Page 24 of 78 ... 1422232425263474 ...
    08-04-2009, 10:38 PM #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    "the street is looking forward"

therefore, promo sub losses due to auto malaise are already in the rear-view mirror Doc . . forward looking is next two Q's

"Mel is deliberate about not providing much guidance"

Mel is "calculating" Doc in providing no guidance other than EBITDA; he is explicit in not providing guidance as to other metrics (covered this in-depth several days ago)

"mountain of debt in the future"

the company is well capitalized thru 2010

The toxicology report is in Doc . . the only toxin found in the Sirius XM bloodstream is the "poison pill" that protects the NOL carry-forwards and prevents a lowball takeout offer.

Next patient please.
    Exactly. Forward looking is next 2 quarters. I don't think we will see major sub additions until mid next year. Just my opinion. I mean we have to add several hundred thousand subs just to get back to where we started before economic downturn.

I'm pretty sure deliberate and calculating can be used interchangeably there so we are on same page there.

Well capitalized thru 2010. Well 2010 is right around the corner. So, basically you're saying they are well capitalized for about 1.5 years. IMO, that's not enough given their debt load to make the street overly comfortable unless they demonstrate serious top line revenue growth soon.

Addict
    08-04-2009, 10:46 PM #232
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
    I was simply stating my reason why I don't think the stock will soar after this CC like the other gentleman thought it might. I don't really understand why you felt it necessary to respond with a sarcastic comment.
    'Cause that's a great discovery ! Isn't it ?

Addict
    08-04-2009, 10:48 PM #233
    Will this always happen ? Each time this issue climbs more that the usual, or drops more than the usual, there's a flood of posts from people that otherwise know nothing about this stock and probably don't even care more than I do.

I do not understand. A study should be made.

08-04-2009, 10:57 PM #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Will this always happen ? Each time this issue climbs more that the usual, or drops more than the usual, there's a flood of posts from people that otherwise know nothing about this stock and probably don't even care more than I do.

Perhaps you should design the study. And I can assure you I care about this stock as much as you. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here would I?

Guru
    08-04-2009, 10:57 PM #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post

"Hey everybody look were just sitting stagnant, what do you think is causing this to sit at .34 for 3 weeks straight"....not much to discuss there.

Guru
    08-04-2009, 11:05 PM #236
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post

Look at me, almost 400 posts. Is there an award for most inane
    posts?
    heres something..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    08-04-2009, 11:06 PM #237
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    It doesn't appear we will be down in the a.m. already 1.7 cents up to .56 after hours on pretty high volume from the norm.

There is alot of momentum for day traders and the shorts are getting murdered and are covering and shitting down their legs right now. The Cash for Clunkers extra 2 billion is the topper on the cake, so we hit at least .63 tomorrow and close at at least .60.

After that I have no clue what will happen Thurs after they report, but I can tell you it will be really volatile.
    tend to agree, have a sell in for 1/2 my position @.62, looking for a drop after cc, south of .45?, thursday will be interesting, GLTA....

08-04-2009, 11:11 PM #238
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    heres something..
    I dare not ask what is inscribed on it.
    Thanks, that will go on my shelf right next to my bowling
    trophies.

Julie

Guru
    08-04-2009, 11:21 PM #239
    LOL, it actually says thank you from the heart of our bottoms! (unintentionally)

08-04-2009, 11:26 PM #240
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    LOL, it actually says thank you from the heart of our bottoms! (unintentionally)
    Very appropriate, lol. Was this trophy yours?