06-11-2007, 07:07 PM #1

Now that the clock has started.....

First off- Great website/format Tyler

2nd Now that the clock has started, As part of the discovery process will Sirius/XM now have to explain on the details on channels, lifetime sub's, rates, duplication of services, compatible receivers, etc, etc,- I think once this is all spelled out to the FCC it will be clear that this merger is for the best and will benefit subscribers and will really give the NAB no leg to stand on.

Head Honcho
    06-11-2007, 11:16 PM #2

I can't take the credit

Thank you for the compliments, but I can not take the credit for the site or the layout. That credit goes to the founder of Sirius Buzz. We will be making site improvements as time passes, and that will include writer/contributor profiles.

regarding your question.

I would not look for any clarity on pricing other than what has already been given. It would be bad business practice to disclose that type of pricing detail prior to merger approval. You don't want to float out a lower price that is possible with merger synergies, and god forbid the merger then fails. Consumers will have the lower price stuck in their heads.

Receivers is another issue. There will be some new hardware released, but interoperable hardware capable of the full spectrum will likely be a CES 2008 announcement if the merger passes by then.

Now it is possible that the FCC process will bring about more detail, but they are sensitive to the situation, so it will be a while yet.

Head Honcho
    06-12-2007, 01:18 AM #3

That's OK

I cant take credit for any kind of actual useful information that comes through the site
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-12-2007, 07:26 AM #4
    Sorry Charles-
    Congrats on a great website.

I really hope the merger goes through,with the synergy of both companies together- My main concern as everyone elses is- will the existing channels that are non duplicated remain?- For example both have Rock channels- but I love 1st Wave on Sirius and have many special programs each week you can't find anywhere- XM has Fred, Lucy etc- but they are much different- It would make sense for both Sirius and XM to have a sitiuation where they want to keep and add subscribers rather than lose. I hope that this type of information is disclosed.

Head Honcho
    06-12-2007, 02:33 PM #5

sat radio Dude

I think more information will become available as time passes. The more popular channels for each service have the best chances of remaining in my opinion. There will be a bit of a learning curve. People nade a choice about service at some point, and the merged company will have a goal of satisfying as many people as possible. The faster receivers that are capable of the full spectrum arrive, the faster we will see a better variety in services
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder