Page 10 of 85 ... 891011122060 ...
    Addict
    08-03-2009, 11:32 PM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    I think I'm addicted to this board......
    Medically speaking, it's only an addiction if it's bad for you. Otherwise it's just a good habit. But you're a Dr; you already knew that. :-)

Dumb luck hit me today. I'm transferring money from one TDA acct to another to get it out of my exes control so I sold my MGLG at .0008. Just dumb luck timing. Will buy back when the money hits my other acct next week. I also sold my BCLE at .02 :-(. But better to do that and get it to my private acct I think. Will buy that back also.
    Still own BEHL. Yahoo!!! I never knew algae was so awesome.

Cheers n beers everyone.

08-03-2009, 11:40 PM #92
    hey guys ,ACAS is American Capital. It is a business development company, I will link a definition from the fool. I realize it is dated but the definition holds true. This type of company must distribute a large amount of its capital to shareholders in order to maintain it's tax status with the fed

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...g-gorilla.aspx

Guru
    08-03-2009, 11:41 PM #93

spng

good stuff

The company began laboratory development of its technology in 1999, but products didn't reach the market until 2007. After posting revenues of $55,000 that year, SpongeTech's sales increased to $5.6 million in 2008 and then to $31 million through the first three quarters of 2009 with projected sales in 2009 totaling $40 million, according to SpongeTech’s Director of Marketing, Jack Schwartzberg.

The company’s best selling product has been the 3-Pack Car Sponge Kit, but a new product is poised to usurp that title. The Spongebob Squarepants Soap-Filled Bath Sponge debuted at a recent mini-launch in New England and, due to strong demand, the number of stores stocking the product was increased from 9 to 200 in just three weeks. The line is sure to please parents with its infused non-toxic, ultra gentle soap, as well as entertain children with the lovable face of Spongebob displayed on each sponge.

Mr. Schwartzberg is confident that the company will continue to grow leaps and bounds with the product’s retail launch, despite its unannounced date.

“It has been an absolute blockbuster…and every store sold out on the first day," he said. "Our category manager gets 15 emails a day asking for more…everyone wants it and it will sell.”

http://www.happi.com/articles/2009/0...ut-a-big-gain-

Im thinking break .16 its going to .25 and if they officially reduce the O/S and A/S and continue to produce sales and orders it could see .50, IMO DYODD.

I got in at .02 made money and sold, got back in at .04 and have an average of .07 currently trading at .16

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 11:41 PM #94
    Man, I really really need to get to work Bill - thank the lord we don't have a chatroom on this site. On the previous message/board chatroom I was on I'd spend the whole day on it... worse yet the owner and a few of the other moderators would throw up charts that would automatically show up on your screen. On a mac, you have multiple desktops that you switch back and forth on, but those charts would fly up on whatever desktop screen you were using, so you couldn't hide the fact that you weren't doing something else. Dangerous.

Guru
    08-03-2009, 11:46 PM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    I tell you what Bill,
    I said to myself, as soon as I sell all of my holdings, the macro would turn around and I would be stuck holding the bag.
    Sure enough all this news starts coming out that the recession is over.

I have been retooling my strategy, I have always enjoyed watching everyone here play the pennies so, I decided to build a strategy for myself.
    last week I was just doing a seek and destroy on pennies. Looking for any breaking news and speculation on anything. I got lucky on FRNTQ!!
    Just was in the right place at the right time. When I saw the news break FRNTQ was at .08 /.09. As soon as I logged into my account, it was at .10 / .11. I said to hell with it after watching the CIT / CBIS ones just going nuts, I pulled the trigger.
    Anyone out there, don't do what I do, EVER!! Very stupid and risky!!

But yeah Bill, always good to hear from you, I think I might have to throw some skin into the BEHL game, watching it closely now.

Oh yeah, now that I am active on trading, the markets should take a nose dive again. LOL!!

Have a good one Bill!!! I will try not to be a stranger, just needed a little change. (No pun intended on the change comment, I think the country has had enough change for now.)
    I loved that comment I heard on T.V., that we are starting to see "Little Green Sprouts". Oh ya, we are in such great shape economically that China is giving us directions on Capitalism. Good Lord, there isn't any recession ending.

I just wish this was March again when the DOW was down at 6500, boy would I play it a lot smarter. That was a real kick in the ass though! Buying FREE for .85..SBLK for 1.20 etc..

Then I got into AIB (Tripps remembers that one, lol). I bought it on the last good day and then it plummeted. It made me so paranoid that when it finally really bottomed out I was afraid of it and missed that run-up.

ABK killed me for months, then I finally got out with a little profit. Of course after I got out it ran up.

I guess I am learning some patience now and am not flipping all of the time. Take for instance BCLE. I am not worried about it. We have all taken it for a long from the beginning. When it moves..it moves. Until then..I just don't care.

I can't get all wound up on stocks not moving, but I still have my weaknesses. Discipline is tough. blah blah blah...lol

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 11:51 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Medically speaking, it's only an addiction if it's bad for you. Otherwise it's just a good habit. But you're a Dr; you already knew that. :-)

Dumb luck hit me today. I'm transferring money from one TDA acct to another to get it out of my exes control so I sold my MGLG at .0008. Just dumb luck timing. Will buy back when the money hits my other acct next week. I also sold my BCLE at .02 :-(. But better to do that and get it to my private acct I think. Will buy that back also.
    Still own BEHL. Yahoo!!! I never knew algae was so awesome.

Cheers n beers everyone.
    Hahaha - I wish I were that kind of Dr., then I could figure out how to control myself, Ramsey from the SIRI board gave me this screen name.

But lets see -

Shows up late to work, cause looking at market watch board and charts
    Does no work at work, cause looking at market watch board and charts
    Can't wait to get home to look at market watch board and charts
    Misses the open everyday, cause stayed up to late to read market watch board and charts

No problem I guess.

Guru
    08-03-2009, 11:51 PM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Man, I really really need to get to work Bill - thank the lord we don't have a chatroom on this site. On the previous message/board chatroom I was on I'd spend the whole day on it... worse yet the owner and a few of the other moderators would throw up charts that would automatically show up on your screen. On a mac, you have multiple desktops that you switch back and forth on, but those charts would fly up on whatever desktop screen you were using, so you couldn't hide the fact that you weren't doing something else. Dangerous.
    Are you working physically at another location, or home? (I am really helping you out by making this post). I am glad that we don't have a chat room on this particular site, unless it was like CBOX where you can go back and read comments as far as you want to go. Sometimes chat goes too fast and by the time you type something it doesn't apply anymore. This kind of puts the brakes on things and lets us try and make at least a little sense.

Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    08-03-2009, 11:59 PM #98

ifsl

IFSL is another stock I am vested in.

I have made some nice coin...but. I am curious why this one is not moving. This is a real company making real profits.... yet... bashers and no movement in pps has me scratching my head.

Apparently, between IFSL and QASP.. what we can learn is that profits do not seem to motivate buying... Hmmmm...

08-04-2009, 12:02 AM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Are you working physically at another location, or home? (I am really helping you out by making this post). I am glad that we don't have a chat room on this particular site, unless it was like CBOX where you can go back and read comments as far as you want to go. Sometimes chat goes too fast and by the time you type something it doesn't apply anymore. This kind of puts the brakes on things and lets us try and make at least a little sense.
    Agreed,Bill chat is too fast ....wind storm here so I have my lap top with me

why I am holding my dish in place with a 2 by 4 by 16 ft I had to let the kids go to bed......

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 12:04 AM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I'm at work away from home - those 3 am posts you see, most are from work... I'm likely like Shots in a way, the apt I pay for isn't worth the money or the drive over to get there, since I'm here all the time.

hahaha, I remember once, one of the bosses was sitting next to me, and I was logged into the chatroom, and I actually did have a chart fly up. I'll show one to you if I can find one, these guys were nutso.

Seriously, getting back to work - Ray, I used to live in Wyo - the wind there was crazy!
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 08-04-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Page 10 of 85 ... 891011122060 ...