Page 2 of 2 12
    Addict
    08-05-2009, 10:15 PM #11

Smile

Wow John you sound a little unhinged. i wiil bet you any amount of Sirius stock(at todays price) that the US will not have a single payer health system in 10 years after the Obama administrations health plan is passed this year.
    We can devise a way to put our money in escrow so the bet wil be legitimate. We do agree on what single payer system is right? It would be one without private health insurance companies right? Dont get wacky on me?
    The bill that will be passed is not a single payer system. As i said before i support one like the VA has. So i should know because its not what i want.
    If you asked Ben Nelson and other moderates in the Democratic party you would find out that they oppose almost any public option and could satisfy you that it wont be a single payer system . You dont have to take my word for it.

I can throw a lot of polls and statistics around too that show the opposite of what you said but I have already learned that does no good. Even when i show you studies of the high level of misperception of Fox viewers you refuse to acknowledge that fact. Whats a guy to do?
    As you probably know since you watch and listen to Fox the Obama administrations strategy has been to let the Congress craft the bill and therefore no one will know everything that is in the bill until its in its final
    form. Its still being designed then on most major points there is widespread agreement.

Once again you refused to accept the bets that i proposed. Whats a guy to do?

Mentor
    08-08-2009, 11:57 AM #12
    Lloyd

maybe we should have gone to this new,fantastic healthcare system that you and your fanatical far left liberals want so bad...if we had, Ted kennedy wouln't be here today, Eunice Kennedy Shriver...would be dead in less than a week...and my mother as well as yours will be standing in line waiting months for healthcare(if they haven't already passed) due the YOUR plan!

Answer one question- If this plan is so good for the people...why won't the members of Congress put themselves and their familes on it! It's going to be that good isn't it!

10-1 you can't answer the question!

Mentor
    08-08-2009, 12:15 PM #13
    latest Rasmussen poll

Lloyd- spin this for us!

Confidence in U.S. Health Care System Has Grown in Recent Months
    Monday, August 03, 2009 Email to a Friend ShareThis.Advertisement
    Forty-eight percent (48%) of U.S. voters now rate the U.S. health care system as good or excellent. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just 19% rate it as poor.

These figures reflect a significant increase in support for the health care system over the past few months. In May, just 35% of adults nationwide rated the system as good or excellent. A year ago, just 29% of Likely Voters rated the system in such positive terms.

The new polling also shows that 80% of those with insurance rate their own coverage as good or excellent. That’s up from 70% in May.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter.

There is a huge partisan gap on perceptions of the U.S. health care system. Seven-out-of-10 Republicans rate it as good or excellent, but only one-of-four Democrats agree. Among those not affiliated with either major political party, 53% rate the current system as good or excellent while just 18% say it’s poor.

Over the past few months, as the health care reform debate has raged, confidence in the current system has increased significantly among Republicans and unaffiliated voters. There has been little change among Democrats.

Just 28% say they are willing to pay higher taxes so that all Americans can have health insurance. Sixty percent (60%) are opposed. Those figures are little changed since May.

Recent polling has shown that cost, not universal coverage, is the top concern about health care.

Seventy-four percent (74%) of voters rate the quality of care they receive as good or excellent. In May, just 62% of adults said the same.

Just seven percent (7%) now rate the quality of care they receive as poor. That’s little changed since May.

Polling last week showed that 47% of voters favor the health care reform plan working its way through Congress while 49% are opposed. However, those who oppose it show more intensity: Just 25% Strongly Favor the legislation while 41% are Strongly Opposed.

Seventy-eight percent (78%) say it’s likely the passage of health care reform will lead to higher taxes for the middle class

Guru
    08-10-2009, 11:53 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Wow John you sound a little unhinged. i wiil bet you any amount of Sirius stock(at todays price) that the US will not have a single payer health system in 10 years after the Obama administrations health plan is passed this year.
    We can devise a way to put our money in escrow so the bet wil be legitimate. We do agree on what single payer system is right? It would be one without private health insurance companies right? Dont get wacky on me?
    The bill that will be passed is not a single payer system. As i said before i support one like the VA has. So i should know because its not what i want.
    If you asked Ben Nelson and other moderates in the Democratic party you would find out that they oppose almost any public option and could satisfy you that it wont be a single payer system . You dont have to take my word for it.

I can throw a lot of polls and statistics around too that show the opposite of what you said but I have already learned that does no good. Even when i show you studies of the high level of misperception of Fox viewers you refuse to acknowledge that fact. Whats a guy to do?
    As you probably know since you watch and listen to Fox the Obama administrations strategy has been to let the Congress craft the bill and therefore no one will know everything that is in the bill until its in its final
    form. Its still being designed then on most major points there is widespread agreement.

Once again you refused to accept the bets that i proposed. Whats a guy to do?

First of all as I said before you try to make the dumbest bets I have ever seen, not surprising after seeing who they are coming from. Next as I have also said It was Obama himself that had said that is exactly what he wants and to back it up the democrat house put just the proposal that would do that in the bill they are writting.

As for any polls on FOX I have already proved your polls to be false and I am still waiting for the answers to the questions on that matter. Here they are again.

1) Are chemical weapons considered weapons of mass destruction?

2) Where there artillary shells with chemical warheads found in Iraq?

3) What is the use for "Yellow Cake"?

4) Was there tons and tons of "Yellow Cake" also in Iraq?

The true answers to those questions will tell anyone wheather the poll (you gave as an example) was correct or not. Questions 2, and 4 only require a simple YES or NO as answers.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 12:20 PM #15
    OK, I was waiting for lloyd the dipshit to take the bait but he wont bit. So I will give the link. This will prove that there were weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2006...eds-wmds-iraq/

Now weather they were what the Bush administration was talking about or not does not matter to any poll that has a question like; "Was there weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq". After reading the link the simple answer is; YES there was. Once again I proved that the poll lloyd put up was false and could not be trusted.

Chaulk another one up to common sense and logic.

Addict
    08-10-2009, 02:33 PM #16
    Since you refuse any polls i provide to back up my beliefs can you provide me with one reputable (no not sean hannity.lol) that demostrates that fox viewers score high numbers around truthful knowlwdge of the issues?

your playing mighty cute with the weapons question Really silly
    Once again for the masses.
    "The biggest disappointment of my administration was not finding any weapons of mass destruction"

That was a quote from George Bush the guy who MOST wanted to find them you can play all the silly games you want and call other people"dumbshits"
    but i think most reasonable know what that question meant.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 02:50 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Since you refuse any polls i provide to back up my beliefs can you provide me with one reputable (no not sean hannity.lol) that demostrates that fox viewers score high numbers around truthful knowlwdge of the issues?

your playing mighty cute with the weapons question Really silly
    Once again for the masses.
    "The biggest disappointment of my administration was not finding any weapons of mass destruction"

That was a quote from George Bush the guy who MOST wanted to find them you can play all the silly games you want and call other people"dumbshits"
    but i think most reasonable know what that question meant.

I already told you the qintapeac poll already showed that FOX was the most fare with its coverage of the election.

For the first time for those that do not watch FOX here is the official administration response. I took this directly from the same article I linked to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.

"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."

The official said the findings did raise questions about the years of weapons inspections that had not resulted in locating the fairly sizeable stash of chemical weapons. And he noted that it may say something about Hussein's intent and desire. The report does suggest that some of the weapons were likely put on the black market and may have been used outside Iraq.

He also said that the Defense Department statement shortly after the March 2003 invasion saying that "we had all known weapons facilities secured," has proven itself to be untrue.

"It turned out the whole country was an ammo dump," he said, adding that on more than one occasion, a conventional weapons site has been uncovered and chemical weapons have been discovered mixed within them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to remind people of lloyd Handwerker poll inwhich he and the poll itself said that FOX viewers were the least knowledgable because they said that they believed that weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. Well now you all know that there were. You also now know why the Bush administration says what it says when it comes to this issue. Once again the poll question and what the Bush administration says are two different issues on the same subject.

Then again only a twit like lloyd Handwerker would not be able to see that or he is purposely trying to mislead people.
    Last edited by john; 08-10-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 03:40 PM #18
    I will keep this at the top until it is clear to everyone what a dumbshit lloyd Handwerker is. I am almost sure that lloyd Handwerker saw the same information from the constant side stepping he tried to do but was unwilling to give the true information because of his bias. Instead of just saying; "I was wrong along with the poll I gave", he tried to keep misleading people. That is not someone I would take seriously.
    Last edited by john; 08-10-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 12