Page 16 of 78 ... 614151617182666 ...
    Guru
    08-04-2009, 02:56 PM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    ill cover any losses for anyone who can't get back in at .479 within a week.

I would need a drop to .42, before I buy this crap back again.

08-04-2009, 02:57 PM #152
    We had a low of .39 on 5/4 to a high of .55 only 3 days later on the 7th with 3 days of volume over 350 mil. That seemed much more dramatic than this.

Also, less than 2 months prior to that we were in the teens......very dramatic move in 60 days...........

NOW, things are CLEARLY better for SIRI and we're having trouble reaching the pre cc highs that we hit last time????????

Something is different

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i would say the runup is almost exactly as the last one

Enthusiast
    08-04-2009, 02:58 PM #153
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    Well i hope i dont hate myself tomorrow but i bought at .429 and just dumped at .529
    Congrats John.

Guru
    08-04-2009, 03:01 PM #154
    Im going to get back in at .44 later next week or so (unless it happens faster)

point being, if the CC is good then we are going to hold .50's not sky rocket out of reach, this runup is taking care of a good CC but a good CC is only going to have good guidance, not good numbers reread Tylers article here:

EARNINGS PER SHARE (EPS)

This will be the tricky metric for the quarter, and this metric will be the subject of a ton of debate. The reported earnings will be a miss. The street is expecting a $0.01 loss, but so far no analyst has considered the major charges that will impact this line. Sirius XM Radio has not yet published the impact of the recent XM Radio debt refinancing. The number will be substantial, and could impact the EPS by several pennies. Thus, the company will announce a big hit, but will qualify the statement by noting that a big portion of the hit will be attributable to one time charges. While SiriusBuzz readers will know about this because we are making note of it, most investors will be caught off guard. I foresee negative headlines being the norm by mainstream media, and that could put a good deal of pressure on the stock. Aside from the one time impacts, I see the company meeting street expectations, with a slight chance of beating them. However, investors should be prepared for an EPS loss to be much more substantial than $0.01 per share.

CLOSING

In my opinion the quarter will demonstrate more merger synergies and show that the company is on the right track. The refinancing in the quarter was a prudent move for the long term prospects of the company. The iPhone app will get positive discussion in the call, but don’t look for much color on the matter beyond perhaps the number of downloads. Sirius XM will have many positive aspects to report on, but the alignment of all of the metrics moving in the proper direction is not something we will see here in Q2.

The impact on investors is almost predictable. If history has taught us nothing else, we know to expect a run-up going into earnings followed by mainstream reporting on the quarter that highlights the negative. Realistically speaking, the company has not demonstrated a knockout quarter in quite some time that would silence their critics. That “perfect” quarter may come at some point, but not in Q2. Investors will see signs that free cash flow is around the corner, but the wait continues.
    this is exactly what was predicted and what happened last CC, same expectations, same runup....

Guru
    08-04-2009, 03:02 PM #155
    Quote Originally Posted by SD-08 View Post
    We had a low of .39 on 5/4 to a high of .55 only 3 days later on the 7th with 3 days of volume over 350 mil. That seemed much more dramatic than this.

Also, less than 2 months prior to that we were in the teens......very dramatic move in 60 days...........

NOW, things are CLEARLY better for SIRI and we're having trouble reaching the pre cc highs that we hit last time????????

Something is different
    only different because the hand has been shown, the spread isn't as big but the movement is the same, more people are in on the deal this time.

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 03:03 PM #156
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Watching this run over the past week is crazy. Is this a run up before a take down or are there better than expected earnings coming?
    The latter imho . .

I said 2 days ago that relmor's post CC orders at $0.38 and $0.39 will never fill . . I also said his $0.41 may not even fill. I also told socal that if the pattern seems too easy to detect then .. yada, yada

Regardless of Q2 earnings report on Thurs, the macroeconomic environment right now is vastly different than it has been for the last few calls, as well as the co's forward-looking metrics. both must be considered . .

I was told by jonpluc that he picked-up another dime from "people who never learn"

Anyway . . I stand by those calls. The last great buying opportunities are at hand. Sometimes the "charts" can obscure your view of the forrest.

The traders are now trying to cut the pie too fine and if you were a true long with a cost basis anywhere above $0.75 you may be chasing up on Friday (not saying it goes to $0.75; just saying those above $0.75 can still buy here to average-down but may have to chase-back the lots they just sold today for $0.50-$0.54)

Good luck pluc . . you're out with a profit! So this doesn't apply to you . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 08-04-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 03:06 PM #157
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I would need a drop to .42, before I buy this crap back again.
    don't hold your breath waiting . . you might be cutting the pie too fine this time . . but good luck.

p.s. is your mint chocolate chip green or white?

Head Honcho
    08-04-2009, 03:06 PM #158
    This would make sense if they had SIRIXM ads. Just saying as I have before they are not the TRUE competition to radio SIRIXM is.
    If who had Sirius XM ads?

If anything this just proves it, otherwise they would have SIRIXM there also. Unless you think SIRIXM would not be willing to advertise on radio Charles.
    Have SiriusXM where? What does that article have to do with Sirius XM advertising anywhere?

The article is about Clear Channels ad division selling advertising for Pandora.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 03:07 PM #159
    I wish you guys would shut up because if I sell another lot because of you and it doesn't come down I am going to be pissed.

you are going to be pissed

Guru
    08-04-2009, 03:21 PM #160
    ive been watching this too long to think that its going over $1 before we get the delisting notice for being under $1, which is going to take us right back down, even if for just a day.

We won't go over $1 until November, until after the 3Q CC.