Page 60 of 78 ... 1050585960616270 ...
    Mentor
    08-06-2009, 12:51 PM #591
    hey romo . . i just got hit with the 30 sec rule but this should break tripps record 5

Mentor
    08-06-2009, 12:53 PM #592
    $0.524 . . do I hear $0.525

some wicked retrace, huh?
    he-he

Mentor
    08-06-2009, 12:59 PM #593
    S-Kill,broken so you can't break romo's record,which is about 13,not finished digesting CC or report yet,will take a few days to let it sink in...SP is going to trade semi normal now and FCF positive for year as i said they would be 3 months ago is tracking better than expected especially with self pay subs down last 2 Q's...GAAP profit is just AROUND THE CORNER,and actually probably making first profit right now..

Mentor
    08-06-2009, 01:01 PM #594
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Big Ben, after seeing some more of the numbers I have to say If you are lucky enough to get back in at what you want (somewhere in the thirties), then I would get in and stay there for a while. The numbers are only going to improve from here till at least the 1st and 2nd quarter of next year.

jon I will have my dime ready I am going to say we have seen the last of the thirties if we hold near the .5 mark today.

P.S. At this point I am just playing the odds and common sense (while SIRIXM does not follow that to much), that we do not get that low again. If the numbers were alot worse then they were in this quarter then that was possible. I just dont think it is now.

Hey Numnuts,are trying to jinx the hell out of SP withy this post?

Common sense says buy and then buy some more,and oh yeah,i think you should buy even more....

Addict
    08-06-2009, 01:02 PM #595
    right...so what's the consensus here.....obviously SP not taking a big hit, so I'm figuring we bounce back mid afternoon and close green. There's no reason for SP to languish...we should see it move up a bit soon. others?

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-06-2009, 01:06 PM #596
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    right...so what's the consensus here.....obviously SP not taking a big hit, so I'm figuring we bounce back mid afternoon and close green. There's no reason for SP to languish...we should see it move up a bit soon. others?
    I agree! I also agree with Johnny. I've bought more today and I think the bouncing days are behind us.

08-06-2009, 01:12 PM #597

Next quarter

Might as well start commenting on this thing since I read it day and night.

All I can say is this: If you liked the run up to this quarter's CC, which wasn't anything hugely exciting in terms of numbers, how do you feel about the run up that will occur leading into next quarter's CC?

I feel like it's time to double down, and I'd be happy paying anywhere from .45 to .55 for the shares.

Addict
    08-06-2009, 01:13 PM #598
    Level II is showing that only orders at .52 filling. Buys sitting on the cheap side are not moving. heading up..

Mentor
    08-06-2009, 01:18 PM #599
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    nice . . . smooth . . . slow . . . steady . . . climb . . like a REAL stock for once

other good news from today's CC: Bash pieces don't work anymore; game over!

Because of that . . next news cycle will be all positive headlines in order to curry favor with readers . . except for JC's theculdesac.com will continue to try and foment until Goldman Sachs gives him the "hi-sign"

08-06-2009, 01:22 PM #600
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Ben, I am a retailer.

Our overall sales are down about 6% this year. But, that still puts us about 10% ahead of 1997. We sell only American made products and our customers love us for that effort.

Unemployment is improving. In other words, it's not rising as fast as it was. We are near the end of this recession.

You need to have a little more faith in your fellow American.

Look at Ford, Bank Of America, Citi Bank, GE, JetBlue, these are strong American companies that are recovering one way or another.

John McCain didn't know we were in a recession last fall. People like him don't know we're in a recovery now.

Short all you want, but the profit will be there for the longs.

That's just an opinion of an American who sell things made in America to other Americans
    1st post here in the stock thread (long time lurker).

I'm also a retailer. We are down ~25% on LY to date (sales) and worse on margin as the only sales volume we are getting is from (deep) discounting. The only growth we are seeing is international.

I agree with Big Ben that this Fall will see more (weaker) retailers fail, probably more than last Fall.

You seem to be doing ok though. 5% down is the new up