont no what you are trying to say about the German population.

I never said your poll was false. What I said is the poll I got was from the Hannity Radio show. there are numberous polls out. I am not going to waste time going to his site and getting the transcript for you unless you will admit, if I do, that you were wrong. Are you going to do that.

Addict
    08-06-2009, 01:47 PM #9
    admit i was wrong about what? All i said in response to your post is please show me the poll and asked if it said what Germans wanted to replace Kyoto
    with. then i presented the recent Pew poll which any neutral person would acknowledge is reputable. Who conducted the poll from Hannity. I also asked you to back up your claim that scientists are leaving the global warming camp and have seen no response.

Also i think it behooves anyone who wants to prove a point to present as many polls as possible from reputable sources. i would think you would agree thats
    the best way to get the closest to the facts. So rather than one poll from (?)
    Sean Hannity show me some more to prove a point

Guru
    08-06-2009, 01:58 PM #10
    admit i was wrong about what? All i said in response to your post is please show me the poll and asked if it said what Germans wanted to replace Kyoto
    with. then i presented the recent Pew poll which any neutral person would acknowledge is reputable. Who conducted the poll from Hannity. I also asked you to back up your claim that scientists are leaving the global warming camp and have seen no response.

Also i think it behooves anyone who wants to prove a point to present as many polls as possible from reputable sources. i would think you would agree thats
    the best way to get the closest to the facts. So rather than one poll from (?)
    Sean Hannity show me some more to prove a point

and I told you all you have to do is go to the Hannity site siffed through all the material and you will find it. Hannity has well over 3 million listeners I dont have to prove what I heard they already know it and I am sorry I am not going to spend that kind of time for your dumb ass.

I'll tell you what you answer the 2 questions I asked on the other thread and I will pull up some links for you, you can bet on that.

Page 1 of 2 12