Page 83 of 85 ... 33738182838485
    Guru
    08-09-2009, 01:43 AM #821
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    This guys ...

<----

So stoked they decided to keep him on as head coach ... No BS and the most terrifying eyeballs in all of football, yeah loooong time 9er fan .. Been to ALL the parades ... In fact, Mike Holmgren was at one time my PE teacher, Oak Grove High School - The Morningwigs (Marty was headcoach in Detroit for awhile) were kick butt in my days, my brother-in-law who also played was next door neighbors and real good friends, we used to just mow over HS teams in those days ...

Wow, came back on here tonight and it was like ... 'Check out all the colors man ...'

Bill, how do you like your Direct TV anyway? I have an appointment to kill Comcast off next weekend and swap over ... they have been sucking the blood out of me for a long time now, curious if I am losing anything in the trade off.
    Holmgren is a great coach. Seattle has always been a limp dick team (I am from Seattle, so I can say that). They had so many injuries that have devastated them that they didn't have a prayer.

That must have been a really great memory having such a great coach as your P.E. teacher. That sure would give me a great sense of pride!

We can have some great wars over the football season. I look forward to it. I am just figuring out how to have weekly football pools....hehe ...Paypal...

Comcast sucks....

This is my thought on the whole thing. With Comcast, the satellite signal goes from a dish to the satellite and back to a dish...and then gets compressed and sent through wire and to the receiver that decompresses it.

Dish satellite goes from a dish to a satellite and then to your dish..a no brainer.

Which has the best picture? Satellite. No comparison.

Which dish network is the best? I think Dish Network.

Which is best for the NFL? Direct TV, because they are the only one that has the NFL package.

Second part.... Dish Network has the NFL channel where many games come on that are not on standard cable or dish.

Dish Network is cheaper than Direct TV.

It is really what you are looking for.

Be aware that you might lose signal during storms and you will have to go knock the snow off of your dish once in a while. A fix to this is to spray your dish with PAM a couple of times a year, but be careful not to break the eyes on the dish while doing so. It is worth the .99 a month for full maintenance. That way you won't be charged for repairs when you beat the hell out of your dish.

They all have their ups and downs, but Comcast, IMO, is a pig! When I had Comcast, I took the equipment back and threw it on the desk and told them how bad they sucked. I had about ten people behind me and they were shocked that they agreed with me. I got a standing ovation.

Guru
    08-09-2009, 01:57 AM #822

One more clarification

I simply believe in the truth. Total transparency and faith in our Constitution. I am like Glenn Beck. I love the truth and being financially fiscal.

08-09-2009, 02:18 AM #823

Sgx

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It never ends, does it....I am so sad for our future generations, that they will never know the greatness of America like we have known it since our childhoods.
    Hey Jeff / Bill / Ray / Tony / Dr. D / and everyone else!!

This is for regular (non penny) traders and potential global investment interests!!

I was looking at IPO's, came across this one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0090806?rpc=44
    Avago shares started trading for $16.51 on Nasdaq, before rising as far as $16.75 and then giving back some of those initial gains. In morning trading, Avago shares were changing hands for $16.04, up 6.9 percent over the $15.00 IPO price set late Wednesday.

Avago, a Singapore-based designer of analog semiconductor devices, sold 43.2 million shares and raised $648 million in the second largest IPO in the United States so far in 2009.

Singapore, may be a safe haven for your money, the reason I put this up is the fact that Singapore is a Constitutional Republic that is functional. (unlike our current republic)

They have excellent health care, low crime rate, and are promoting that people move there.
    I have been looking at this country over the past week, and I don't have the balls to move there, but putting your money there might not be a bad idea.
    Here is some data for those of you looking for overseas investments in the global market.

http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/market...trading_on_sgx

This may only appeal to a handful of people here like Ray. Dr. Dave may want to take a look at the commodities coming out of this market too.

But I am looking at this market too, I have been combing over their system of government and economy over the past week. I see a lot of potential here for the future of investments.

Hey Jeff! Yeah, I saw that, thanks!! Those CBO numbers that came out in the middle of July proved the bills were unsustainable, history will show that if this crap goes through, it will all end in tears. We can't afford it, and it will turn ugly.

Have a great weekend everybody!!!

Mentor
    08-09-2009, 11:05 AM #824
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Holmgren is a great coach. Seattle has always been a limp dick team (I am from Seattle, so I can say that). They had so many injuries that have devastated them that they didn't have a prayer.

That must have been a really great memory having such a great coach as your P.E. teacher. That sure would give me a great sense of pride!

We can have some great wars over the football season. I look forward to it. I am just figuring out how to have weekly football pools....hehe ...Paypal...

Comcast sucks....

This is my thought on the whole thing. With Comcast, the satellite signal goes from a dish to the satellite and back to a dish...and then gets compressed and sent through wire and to the receiver that decompresses it.

Dish satellite goes from a dish to a satellite and then to your dish..a no brainer.

Which has the best picture? Satellite. No comparison.

Which dish network is the best? I think Dish Network.

Which is best for the NFL? Direct TV, because they are the only one that has the NFL package.

Second part.... Dish Network has the NFL channel where many games come on that are not on standard cable or dish.

Dish Network is cheaper than Direct TV.

It is really what you are looking for.

Be aware that you might lose signal during storms and you will have to go knock the snow off of your dish once in a while. A fix to this is to spray your dish with PAM a couple of times a year, but be careful not to break the eyes on the dish while doing so. It is worth the .99 a month for full maintenance. That way you won't be charged for repairs when you beat the hell out of your dish.

They all have their ups and downs, but Comcast, IMO, is a pig! When I had Comcast, I took the equipment back and threw it on the desk and told them how bad they sucked. I had about ten people behind me and they were shocked that they agreed with me. I got a standing ovation.
    Damn Bill ... You kick-butt man, what a great post to wake up to. I am in the same camp and yet still have no relish for politics - I'll get off the subject just as quickly, spent a lot of time being all bound up in it ... now, I don't .. try not to let it all get under my skin.

Out here I don't have to worry about the snow, the 9ers are on locally and as long as I have Hockey and Direct TV has a 5 buck sports package that covers Comcast Sports (Liked it better when it was FOX Sports NET) so I should be good to go ... Just need to do some comparisons and see if I am losing anything that might be particular to the rest of boob tube slaves that live here Really, I could do without the whole stupid thing short of Sports, the History and Travel channels ... Science channel - It's the dumbing down of America ... Never mind, I'll restrain myself ...

Holmgren ... Yeah it's pretty darn cool, we used to call him "Homegrown" but never to his face! We did later on at one of the parades after we had long graduated and he just turned and smiled, shaking his head at us ... He is a great guy, used to sub for math sometimes as well ... wanted me on the track team and in wrestling since I was a skinny twerp but I was too busy destroying my brain cells with the stoner's ... Senior year I wanted to play sports and ... ended up getting a job and what they called 'work experience' in essence cutting your school day short to go to work ...

But it is always a trip to see him on the tube ... can't say it was one of those "I would have never guessed it" kind of things ... think there were always rumors buzzing around about him going to the NFL in some capacity. It was just a given ...

Elway is cool, always liked him for his grit and arm ... Joe though ... what can you say? BTW- "The Catch" - I was there in the end zone, we camped out in the parking lot for 3 days to get those tix. My buddy was a Dallas fan to boot. I always have to come clean with this story ... when Dwight went up for the "Catch" everybody stood up and I didn't see it until he circled out with the ball in his hands ... But talk about pandemonium !... I get goosebumps talking about it ... We were all half drunk, hugging complete strangers, a guy came over and poured his beer over my Dallas friends head. Later on in life Dwight came out to a Home Despot and I had him sign my ticket stub ... Some day I need the other half of that dynamic duo to sign it ...

We have pretty well been sucking the last several years but you know with 5 SB's under our belt ... I never complain - Was really pulling for PHX last year even though I love the Steelers, that was a darn good SB - I am still a sports junkie, just not as .... rabid as I used to be

Mentor
    08-09-2009, 11:16 AM #825
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Hey Jeff / Bill / Ray / Tony / Dr. D / and everyone else!!

This is for regular (non penny) traders and potential global investment interests!!

I was looking at IPO's, came across this one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0090806?rpc=44
    Avago shares started trading for $16.51 on Nasdaq, before rising as far as $16.75 and then giving back some of those initial gains. In morning trading, Avago shares were changing hands for $16.04, up 6.9 percent over the $15.00 IPO price set late Wednesday.

Avago, a Singapore-based designer of analog semiconductor devices, sold 43.2 million shares and raised $648 million in the second largest IPO in the United States so far in 2009.

Singapore, may be a safe haven for your money, the reason I put this up is the fact that Singapore is a Constitutional Republic that is functional. (unlike our current republic)

They have excellent health care, low crime rate, and are promoting that people move there.
    I have been looking at this country over the past week, and I don't have the balls to move there, but putting your money there might not be a bad idea.
    Here is some data for those of you looking for overseas investments in the global market.

http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/market...trading_on_sgx

This may only appeal to a handful of people here like Ray. Dr. Dave may want to take a look at the commodities coming out of this market too.

But I am looking at this market too, I have been combing over their system of government and economy over the past week. I see a lot of potential here for the future of investments.

Hey Jeff! Yeah, I saw that, thanks!! Those CBO numbers that came out in the middle of July proved the bills were unsustainable, history will show that if this crap goes through, it will all end in tears. We can't afford it, and it will turn ugly.

Have a great weekend everybody!!!
    Hey Dread,

The company I work for also does business over there - In fact I took over or rather added to my responsibilites for a guy they moved over there. Have heard nothing but good things about SG (as we call it) ... Didn't know about their setup politicaly ... definetly worth more investigation investment wise.

Mentor
    08-09-2009, 11:42 AM #826
    LT

From a lifelong Cowboys fan...why did you have to bring up that painful memory! Ruined my W/E!LOL The Boys and the 9ers have had some classic games...Loved it!

I think Singletary will instill a strong work ethic in the 9ers. Hell, even that Dbag Vernon Davis(had him on my fantasy team) got the point...heard he stated that Crabtree needs to be in camp! I absolutely love the fact that Singletary publically undressed him! And those beady, piercing eyes...sure as hell wouldn't want him staring at me...might piss my pants!

Bill/Dread

I will leave the politics out of this thread! Please speak up in the politics thread.

Where is the football thread!

Jeff

Guru
    08-09-2009, 12:03 PM #827
    Hey Jeff, Tib and guys,

Football thread? How do you guys want to handle this? Do you want a football thread by itself, or just want to discuss it in here? I can make and stick one in the Market Watch arena. Or we can just discuss it in this thread as added entertainment over the weekends and during the week.

Your choice guys....What are your thoughts?

Anybody for a town hall meeting? Just kidding!
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-09-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Guru
    08-09-2009, 12:25 PM #828
    Here we go! This would be tonight!

Preseason 2009

Hall of Fame Week
    Sun, Aug 09 Stadium Time (ET) Network DIRECTV (HD) SIRIUS Westwood One
    BUF @ TEN Fawcett Stadium 8:00 PM NBC

TODAY ON SIRIUS NFL RADIO CH. 124 (For those that don't have functioning eyeballs).

Sunday:

7:30 pm ET - Hall of Fame Game: Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans

Guru
    08-09-2009, 12:55 PM #829
    Hey Jimmy,

I am actually going over to Singapore this year, I do believe. My wife is going over there to meet with the CEO and muckie mucks of her corporation. We will be there for a week.

As far as when....I don't know...I can fill a suitcase quickly. Maybe it is the first of the year...beats me.

Everybody that I know that has been there has had nothing but praise for the country though.

I have to get my passport updated. Thanks for reminding me.
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-09-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Guru
    08-09-2009, 02:24 PM #830
    What's your guys stock picks and strategies for the upcoming week?