Page 5 of 78 ... 345671555 ...
    Guru
    08-03-2009, 02:07 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post

We're at .47 cents and holding firm. If there is a pull back due to more lost subs on Thursday....how far ya think we pull back? Down as far as .35? Or ya think we go even lower?

Of course nobody knows. Just trying to get a feel for what y'all are thinkin.

What could Mel announce Thursday that would ECLIPSE any bad news about the sub numbers?
    Now that we are actually getting the pre CC runup Im feeling better about there is a good chance we are going to break .50 tomorrow or wednesday...after the CC and we lose more subs Im sure we will at least see .42 again.

you know we always get burned by some one time charge and word is that theres going to be a one time debt refi charge, if we post earnings of less than the (.01) like the (.07) we did last time than we'll be treading in the .30's again with that combined with lost subs.

Ask me again tomorrow and I'll have another gut feeling im sure.

Whats got me worried about selling for a pullback is the fact our FCF was barely negative last quarter, in fact if mel had donated $3.6 million we would have been positive. What happens if we turn positive i can only hope would carry us upwards from .50 and out of the .40's with some guidance.

08-03-2009, 02:12 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    The thing that REALLY pisses me off about the media tho....is that for the last few days ALL we've been hearing about is "CLASH fo CLUNKERS!" 24/7.

The newscasters are practically GIDDY with how this is GREAT news for the economy and that it's the best example of a stimulus plan that actually WORKS.

And YET....there has been not ONE mention in all this coverage of Sirius. Not ONCE.

Oh...they've had the automotive companies on...and the auto supplier companies have been highlighted on how MUCH they are benefitting.

But NOT ONE WORD about Sirius....perhaps the company that will most DIRECTLY benefit from this program.

It is ASTOUNDING.

A little over a year ago, Cramer was SCREAMING about Sirius EVERY DAY. Saying how it'd shoot up over $5 instantly after the merger. How it was the BEST thing since sliced bread. How they would OWN the car market if the merger was approved.

And now....not even a mention? This just PROVES beyond the shadow of a doubt of a conspiracy against this stock. It PROVES that before the merger the plan was to pump the stock. CNBC had the merger in the news EVERY DAY.

Let me ask you something, so they PUMP the news non stop pre merger....and then BAD coverage post merger?

Oh thats not exactly true. They covered it just after the merger when they switched from pumping it....to TRASHING it. They in tandem with Goldman Sachs shorting bashed the stock into oblivion.

And then they stopped coverage altogether.

Until the threat of Bankruptcy in February.

But again, when Sirius AVOIDED that....with what should have been GREAT news...the media once again put them on "ignore".

They were like the disappointed rubber necker who when passing a car wreck was let down there were no bodies and sped on.

When you look at the totality of the past year. And of the coverage(or lack there of) in relationship to the shorting agenda of Goldman Sachs....the picture becomes crystal clear.

The conspiracy is not only real....it's in your face. There is no denying it.
    Blaming the stock's performance on whether or not CNBC mentions it is a little simplistic. Let's be honest, SXM doesn't have a great track record when it comes to marketing itself. If the company wants to be talked about, then they should take the necessary steps to make sure they stay in the news. I'd hardly blame CNBC.

08-03-2009, 02:33 PM #43
    Of course Sirius could do a better job marketing itself. I am one of the biggest critics of when it comes to Sirius NOT aggressively marketing itself. It's horrible.

However...In this post I was specifically talking about the complete lack of coverage when there should be some about Sirius.

I don't expect Cramer to come out and pound the table at what a great BUY Sirius was like he did MOST of last year leading up to the merger.

But SOMETHING. It's almost like the staff got a memo NOT to mention Sirius, and if they did...do do it disparagingly.

Case in point, when outside reporter Jim Goldman called in to Fast Money GLOWING about Sirius and the record breaking number of it's iphone app downloads....the LOOK on their faces was PRICELESS. Jim Goldman never let up and they looked liked they swallowed poison.

And that is my point. The coverage on this Clash for Clunkers deal is EVERYWHERE. And yet, not one mention....not even an aside or a simple nod to Sirius and how it's good news for them.

It really does add to the impression that the media is consciously making an EFFORT to NOT mention Sirius.

I could see if it was just one piece in a busy news day. Then It'd be kind of silly to complain. But this Clash for Clunker thing is the TOP story ALL day for the last week and will go on being the top story....and yet....not one word about Sirius.

This you'd HAVE to admit is just a little odd? No? This directly benefits Sirius like NO other auto parts company. It's huge.

Again...I'm at a loss.

Addict
    08-03-2009, 02:36 PM #44

The Decade's 25 Biggest Tech Flops

Honestly "It did not cross my mind..."

http://tech.msn.com/products/slidesh...9&imageindex=7

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 04:09 PM #45

autodata

July sales pace comes in at 11.2mm

Guru
    08-03-2009, 04:26 PM #46
    with only 5 months in the year left they should have a pretty good idea by now

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 04:41 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    with only 5 months in the year left they should have a pretty good idea by now
    it's gonna be a pretty good year romo! they are running the company based on 9mm oem's

problem is . . they are not gonna tell us any of that on the 6th except possibly to guide-up on ebitda

my call is that they will guide-up to $400mm ebitda

the take-away from that should be that positive FCF for full year 2009 will then be within reach for the first time in the history of satellite radio

08-03-2009, 04:42 PM #48
    Hey, not as good as 16million units....but at least better than the previous 9 million.

I'll take it.

Cheers

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 04:48 PM #49

Mandatory radio show on thursday 8/6

May the Sirius Buzz community count on a radio show for this Thursday in order to help review and digest the CC??
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 10-03-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Head Honcho
    08-03-2009, 06:15 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    There once was this company that was named "SIRIUS" that really, really suck...

Wait a minute... that company really exists ... And I am at its cheerleaders website ! CRAP !
    Sorry, but this is not a cheerleading website. Readers here would not stand for simple cheerleading. If they wanted the rosey picture there would be other places to go. Here we talk about the good as well as the bad.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Page 5 of 78 ... 345671555 ...