Page 84 of 85 ... 347482838485
    08-09-2009, 02:34 PM #831
    Oh, geez--

We had to get into football now, didn't we? Here we go...

In the interest of full disclosure, I make my living in college athletics. So, it's more than a passing interest to me. College football and basketball are how I make my money to put into these silly penny stocks.

So, it looks like we'll be busy with another topic in the coming months. Maybe we *should* start a weekly sports thread, Bill...

EDIT: My stock strategy for the coming week is to keep a close eye on BEHL. I am wanting to sell about 1/3rd when/if it hits $0.15, then bank the rest for a really rainy day.

MGLG...no opinion here. Like watching paint dry. IF the company is truly buying back shares, that's a good sign that something is about to happen. They won't get mine.

BCLE...sigh. I am half-tempted to sell some of this and buy some more BEHL.

SIRI...still holding a very small amount. Most of them I gave as presents to family members, and I have told them that they decide when I sell them. They get to choose the value of their gift.
    Last edited by GoHerdGreg; 08-09-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Guru
    08-09-2009, 03:32 PM #832

FOUR acquisitons for QASP

press release

Aug 6, 2009, 1:59 p.m. EST
    Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. Announces Stock Repurchase Program

JACKSONVILLE, FL, Aug 06, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: QASP) (formerly) Equus Resources, Inc. (EQUR).

Quasar Aerospace announced that at a special meeting of its board of directors on August 5th, the board authorized The Chief Executive Officer to sign the agreement in principle to acquire our Target Acquisition #4 (TA#4). It has been agreed that TA#4 must be closed simultaneously with the three previously announced acquisitions. Therefore the closing date for all four has been delayed until August 28, 2009. This deal will more than double the previously announced forecasts for both revenue and profit for 2010. We are now estimating that our 2010 revenue will exceed $150 million and our pre-tax profit is estimated at approximately $33 million.

This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, and other risks. You should consider these factors in evaluating the forward-looking statements included herein, and not place undue reliance on such statements. The forward-looking statements in this release are made as of the date hereof and Equus Resources, Inc. and Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. under take no obligation to update such statements.

Mentor
    08-09-2009, 04:02 PM #833
    JS - Sorry for the memories! You know, I have always been of that different sort of camp where you 'hate' these guy's but in reality actually respect them - respect where respect is due- Aikman was a class act ... and we did have some epic battles .. Another story ...

I think I was about 15 or so and a good friends father worked for US Tobacco - We went to some rodeo out in Merced, CA and Walt Garisson was there, apparently my friends dad and Walt become pretty good friends due to ties with Skoal, think Walt was pitching it in those days ... Anyway .. They were friken crazy! First time I ever had been in excess of 100 mph in a moving vehicle! An LTD if I recall correctly. Just about crapped my pants. He let us check out his SuperBowl ring, I just remember that it wouldn't have fit on my big toe ... Great guy, really cool.

Bill, I don't know about another thread, I'm ambivalent either way, here or on it's own ... Football pool through PayPal? ... That's funny! Oh ... I don't even want to get into all that, did my share of sports betting for a strecth ... maybe that's why I am in stocks, same game with a more legitimate face!

Getting back on track ... Went poking around the spoke on MGLG, not sure if this was posted earlier in some other form;

Message #33093

New TVA Electric Plant May Unlock STAT's Gas Potential
    This on www.tennoil.com August News Letter
    NEW TVA ELECTRIC PLANT MAY UNLOCK STAT'S GAS POTENTIAL- The recent announcement by TVA of plans to build a natural gas-fired electric plant in Rogersville, may lead to the development of Tennessee's substantial natural gas potential, according to TOGA president, Scott Gilbert.

In a news release from TOGA headquarters, Gilbert said, "TVA will need up to 160 million cubic feet of natural gas a day for the plant scheduled to come on line in late 2011. Tennessee is now producing about 16 million cubic feet of gas, but has immense potential for to produce a great deal more gas. At this time, we are producing oil and gas from just 11 eastern and middle Tennessee counties, but there is reason to believe that most other eastern and middle Tennessee counties have potential for the production of gas or oil," he added. Gilbert noted that while there are several shallow and deep horizons capable of producing oil and gas in Tennessee, the most potential lies in a shale formation, called the Chattanooga Shale.

"The Chattanooga Shale lies like a blanket under the entire Cumberland Plateau and Highland Rim of eastern and middle Tennessee and in scattered locations in the rest of East Tennessee, at a depth of less than 1,000 feet to more than 4,000 feet." Said Gilbert, lead geologist for Vinland Energy. He noted that the shale gets deeper as you travel east. This rock formation, called the Chattanooga Shale in Tennessee is similar to the Marcellus Shale of New York and Pennsylvania and the Huron Shale of Eastern Kentucky. All three are Devonian Shales and underly almost the entire Appalachian Basin from New York to Alabama.

"Geologists agree that as a resource, the shale is huge, but the challenges are many. Shales are different from conventional source rocks and we are just now learning how to unlock the shale's potential," he added. Gilbert noted that the "shale play" started with the Barnett Shale play in Texas nearly a decade ago. The Barnett field is proven to have 2.5 trilling cubic feet of natural gas and is estimated to contain as much as 30 trillion cubic feet.

"The economic success of the Barnett Shale which began production in 1999, has spurred companies to search for other sources of shale gas including the Antrim Shale in Michigan, the Fayetteville Shale in Arkansas, the Haynesville shale in Louisiana as well as the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania and now the Chattanooga Shale in Tennessee.

"The Chattanooga Shale is not as deep as the Marcellus. Deeper wells have higher pressure, which generally result in more production but also higher costs, Gilbert pointed out. However, the Chattanooga is certainly worth exploring for and producing. Several Tennessee companies already have commercially successful Chattanooga Shale wells, both vertical and horizontal. Now with a very large potential market for our gas to TVA, we lack only the infrastructure, which will come with the additional leasing and drilling we anticipate," Gilbert predicted.

The proposed natural gas plant is to be located beside the John Sevier coal fired power plant, which supplies electricity to upper east Tennessee. The purpose is to reduce the emissions from the existing plant. The large majority of the coal currently burned in the John Sevier Plant is imported from neighboring states. The new gas fired plant will allow the State of Tennessee to provide homegrown, clean burning natural gas. Which result in more jobs and an increased taxes going into state coffers in the form of severance tax from the production of the gas.

You may also want to look at www.citizensgas.org Future Expansion
    Citizens Gas Utility District - Future Expansion
    Rural Development Project Road Phases
    Citizens Gas Utility District of Scott & Morgan Counties has filed an application for financial
    assistance with USDA Rural Development for a Natural Gas Distribution System expansion
    project in Scott and Morgan Counties. Citizens Gas Utility District is currently waiting approval
    from USDA Rural Development. Below is a listing of the roads for Natural Gas Distribution
    System expansion.
    Morgan County
    Phase One
    - Hwy. 62 compressor to Fentress County line
    - Barnett Bridge Road
    Phase Two
    - Miester Hills
    - Twin Bridge Road
    - Rome Road
    Phase Three
    1 / 4
    - Genesis Road
    Phase Four
    - Catfish Farm Road
    - Fairview Road
    - Millcreek Road
    - Hwy. 62 to Montgomery Road
    - Catoosa Road
    - Island Ford Road
    - Chestnut Ridge Road
    - Abigail Trail
    - Clarence Lee Road
    - Frankfort Road
    - Lee Road
    - Fritts Road & David Miller Road
    - Cassell Road
    - Back Petros Road
    - Pea Ridge Road
    - White Oak Road
    - Burrville Road
    - French Hamby Road
    - Ross Williams Road
    - Jr. Cox Road
    - Clear Creek Church Road
    - Finish out Ridge Road
    - Granville Howard Road
    - Clyde Cooper Road
    - Bill Hamby Road
    - Big John Road
    2 / 4
    - Peacock Road
    - Doc Huling Road
    - Charlie Jones Road
    Scott County
    Phase One
    - Bud West Lane
    - Lucust Lane
    - Forest Lane
    - Dexter Laxton/Ralph Hughett Lane
    - Ditney Trail
    Phase Two
    - Rob Watson Road
    - Clay Boyatt Road
    - Alderville Road
    - Adkins Trail
    - Phillips Loop Road off Cherry Fork Road
    3 / 4
    - Tunnel Hill Road at Robbins
    Phase Three
    - Pine Hill Road from Pleasant Grove to Bethlehem
    Road
    - Big Ridge Road to Grave Hill Road
    - Clay Hill Road from Pleasant Grove to Bethlehem
    Road
    - Fed Phillips Road
    Phase Four
    - Ridge Road Starts at Jurgins Road 1.8 miles
    4 / 4

We already know that MGLG is working in these area's, only makes sense that they will be bidding on more leases.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=40347304

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few good follow up's there as well.

Guru
    08-09-2009, 04:27 PM #834

EVFL Rumor

Here is a link to a RUMOR...let's see if it plays out.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...f=1&frt=2#4743

Addict
    08-09-2009, 04:35 PM #835
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Here is a link to a RUMOR...let's see if it plays out.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...f=1&frt=2#4743
    It looks good Bill, we will keep our fingers crossed.....

I think if we watch level 2 and try to time Qasp right we can make some extra money while waiting for the long term return....

I believe its gonna open hot and heavy go right to .06 which is a 5k return for me....It will pull back some and then maybe get to .10 this week with all the buzz..
    what do you think... we have to try to lock in profits along the ride....

Guru
    08-09-2009, 04:46 PM #836
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    It looks good Bill, we will keep our fingers crossed.....

I think if we watch level 2 and try to time Qasp right we can make some extra money while waiting for the long term return....

I believe its gonna open hot and heavy go right to .06 which is a 5k return for me....It will pull back some and then maybe get to .10 this week with all the buzz..
    what do you think... we have to try to lock in profits along the ride....
    Hey Jim,

Good day, sir.

I think you have the plan down really well. There is a whole bunch of buzz going on everywhere about QASP and EVFL. In that post up a couple here, they now have a fourth acquisition on the 28th of August. My God, this will have to fly if anything will.

Now to EVFL...they are doing a share count from I-hubbers and you can just PM the guy or post and he will add your shares to the list. It is all ready over 1.2 billion of I-hubbers alone. Here is the link: http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=40349152

Guru
    08-09-2009, 05:05 PM #837

Info on EVFL's Dennis McLaughlin

Addict
    08-09-2009, 05:30 PM #838
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Jim,

Good day, sir.

I think you have the plan down really well. There is a whole bunch of buzz going on everywhere about QASP and EVFL. In that post up a couple here, they now have a fourth acquisition on the 28th of August. My God, this will have to fly if anything will.

Now to EVFL...they are doing a share count from I-hubbers and you can just PM the guy or post and he will add your shares to the list. It is all ready over 1.2 billion of I-hubbers alone. Here is the link: http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=40349152
    Hey Bill.... Are you feeling ok or what.... Its me Tony

Guru
    08-09-2009, 05:33 PM #839

Qasp

Here is a bit of information:

Post #15179

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...5&BatchSize=10
    "Dean Bradley" <XXXXXXXXX@bellsouth.net>
    View contact details
    To:
    "XXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com>

XXXXXXXX:

I just hung up on Doug Faour, the airport manager at Herlong Airport. He invites you and anyone else that is interested to call 904-783-2805 and ask for the airport manager. He will confirm that Atlantic Aviation, Inc. is an active flight training program and a tenant in good standing at his airport. He will also confirm that there is a major development plan for Quasar Aerospace Industries on their airport. He also said that you could put it in the blog and he will confirm it. Dean

Guru
    08-09-2009, 05:36 PM #840
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Hey Bill.... Are you feeling ok or what.... Its me Tony
    Oh God.....sorry Tony! Good Day, Sir!

I'm feeling fine.